Thread: LT1 swap

Question LT1 swap

Okay, wanna put a LT1 in my blazer. what do I need, will it all work? Has anyone done it before? how much will it cost, and will it make it that much difference in my girl? I want it to be a daily driver and not have any problems over heating or breaking down. I have an elecronic transfer case, and will it still work with the LT1. how long should it take to swap over and how much customizing will I have to do to her. It now has a vortec w/ a 4L60 trans. I am a young mechanic and have acsess to a shop with all kinds of tools and supplies. I am very smart with fuel injection and elecrtonic engine controls but want to hear some opinions and facts
    any info. will be appreciated.
    THANX

Talking LT1 swap

I have a fully functional LT1 S10 converted to AWD with a Blower and intercooler, The swap is not the easiest thing in the world but it's def' worth the effort, my truck is a daily driver and down in the 10's now.
    Very important, Use a Howell Performance LT1 harness and a 94/95 PCM, www.carputing.com sells a software and cable package for about 200.00 bucks to reprogram the LT1 PCM with a laptop, you'll need this because it allows you to program in your tire size and gear ratios without those spooky little black boxes that never seem to work 100% right, it also allows you to adjust whatever you like for the motor. Your stock trans will bolt right up to the LT1 but may not last very long, I own a trans shop and sell units for this application as well. I also sell a complete AWD conversion package too, very pricey though. Good luck and if you have any questions I'll be happy to hear from you.

10's huh?? What else have you done to the motor? I've seen Procharged LT1 camaros' and they don't run 10's. You got any numbers for it?? 60 ft 330ft 1/8 mile, 1/4 mph?? Its gotta be much heavier than a camaro with the awd stuff. Not trying to bash ya, just curious.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

yea do the swap!

i have an LT1 in my truck and its amazing, rite now i dont like the gas mileage im getting but its cause i just got my truck a few weeks ago and its still my new "toy" so im gunning it around sometimes. i already blew my rear differential and i got a used one in there now, but if you plan on putting in a 350 than expect to blow a lot of stock parts and things like that, there made to handle V6 abuse and not V8 abuse.
    the LT1 has potential go for it!!
    MY BLAZER IS FOR SALE - CHECK THE CLASSIFIEDS

$3000 O.B.O

there are 2 transmissions that are a called 4L60 one was made for your small block v8's then theres the ones for your 4.3 these trannies are drifferent and wont bolt up 4.3 has a more narrow bell housing if someone told u it would bolt up, :nono: consider this person on crack i know i bought the v8 conversion manual and have done the LT1 swap in my 96 gmc sonoma thats why u have to beat the firewall back for a bigger openning cause the transmission for the LT1(350) is wider:bigthumb:

one more thing what year is the motor 93camero? this has no mass air flow senser trans is 4L60 94 and up has mass air flow trans are called 4L60E different harness and chip go to painless wiring.com:bigthumb: bout 100.00 for the chip and 350.00 4 the harness

Originally posted by kirbyd
    no mass air flow senser trans is 4L60 94 and up has mass air flow trans are called 4L60E
    Dude, what the fuck is mass airflow trans? You've posted 3 posts already, and all of them have been complete shit. Learn what your talking about before you start posting trying to help out others. OH and just cause you read your s-10 v8 manual(apparently not too well cause it explains that a 4.3 tranny will bolt up to a 305 or 350 with no mods) doens't mean you an expert on the subject.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.