Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOW do you adjust this TV cable on a 700R4?

Question HOW do you adjust this TV cable on a 700R4?

I had just put on a Poweraid TB spacer the other day now my trans is acting all jacked up. I was told you may have to adjust the TV Cable and the Throttle Cable.

I had put this on a 4.3TBI motor with a 700r4, does anyone know how to adjust this? All the posts I have seen in the search are just about people stating you need to adjust it. But no how to.

look at the cable where it goes into the bracket,you will see a metal clip.you push down on it to adjust it.another way to do it is open the throddle all the way up and you should hear a click.if it is to loose or to tight then it will not shift right.the spacer you put on is about a inch taller and sounds like the cable is to tight.check it and let me know
    Originally posted by Tony SS 350
    back to being the dick head you all have come to know and love.

www.myspace.com/bigbadrat

Took a few minutes to figure out how it worked, but adjusted it and I have my kickdown back. :) I was real sluggish before. :(

Thanks for the help.

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    I cant seem to figure this out. I think this is whats causing my tranny problems. On mine there is a plastic clip at the end of the cable and that clip hooks to the carb. How am I supposed to adjust this one? If it helps, mine is an 85' 2.8 4x4.
    Good Bye Blazer

look at the bracket that the cable goes thru.where it clips in you will see a metal tab on the plastic part of the cable.you push down on it and you can move the cable in or out.you can make it shift harder or real soft depending on how you want it.if you want i can try taking a picture of it.let me know
    Originally posted by Tony SS 350
    back to being the dick head you all have come to know and love.

www.myspace.com/bigbadrat

TV CABLE ADJUSTMENT push cable in, next. go inside and stomp pedal to floor as hard as possible. this will put cable to proper setting.
    84 xCab S-15. No longer ugly but still quick

Originally posted by billp
    TV CABLE ADJUSTMENT push cable in, next. go inside and stomp pedal to floor as hard as possible. this will put cable to proper setting.
    Chiltons says to do it by hand up on the TB...

Its kind of hard to see the Tab but its on the black thing that is attached to the cable right behind the bracket, closer to the firewall, it's on towards the center of the car so its hard to see from the driverside unless you got some long ass arms like me.

Push in the metal tab and pull the throttle open, this will show you what part needs to move when it is going to adjust. Now push the tab in again, push the piece that slides all the way back towards the firewall until it stops. Then either open the throttle via the gas pedal or up under the hood on the TB.

I guess I will make a how to one of these days.

if your cable is a non ajustable a tie rap on the end piece works great.
    GOOBA

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    ok Im stupid guys, can you please get me some pics.
    Good Bye Blazer

88Blazer
    I'm with Trigga187 , Some pic would help alot.

88Blazer
    Anyone got a pic to help us out?

still waiting for those pictures
    89 2dr Blazer
    -Engine- K&N FIPK, Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, 700r4 w/ Corevette Servo and Stage 2 shift kit.
    -Exterior- Updated Chrome Grill, H4 Headlight kit, Clear Corners, Clear Bumper Lights, Euro's, Belltech 3/4, Eagle Alloys type 218 wrapped in BFG Rubber
    -Interior/Beats- !Coming Soon!

here is a generic pic from the syty's but should work for you too I think. If you need better pics let me know, I will go out and snap some on my truck tomorrow

1993 GMC Typhoon
    1988 Blazer Bagged and Draggin SOLD
    2005 STi
    "No mods required, nuff said."

when i pull that is that suppose to pull my accelerator?
    89 2dr Blazer
    -Engine- K&N FIPK, Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, 700r4 w/ Corevette Servo and Stage 2 shift kit.
    -Exterior- Updated Chrome Grill, H4 Headlight kit, Clear Corners, Clear Bumper Lights, Euro's, Belltech 3/4, Eagle Alloys type 218 wrapped in BFG Rubber
    -Interior/Beats- !Coming Soon!

just push in the tab and hold it. go WOT and let go of the button. the looser the cable the faster the shift. the tighter the cable the longer it will take to shift.just like in the pic typhoon posted. take the air cleaner off to get a better view of thing.
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD