Thread: Body work!!??

Body work!!??

Can anyone tell me why my bondo is crackin i mean did i really screw it up or what and this is the first time it has cracked but now that i look at my handles and body lines i can see a lot of imperfections now even though they have been done for a week now? any sugestions and should i try to do it over again or take it to a body shop i mena i don't want to do tha but i am really getting frustrated with this bondo shit and woudl anyone know how much they would charge to smooth out the body lines, door handles, roof rack holes,rool pan and frenced in licence plate?

Big Swole
    did u use a lot of bondo? you should try to use as little as possible. but with the weather being the way it has been, it will crack a little if not done right. and with opening and shutting doors, the bondo doesnt really flex so i can crack that way also. i would suggest taking it to a body shop and having them do it. it wont be cheap but then you will at least have a warranty and let them deal with the headache

Bondo or painting should also always be done at 70 degreed F or better
    Support Sattelite Radio! Goto www.siriusbackstage.com
    goto http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal to see my updated pics!

-- I won't bag it and/or drop it, because face it, I'm too old to have a ghetto-mobile
    "I live with 2 retards and a deaf person.....It's not so bad..." --Grandma

uhm....how thick did you put the stuff on?
    01 primered X

Thin, try to do the bondo as thin as possible to match existing contours, then sand smooth..

-- I won't bag it and/or drop it, because face it, I'm too old to have a ghetto-mobile

so body shop for sure then huh alright thanks guys how much do you think they will charge for body lines door handles and rust bery little and dents very little ? and do you think i should just have them primer the whole thing while at it ? how much ?

probably around 750 to a grand...

One other thing to cosider, bondo will continue to shrink for a while, so you need to give it some time for shrinkage, then go back ans smooth it. finish with a spot putty.
    2004 Xtreme

If using filler in many thin coats, shrinkage is minimal. If he put a big blop of it on, then yes it would of shrunk.

rlith- when i asked the question i was refering to subsytem, sorry i should of been clear
    01 primered X