Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: engine size

Thanks for the help!
    Drive fast, Live good, Die happy!
    :bigthumb:
    Hot Rod

Originally posted by Tony SS 350
    also, a 400 ford is a small block. There might be a big block too, but I know there is a small block 400 from ford.
    Ford did not make a 400 small block. Ford only made a 400 big block that came out in the 3/4 ton Ford trucks in the early to late 70's. The 400 big block Ford is known for torque not horse power. The 400 big block did not make it to the track like the big block 460 did. Ford even had a 427 sock(segma racing curcuit) motor that was all out race (69 Mach I). Tony, not being a know it all, just trying to help out. O, by the way, I got a nasty ford hauling azz picture for you....lol....(enjoy). If you want, you can copy it and put it in your shop. Baaaaaahhhhaaaa....lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Talking I knew it!

I knew that Ford made a Big Block 400 and not a Small Block 400. I just didnt want to argue with anyone since Im a fairly new member. My dad is a BIG Ford man. He knows all the Ford motors.:gunfire:
    Hot Rod

Originally posted by THOTRODR
    I just didnt want to argue with anyone since Im a fairly new member.
    A tackful way is to send a polite private message(PM), this gives the original poster the chance to edit it. Most Blazin low members will edit misinformation in their posts.

You should add the ability for us to PM you to your profile. I would have PM'd this suggestion to you if I could have.

by taking a 350 block with a 400 crank is not the only way to make a 383 stroker you can also take a 400 block bore it 30 over and destroke which in turn gives you a 383 stroker which is also much stronger and more dependible

Thanks. Also I still dont know alot about this site yet. I just kinda found it while on a search ingine and saw the V8 swap section and filled out the form. I like this site. I like the info I get. I will take any info about the site to.:blazer:
    Hot Rod

I enabled my PM.
    :)
    Hot Rod

Originally posted by 307s-10
    by taking a 350 block with a 400 crank is not the only way to make a 383 stroker you can also take a 400 block bore it 30 over and destroke which in turn gives you a 383 stroker which is also much stronger and more dependible
    I have to dissagree. I do not think a 400 2 bolt main is any stronger than a 350 4 bolt.(Im told the 400 2 bolt is usually stronger than the 4 bolt)

You also need to use bearing spacers to make the 377/383 destroker. I wouldn't run a destroked motor for the street or strip. If your gonna do the work to make a 400 block strong, and dependable, keep those extra cubic inches, or even stroke that.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

having raced both a 377 and a 383... IMO it still all comes down to the heads and cam.

At the time I built the 377, forged cranks for a 400/383 cost like a bitch and I had a 400 with a bad rod knock from an old station wagon, a fresh 10/10 350 steel crank and some LT1 pink rods and thought it would be cool to be different. Sooooo, a couple crank spacers and a set of pistons later, I've had 20 more cubes than everyone else.

I had the nash 5 speed and with 5.13's in my 73 nova and a two stage compucar nitrous kit so, a quick revving motor appealed to me. It didn't stay in first very long!.

YENKO68 - thanks, one of my co workers just bought a new 4x4 ranger and I showed that I had found the new ford ad that convinced him to trade in his mustang for more "payload".

Talking soaking it up

Im just soaking up all the info. By the way, what is IMO again, I forgot?
    :rofl:
    Hot Rod

In My Opinion

your turn to help me...... what is w3rd?

i know its related to "word" or wurd" meaning ....... how true
    Last edited by bigjsp; 04-17-2003 at 11:39 PM.

Unhappy

I havnt seen that one yet.
    Hot Rod

Originally posted by bigjsp
    I had the nash 5 speed and with 5.13's in my 73 nova and a two stage compucar nitrous kit so, a quick revving motor appealed to me. It didn't stay in first very long!.

YENKO68 - thanks, one of my co workers just bought a new 4x4 ranger and I showed that I had found the new ford ad that convinced him to trade in his mustang for more "payload".
    Hope he enjoyed that picture. I had to throw it at someone and it ended up being at Tony. Tony, why havn't you replyed? Can't take your eye's off of it can you?(j/k) :rofl: :smoker:

Huuum...doug nash 5 spd and 5.13 gears, doesn't that make it a four speed then or even a three speed? Can't pull fifth gear anyways. Get what I'm getting at? 5.13 and 3.23 first gear...lol. I had a Richmond 5 spd and 4.11 gears and I hated first gear. Seemed like as soon as I let out of the clutch, I had to pulled second gears...lol. That Richmond was the $h!t for the track but sucked azz for cruising. That transmission was pro-shifted and it was hard as hell to down shift in traffic. I loved racing that transmission but hated it with a passion for cruising. Pro-shifted transmissions suck azz in my book of ethic's.
    ISRA# 18696

CMA

Question

Does the 383 have any cooling problems? If so, how do I erase the cooling issues?
    :evil:
    Hot Rod

yenko that was fuckin nasty.
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    :rolleyes:

Ba - bup - pa pa da dang ga dang dang yi dip ti ta dip - blue moon

shoo be do wop!

Just picture your grandparents "bumping uglies" in the back seat of a 57 chevy