Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C-Notch'n the Frame...

Banned
    I think all im gonna do is buy a bolt in notch from Jason.. @suicidedoor.com.. $40 bucks for a bolt in.. Giving you around 2.25" more clearence... Thats all i need really.. Im not gonna be slammed in the dirt.. Just dropped 4/5.. I wouldnt notch it.. But with my V8'n it.. I know when i come outta the whole or get on it hard its gonna squat.. Which will be some metal smacking.. So im gonna get the bolt in notch.. and weld it in... Or might just see about gettin a notch like Mike(BL) has shown in his tech article...

Banned
    Hey Mike(BL).. I cant seem to find anyone that can make me a home made notch or knows anything about any of this.. They all tell me to go out of town to get it.. But over in the other town everything is very expensive it seems.. So where could i buy a notch like you have in the notch article?.. Or could i just get a bolt in notch from Jason @suicidedoors.com thats a bolt in,give me around 2.25" clearence more, and just weld it in?... -Thanks

low_blazer, did you box your frame at the notch or just leave it open?

streetissuecustoms.com low_blazer's Avatar
    I left it open...the whole notch was done with 1/4" plate, and 1/4" thick, 6" tube...I'lll probably box the back when I 4-link it and finsh the engine swap..
    Doug
    '85 Blazer...bagged, small-blocked, back-halfed and body dropped
    http://streetissuecustoms.com/salesban_3.jpg
    Street Issue Customs

For all your custom fiberglass, interior or stereo needs... Epicenter Designs

Originally posted by S/T Lover
    That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

Banned
    Whad you do?.. Just go to a metal shop and find a piece of pipe and have it chopped in half, then welded in?..

Banned
    Where can i buy a notch like in the c-notch tech article or just a bolt in notch?...

You can't buy a notch like Mikes or mine...you hafta either build it from scratch, or have a shop do it if you don't have the tools/skills to do it youself. I'll say it again, the bolt in notch from Jason WILL NOT WORK ON A BLAZER. That notch is meant for a straight frame....the Blazer bends in 2 directions right where you need to notch...
    Doug
    Street Issue Customs

That post would have made more sense if you would have just pissed all over the screen and posted a screen shot of that.

Banned
    Then what am i gonna have to do about a notch?..

Well, either get creative with some 1/4" plate steel and a welder, or find somebody to do it for you. Any reputable custom shop should be able to hook you up.
    Doug
    Street Issue Customs

its not really a big project so I dont think that it would cost a whole lot having shop do it...maybe $200-$300
    this is a test of the sig

You know what...I'm retarded. I just read a couple posts down that Jason's doing a bolt in Blazer notch...I should use the scroll button more often..
    Doug
    Street Issue Customs

Banned
    So now you wonder why i asked about the bolt in notch for the Blazers huh low_blazer :D... i emailed him a couple days ago about one.. But hadnt gotten a response yet.. When and if i can get one im just gonna have it welded in.. Im gonna have everything ready.. So all anyone who is gonna be welding it.. Is tach it and put some beads on it.. im gonna have it cut out and the notch there and ready..

Banned
    I still dont know what to do, or how to go about getting a notch for what i need.. Does anyone know any companies that i can just buy a bolt in notch or notch like is made in the notch tech article?.. i really need to know something quick because the frame is coming back together. And will soon be ready for the body to sit back on.. So i need to get this done before all the suspension goes back under it..

Dude...you can't buy a notch like the one in the tech article. He cut that from a sheet of 1/4" steel and did everything from scratch. There aren't a whole lot of people that make stuff for Blazer rears because the frame is so wierd. If you want a notch like that, you're gonna need to either build it your self, or find a reputable shop to do it for you. SuicideDoors.com is the only reputable businiess that you MAY be able to get a bolt in notch from, and nobody really knows his timeline becuse he's so damn busy. The tech article's a good guide...a notch is not that hard to do if you have the ability. Just make sure and be careful to support the rear of the truck, and watch out for the gas lines, body mounts and gas tank crossmember..all of which are right where your notch will be.
    Doug
    Street Issue Customs

Banned
    Yea i checked that out today.. The diffrence between blazer and S10 frames.. They are very much diffrent..Mike(BL) is supposed to get me his specs on his home made notch that he did in the notch article.. So that should help me out.. my old welding teacher at vocational may do it for me.. im gonna take him something like a blue print of one and see what can be done with it..