Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: dual exhaust

the reason you're backfiring is your exhaust is too big and cold are is getting into your pipe. you said you ran 3" i hope that is just a single but even as a single 3 inches is too big. you're probably killing your gas mileage and your low end torque too. true duals are a waste of $$ since they flow like shit and make your car run like it too. and low97 youre a stupid bitch.

bass is a addiction! addiction2bass's Avatar
    Originally posted by TruStinger
    low97 youre a stupid bitch.
    i third that.LOL

running your truck straight pipes isnt good at all for the engine! and id say if you had true duals with the H pipe instaled it would be great ;) still preaty much true duals just a extra pipe to equal out the pressure.

i burn myself all the time with my welder.LOL but i realy dont care. comes with the teritory....... either ark burn or sparks/ glowing welding balls flyen down your pants/shirt or anywhere those things go every where.LOL

why do anything to your truck unless you want people to see or hear the difference? remember you also took the time to registure with this forum. only difference is were doin it right and not ghetto/ricer style.

why have a truck if your not gonna use it? horible gas milage..... well what the hell ya gonna pull your boat/trailer with? drive in deep snow/offroading, or hauling anything such as boards, sofa, washer/dryer..........a tiny honda.LOL I THINK NOT.......... or ya could be realy ghetto and tie a rop around the roof with a bed on the top.LOL

sad part is ive seen that done............. right before it blew off the roof and got ran over by the semi behind him.LOL

sorry man but if you think modifying our trucks is stupid and talking about it over the internet why did you come here and put the effort to sign up??????? J/W
    1997 C1500 extended cab, 4/6drop, helper bags almost to low.
    2 15mtx 8500s behind my head.

well buddy if youre running dual exhaust good luck getting going when hauling shit cause you got virtually no low end torque. if you do an exhuast rite you can get better gas mileage. . id say dual exhaust is jsut as bad as a straight pipe cause the cold air is creeping up your pipe alll the time. and a 2.5 inch exhaust with a flowmaster sounds good IMO and the only reason for having 3" pipe is if you turbo/super charge it.i dont know about you but i dotn want a truck that will sound tite and sound like a pile of shit. i dont see how dual exhaust really has anything to do with looks on a car and if think so jsut get a single muffler dual 2.25" exhaust and put a big tip on it. i would much rather have a car that performed and looked good then sound good. my 2 cents.

I wanted dual exhaust on 1992 4.3 4x4 and I was told it couldn't be done. I have skidplates all over the underside, and a particularly large one around the fuel tank. It's in the way.:(

bass is a addiction! addiction2bass's Avatar
    nothing a saw zaw couldnt fix.......... ;)
    1997 C1500 extended cab, 4/6drop, helper bags almost to low.
    2 15mtx 8500s behind my head.

The Blazin low of Roanoke
    Man i made my own exhaust i cut the stock "headers" or whatever you want to call them and ran my own 3in pipes all the way back into Magnaflex mufflers. It has set off this guys mustang alram system. it isn't loud but when you put your foot in it it has a deep rumble sound and when it idles man its a beutiful sound.
    Slammed 94 Blazer

i have a glasspack and just took off the stock piping behind it. i went over the axel then made a custom y-pipe and came out the rear dualed. heres what it looks like
    http://www.oznium.com/gallery/photos...name-gmc-jimmy
    http://www.oznium.com/gallery/photos...name-gmc-jimmy
    jimmy pimpin

hey i have a problem with my truck back firing alot... i have a glass pack cherry bomb on it and just 2 inch pipe... is there any cheap way 2 fix it 2 make it stop back firing? thanx
    -Travis-

I had my exhaust done at a local shop in Merrill. It cost me about $146. There is a y-pipe off of the cat and two slash-cut tips angled out the back, no mufflers. It sounds surprisingly good for a 4.3, I wasn't expecting it to sound as good as it does. It was a dirt cheap exhaust job, and it hits my leaf springs if i'm loaded down, but it works and sounds good. Take a look at my cardomain page to see the angled tips.
    Brad's Blazer

i have a 3" exhaust with a v force muffler on my 350 and its has the nicest sound over 2000rpm ...... and i did gain a few horse over my stock exhaust it cost me $450 cdn.....
    '82 slammed orange S10 with a 350 bored .030 , flat top pistons , camshaft with 214 in 224 exh @.050 and .454 lift ,holley street dominator intake ,holley 4 bbl 650 cfm carb...$4000obo

1996 k1500 350 tbi 4wd singlecab shortbox 3" lift 31"goodyear mt's $6000obo

1997 zr580 efi 2"x136"track stock mint condition w/reverse $3000obo