Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "DING KING"

Beer,Its whats for dinner Paraquat's Avatar
    Originally posted by Paraquat
    If you watch the commercial closely, when that guy pulls out the dent, you can still see the dent in the glare (barely). but its there.
    Heres a dent removal tool kit everyone can enjoy
    welder
    welding rod
    sawzall
    sheet metal
    :)

--Steve
    I hate my truck.

well, can anyone kinda explain the proper way to remove small and medium dingies? of course youre not gonna patch it with sheet metal of its small... heh
    03 s10 (stock) / 90 blazer (layin body)

You could do it right, or do it halfassed
    :D

--Steve
    I hate my truck.

k explain.
    03 s10 (stock) / 90 blazer (layin body)

sawzall a hole aroudn the dent
    cut up a peice of sheet metal
    weld it in
    sand it down flush
    prime it and sand the fuck out of it
    paint it

--Steve
    I hate my truck.

Creative Genius
    I used the DING KING and it worked perfectly, I have used it like 100 times... maybe you guys just aren't using it right...?

Creative Genius
    Yeah, so I pulled that outta my ass, I've never even heard of the DING KING... but it would be cool if it did work for me.

Small and medium dings can be removed by, hammering the dent out from behind or carefully from the front with a heavy flat or curved piece of metal on the opposite side, this will semi straighten the metal, assuming its not a serious dent, which actually stretches the metal and requires shrinking the metal with a special hammer. Then once its cleaned up the best possible grind the area down several inces past the fixed area and follow the directions on the can of bondo. If your trying to fix it with out painting, Look up Paintless dent repair in the phone book. They have some interesting tools they use, but it works if they know how to use them. L8R

http://www.cardomain.com/id/1loblzr

3rd place Texas Heatwave 02 Mini SUV street, 1st place Texas Showdown 03 SUV Street, 2nd place Texas Heatwave 03 Mini SUV Full modified, 1st Place Rollout 2K3 SUV mild, 2nd place Houston Autorama semi mini sport wagon, 2nd place Dustoff 04 SUV Wild, 3rd lakefront tour 04, 1st heatwave 06, 2nd Dustoff 06

Take it to a dent repair shop and take the money you were going to use to buy the Ding King and fix it right!!
    Life isn't a game....but it has a playground!

I've got one of them there dent puller thingys. :rolleyes: My momma dukes bought it for the whole house to use when she saw it on tv. I guess she thought it would be a cool thing to have just in case. I can tell you that if you have a small dent, it's probably not that good of a tool to use. They can pull it to far out if you use it twice, but they supply a plastic dowel with a very blunt tip to bang it back in if it happens. My dad's sierra, my bro's tahoe, and my svx have all benefited from it. If you have patience and time on your hands, you can try it. The glue comes off if you don't rub ALL the wax off when you clean it with the crap they give you. If you do buy one of them, try it on another car first to get the idea of it. That puller saved me some money, but I had a lot of test dents to try it on. Made em myself in my cavalier. :D
    Dude, my car does NOT suck!!!

i know a really cheap dent remover..get a damn plunger and put in on there and pull..might take a few tries but get them out pretty good..if its right at a corner or somtin then it may not but fo 2 bucks fo a plunger how can u lose, but u prolly already have one around so big pimpin to u..lol

Kilo
    -98 Chevy S10 ZR2 - Stock
    -92 Chevy Blaze - Gone but Not Forgotten
    -97 Chevy Suburban - 6.5 TurboDiesel - New Project

The paintless dent removal shops you see advertised can do wonders, if the guy knows his stuff. I worked at a car lot, and we had a guy that regualarly came by, did great work. I have a few small dings that Iam going ot get them to do, that way no bondo :D . I personally would recommend the paintless dent removers, they do work. (the shops, not the POS infomercial tools)
    2004 Xtreme

I bought it and have tried to pull out 4 different dents, none came out, its a piece of shyte..
    i had a little monkey
    i sent him to the country and i fed him on gingerbread
    along came a choo choo, knocked my monkey coo-coo
    and now my monkey's dead
    at least he looks that way, but then again don't we all?

Thumbs down

I bought a Ding King and didnt try it until it was to late to return it. That stuff they give you to get the excess glue off just spreads it and makes it stick worse. I tried it 10 times on one dent and it still didnt do it. I found that the blunt tip and the wegde thing and a hammer on the back side of the pannel works a hell of a lot better!
    Drive fast, Live good, Die happy!
    :mad:
    Hot Rod