Thread: !?!?!?!?!restriction!?!?!?!?!

Exclamation !?!?!?!?!restriction!?!?!?!?!

Once the car is lowered using the proper blocks from auto-zone (i got them) and the proper springs for the front (not yet). What will be my restrictions?

Currently i have a stock blazer nothing much modifyed. I drive over shit and go through grass and run over speed bumps with no worry of bottoming out you know the typical thing u can do with a truck.

Will i have to get a front end alignment... will i need anything for the rear ? will i still be able to drive like normal with no worries? what are things i need to know about lowering my car? and what are some things to worry about or watch after its done?

Minitrucker Driving Honda CustomLowz's Avatar

Re: !?!?!?!?!restriction!?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by Lurker_bob
    Once the car is lowered using the proper blocks from auto-zone (i got them) and the proper springs for the front (not yet). What will be my restrictions?

Currently i have a stock blazer nothing much modifyed. I drive over shit and go through grass and run over speed bumps with no worry of bottoming out you know the typical thing u can do with a truck.

Will i have to get a front end alignment... will i need anything for the rear ? will i still be able to drive like normal with no worries? what are things i need to know about lowering my car? and what are some things to worry about or watch after its done?
    I dont know what it will be like for your truck, but when I lowered my car, I started to drive differently. You gotta take bumps slow, slow down for holes in the road, and take driveways and angled driveways at an angle. I guess being a few inches off the ground has its price.

hardtymes
    gotta make sacrifices to be a minitrucker.

wckdstylz...
    Men do what they want Boyz do what they can.......

Yes, you will need an allignment, yes it handles alot differently yes bumps ARE a pain in the ass.
    COP- "Kid, your speech is sluring badly, have you been drinking?" KID- "Occifer, your eyes are glazed, you been eatin' doughnuts?"

How Low you going. My '85 long bed PU lowered 2" front and rear with cut springs (Ididn't do it) and big speed bumps might be a problem. I've only hit a couple of times where they tore up the street where I live. but other than that I don't drive much different than normal.
    Gotta get rid of these left over 95 Camaro parts. Need doors???

The first 2" of your front drop should be done with spindles. Spindles do not change the geometry, springs do.

If you do spindles you can get away without doing an alignment
    this is a test of the sig

what is better ? spindles or springs? or could i do both. If i was gunna do it pro style what do i need to ne and how much should i pay for parts and where can i pick em up and what brands ?

With only a 2" drop, spindles are better. You loose no ride quality, or suspension travel.

You can use both. Using a set of drop coils with the drop spindles will drop the truck more.

Aftermarket drop coils come in 1, 2 or 3" drops. With the spindles, you will have a 3, 4 or 5" drop. Depends what you want.

Bell tech is a fav brand of most. Used by many, trusted by most.

Depending on how much you lower it, you will have to change your driving hapits. If you wanna beat on the suspension, I wouln'dt go any lower than a 3" drop up front. With spindles and 1" spring.

When you lower it, depending on how old the stuff is, I'd replace the ball joints, and any worn suspension parts. I've had my truck slammed for 2 years, and I pulled mine out again. I had them replaced when I first lowered it. Im replacing the spindles, and 2 of them are bad again.

Lowering adds extra wear on parts like that. Small price to pay to the truckin gods.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.