Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rollpan/Bumper for My Blazer X

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    desertblazer
    just buy a bumper from a 97
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

Yeah my X came with a center step bumper and a fugly trailer hitch.....lol

i just wanna flush mine like this, maybe with some caddy lights. Why cant it be easy like a damn s-10. LOL. Guess ill just save up and take it to the local shop. Tell them to hack that frame a bit and weld on those s-10 sides. Hope i can get a good price on it. not sure if i can keep my stock moldings though. I kinda like them on there. What do you guys think? Check out my site with my truck on it. .my truck
    2001 GMC Jimmy --
    Bagged up front and waiting for a 4-link for the rear. Dropped 6" in the rear.
    18" Eagle Alloy 212's
    Shaved Roof Rack
    Grill Craft Sport Grill

------------------------------------------------
    Chad
    X-10 Customs
    Webmaster &
    Orange County Member
    X-10 Customs : SoCal

come on guys, the 94-97 blazers had that "rollpan" in the rear, where the 98 + have the step on them. if u think about it, that roll pan u bought, its basicaly the rear of a 97 blazer. no offense, but u could of went to a junk yard and got one for like 50 bucks, thats EXACTLY what it is

94 4dr 2wd jimmy - GONE!!
    98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

Have U Had Your V8 Today LOW PSI's Avatar
    Actually it is not the same.
    1. The cutout for the license plate is huge where as the one I bought is small.
    2. The factory style has crappy plastic stuff on it where as my new one is smooth.
    3. The factory bumpers have a hole to access the spare under the truck. Mine is a 2 door so there is no spare under the truck.
    4 The factory "Bumper" weights a ton, my new one is very light.
    5. I don't put junkyard parts on my truck, for the simple fact there is usually too much work to be done on Junk yard parts to bother with. (Junk yards in my area SUCK!)
    6. If I decide to put taillights in the roll pan, it will be very easy to do as opposed to cutting a factory style bumper to do the same.

yeah i get ya, im just basicaly sayin its just about the same thing, same concept, looks exactly the same once painted, but put up pics when u get it on, id like to see it

94 4dr 2wd jimmy - GONE!!
    98 4dr 4x4 blazer- GONE
    06 colbalt ss 4dr - GONE
    2012 Ram Sport 1500 QC

4 Door Love

hey yall i just thought of an idea for a 2nd gen roll pan. im sure this has been thought of and posted before but im gonna do it because i wana know if anyones tried it. could i take a s-10 bed and cut the bottom of the back of the bed off and weld it or bolt it to my blazer? im not sure if the mesurements are the same but im gonna go tomorrow and find out. if anyone knows what the hell im talkin bout please let me know. but yeah im not payin 150 bucks for sumthin i already have. and yeah if i make me a coo coo roll pan, if any one wants to buuy my stock ""rollpan"" let me know.

ok later
    JJ
    Have you ever been kissed by a goat?

and by the way, does anyone know why GM put reese hitches on the extreams???

thanks
    JJ

Originally posted by FeTTo
    yeah i get ya, im just basicaly sayin its just about the same thing, same concept, looks exactly the same once painted, but put up pics when u get it on, id like to see it
    Mine didn't look the same...lol

Have U Had Your V8 Today LOW PSI's Avatar
    I had to buy something. My rear end was mangled by a Ford ranger late in the fall.

GM puts a hitch on the Blazer X to tow with. Da!
    just kidding. The Blazer has a towing capactiy of aroung 5000 lbs maybe more. I used my X, before I bagged it, to to my Scarab. It toed it with out a problem.

oh i figured it was sumthin like that

now kanderson63 i like yours because it has the plate off set. you can tell just by a glance its not stock.

later
    JJ

Originally posted by jj97blazer
    now kanderson63 i like yours because it has the plate off set. you can tell just by a glance its not stock.

later
    JJ
    Thanks, yep thats why I had it angled and off centered, to be different....I want to get the shaved flush mounted roll pan with the Xtreme side effects one from R.A.W as soon as they finish it and relocate the plate to the tailgate....

are all of raw's pans gonna have the xtreme side effects shit or are they gonna make one with out the effects? cause i really dont want those on it. yeah if i go buy one or if i get one from them i think im gonna french my plate into the hatch. cause i dont have a tailgate. i think thats the only thing i dont like about my blazer. oh yeah and the fact that its a chevrolet...j/k, its just been given me problems here lately and im kinda feed up with it. ok later

thanks
    JJ

Do you all think it would be possible to hide the tow hitch behing the license place on a raw x roll pan? I dont have neither one yet, but I need to get hitch to pull my jet ski and raw pans just look good.

Can somebody take a pic of their hitch mounted for me please? I want to have an idea on how it mounts. Because if it mounts the way I think it does, then when you chop the frame for the raw pan, you will chop the mounting point of the hitch. I saw somebody saying something sorta like that you can drill holes farther back on the frame on another thread, but I dont see how, because the gas tank would be in the way...
    VLAD

My 95