Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dual exhaust

bass is a addiction! addiction2bass's Avatar
    you got straight pipes. well youll have a ticket preaty soon for that!!!! thats just stupid..... thiers a diference from deep loud sound to ghetto riped off pipes! i hope you at least put extensions on the pipes to get the exaust fumes away from the car? if not you could easily kill yourself with your windows up going thru drive thru! but hey its your car ill just tell you ITS NOT A GOOD THING. you dont even realize how many people laugh at your stupid @ss for not having a muffler.

and at summit they have a borla exaust direct bolt on for $369.95. thats what i think im gonna get. how do you guys think that would sound over the flowmaster? id rather just chop off the factory muffler and weld a new one in and cut the rear pipe and extend it straight back. i hate that to the partial side crap from factory. and i want a good tip but nothing extreme or tackie looking
    1997 C1500 extended cab, 4/6drop, helper bags almost to low.
    2 15mtx 8500s behind my head.

96 4X4 under construction BLAZIN_D's Avatar
    do you need to remove the spare tire to install the dull exaust
    dustinbakerse: well it turns out...the bolt for the battery termanel was stripped and had a bad connection into the battery.......hummmmm...$300 part or a $2 part...very easy fix and truck is running fine now...lol
    dustinbakerse: the hardest part was getting the bolt out of the battery
    Boiky83: haha funny how things like that happened
    dustinbakerse: isnt it though
    Boiky83: like when you stick in a girls pooper
    Boiky83: and you say to her i swear baby it was dark i couldnt see

Dustin

most likely. i removed mine to put a neon on the back. i simply got a tire plug kit and tire pump in the back. and if its a side blow out i got a cell phone in the glove box to make a call to a friend or AAA if close enough to a tire place. so far ive had 2flat tires and fixed them on the side of the road myself. they where just nails and was easily fixed and inflated in 10 min. also a small bottle water and baby shampo to find the air leak. just put some air in the tire and put the mixture over to find the leak which will be blowing bubles.LOL

you dont need that spare tire 90% of the time. unless you do some realy ruff driving out in the rocky fields.LOL
    but i got a big ass subwoofer box in my car so no room for that spare tire inside. unless i build the box alot higher and make a custom encloser for it to slide into.

96 4X4 under construction BLAZIN_D's Avatar
    yeah i have 3 12's in the back of mine so i really cant put mine in the back either.... but thanks.....i got about 3 1/2" tips and a single in dual out 40 series flowmaster....how do you think that will sound on the 4.3 vortec??
    dustinbakerse: well it turns out...the bolt for the battery termanel was stripped and had a bad connection into the battery.......hummmmm...$300 part or a $2 part...very easy fix and truck is running fine now...lol
    dustinbakerse: the hardest part was getting the bolt out of the battery
    Boiky83: haha funny how things like that happened
    dustinbakerse: isnt it though
    Boiky83: like when you stick in a girls pooper
    Boiky83: and you say to her i swear baby it was dark i couldnt see

Dustin

i wish i knew what would change my sound to realy deep but not too loud..... but if i stomp on the gas id like it to be loud. :) tho i just want a single tip all the way back....

lol it can set of car alarms........., so can mine! with stock 70$turbo mufflers at 650 rpm.
    RUN WITH SIZZORS!!!, I DO!!!

94 sonoma ext cab daily

86 blaze 2 dr 2wd ... v8 and layd on 18's

what do you think about borolas exaust kits?

Originally posted by addiction2bass
    what do you think about borolas exaust kits?
    The only good sounding Borla exhaust I have ever heard is on mustangs. Borla on GM vehicles sounds like ass.
    '87 Jimmy, Caddy Deville tail lights, frenched lic plate, smoothie steel rollpan, phantom grill, 425 HP V8 conversion in the process and all the goodies to go with it
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/ogg2001

dang. thats the only kit ive seen for my 96 jimmy 4.3 engine. i want to replace mine ASAP but not sure what to buy that would sound deep but not to teribly loud.

what model flowmaster would you recomend for a 4.3 motor

i think borla is very expensive to put on a 4.3 which is going to sound like crap more than likely anyway so i just stuck with the cheap muffler here is a pic
    1997 Blazer LS 4x4, 18 In. Boss Motorsport 303 Wheels, Toyo Proxie S/T Tires, Dual Exhaust, No Cat, Descreened MAF, Underglow, Future Mods: Goomark Hood, CAI, Hypertech, and alot of other goodies...

addiction2bass is dumb

the only stupid @SS IS YOU! Do u really think putting $370 under a car is worth it and then still have a quiet slow @ss blazer? I don't think so. And I'm pretty sure with my pipes going strait out the back that I never get any fumes close to the front of my car. WHAt DO YOU THINK STRAIT PIPES ARE? JUST A CAT? YOUR DUMB!

Re: addiction2bass is dumb

Originally posted by low97
    the only stupid @SS IS YOU! Do u really think putting $370 under a car is worth it and then still have a quiet slow @ss blazer? I don't think so. And I'm pretty sure with my pipes going strait out the back that I never get any fumes close to the front of my car. WHAt DO YOU THINK STRAIT PIPES ARE? JUST A CAT? YOUR DUMB!
    you said straight pipes. that typicaly means you have a straight pipe from the manifolds to the tip!
    and for the kit id rather pay that much and be able to preaty much bolt it up. not alot of welding!
    so how is your exaust system then? alls you said was straight pipes........ that doesnt say much..... try explaining more than coming out with your a dumb @ss!
    not sure if im corect or not but your under 18 arent you? that would explain alot! and alot of cars/trucks motors need alittle back pressure to run properly. so you cann just cut everything off and have it screaming loud.
    SO WHAT DO YOU HAVE? IS ALL YOU KNOW IS THAT YOUR TAIL PIPE COMES OUTTA THE REAR INSTEAD OF SIDE? explain more. you wont sound so stupid.........

Originally posted by blazin97LS
    i think borla is very expensive to put on a 4.3 which is going to sound like crap more than likely anyway so i just stuck with the cheap muffler here is a pic
    how do you have those pipes ran? j/w can you get a picture of under the truck to show me?

and i ended up buying a flowmaster 40 delta series mufffler. i should get it mid next week. and im gonna go to a local muffler shop where my dad knows the owner, and ill get some new pipes made that are 3inch pipe and then look for a good chrome extenson later on. i just hope its not to hot out while working under the car out in my shop. that welder gets preaty hot if you know what i mean.LOL and i gotta use my dads stick welder since i let my couson borow my wire welder and well hes still using that on his frame repair. just gotta be more careful not to burn thru the pipe

yea they are custom bent around my tire and so forth, also its a single in dual out muffler made by iron tuff
    1997 Blazer LS 4x4, 18 In. Boss Motorsport 303 Wheels, Toyo Proxie S/T Tires, Dual Exhaust, No Cat, Descreened MAF, Underglow, Future Mods: Goomark Hood, CAI, Hypertech, and alot of other goodies...

o i sure dont have to mess with the spare tire. i took that out to put my neons up under thier to keep the bulbs outta sight! and i replaced that spare with a tire patch kit and tire pumpand a small bottle of water and baby shampo to find the hole. its a old pump but works enough to fill the tire up to get it to a gas station to top off. ive already used 2 of the patches in the first month of owning this truck.LOL dang scews and nails..... and if its a side wall blow out i got the cell phone in the glove box always charged up for emergencies.