Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More of my dropped 4x4 pics

yea if i had my way id like to put that bell tech 4x4 kit out of business...whatta rip off

Originally posted by Audiodogg
    Next dry day...oh MOO your so funny. It's spring time and Summer, we get rain here in the Lower Mainland, remember. You and V8 should come out to our April 19th meet at around 1pm at A&W on 200th. Wouldn't mind checking out your suspension setup up front. Though about doing it to the '98 but it's going up for sale sometime soon probably, so can't do it.

Nate
    April 19.. k I'll try and remember it
    I always seem to forget about meet though hah
    I'll get Tom (V8envy) to come too, our trucks look indential almost (same color, same stock front end, his is s10 and mine is a blazer)
    My car is going into a show on saturday though, but I dont think I'll have to be there cause I'm entering for the shop so they'll have someone watch it at the show for me, so I should be able to bring the turck out no problem :cool:

That Honda in your garage or a different car?

Is his S a 4x4 also, or 2wd...?

Nate

Yea it's a Honda (Acura, but badged a honda) Integra in the garage, it's my "race kaa"
    and my truck is a 4x4, v8 envy's is a 2wd

Last edited by Moo Man; 04-15-2003 at 09:53 PM.

CLonInG IN ProgReSS (ha) JuStBlAzIN's Avatar
    okay man that pic did not load
    "Fords are like tampons, every pussy has one!"

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

where did u get the blocks from and what size rubber is on that badboy ;)
    1989 blaze 4.3
    bone ass stock
    gonna be slammed soon

They look good beside each other. IF you guys are able to make it out on Sat, then we'll finally have some 1st Gen. Most of the trucks are 2nd Gen with only 3-4 members having 1st Gens.

Nate

I bought the blocks from Mopac for $30cad
    And I'm running 235/60/15 in the back and 215/55/15 in the front I need to get 60series rubbers in the front also so I can use 4wd again, or when I put in the awd transfercase and such, or I might just pick up some 17inches with new rubbers, can't find any used one that I like yet though

Ok I gotta 88 S-10 Blazer 4x4 and I want to lower it, I was going to do the "torsion bar trick" but decided againt it because I dont want my ride quality to suffer so I am on the verge of buying the 4x4 Belltech kit #3914 and the Nitro drop shocks #7203 & 7503. Anyway my question is......

Have any of you used this 4x4 lowering kit? Does it look good? I mean I might just save the money I got for my tax return and try to sell my 4x4 and get a 2 wheel drive and lower that.

But Im just not sure, I dont want to spend a grip of cash on my 4x4 lower when a 2 wheel is easier and better to lower anyway.

Please let me know what you think and if any of you have 4x4 that you have lowered, please let me see some pics, so I can get an idea of how a 3'' drop will look on a 4x4.

Thanks and Blaze on!!
    :blazer:88 S-10 4x4:blazer:
    ==Muscle==
    4.3 V6 W/ FlowMaster Exhaust and K&N Intake
    ==Power==
    Pionner Premier DEH-P740MP
    Duel RockFord Fosgate Punch 250.a2
    ==Boom Boomz==
    Duel RockFord Fosgate 12" DVC
    :blazer:Blaze it up!:blazer:

My biggest consern is that I wont like the 3" lower from the $700American Belltech kit.
    ==Muscle==
    ==Power==
    ==Boom Boomz==

Personally I think the belltech kit is a little too pricey for what it is (shorter bumpstops, leaves, and a pair of torsion keys)
    You can have the bumpstops trimmed yourself
    for leaves I just took out one leaf on each side
    and torsion keys, I used the stock ones and modified my crossmemeber to have the torsion key come down lower
    all I paid for $30cad for 3" lowering blocks for the rear
    and you can see how much of a drop I got outta my 4x4 for $30bucks if you could do most of the trimming yourself
    the thing is though, my body is still sitting kinda high, since it's a 4x4, I might be doing a bodydrop soon, but I heard that's pricey (haven't gotten it priced out yet, but that's just what I heard)
    my other concern is I'm planning on dropping a 383stroker v8 in it, I am not too sure if the hood would come down too low to hit the top of the engine once I do the swap, anyone have any idea?
    but yea if you want to have your truck absolutely canned, go with the 2wd, since the body sits lower than the 4x4's

Ya i know that the 2wd is better for going low, but since i already got the 4x4 I may wanna just stay with it.

I think I need to get a little more information on the crossmember mod to make the keys sit lower but I still dont know what to do in the rear. If I take out a leaf wont that make it ride stiff, amd do the 3" blocks go back there?

I have NEVER messed with any suspension before so I am in uncharted territory and kinda scared to do it and mess up my ride!!
    Dont wanna pay a grip to get it fixed!!
    ==Muscle==
    ==Power==
    ==Boom Boomz==

Ya i know that the 2wd is better for going low, but since i already got the 4x4 I may wanna just stay with it.
    That's what I did, couldn't sell the 4x4, so I kept it and lowered it instead, I'm happy with it so far

I think I need to get a little more information on the crossmember mod to make the keys sit lower but I still dont know what to do in the rear. If I take out a leaf wont that make it ride stiff, amd do the 3" blocks go back there?

http://pr1mo360.tripod.com/blazer/id8.html
    all the info you'll need on the crossmemeber mod
    for the rear, you can fit 3"blocks in the back, cause that's what I did, and it still rides pretty good with 1leaf out each side, just make sure to trim the bump stops too.

yeah thats what im doing, i have the 4x4, so why not stick with it
    86 S10Blazer, Project truck
    Bagged, Bodydropped 4 3/4", Shaved Clean

current title:
    I dropped the holes for the blocks in my last 4x4, worked pretty good xcept that I couldn't put the bolts back in cause they hung down out of the xmember & I kept bashing them off. I just ended up leaving the bolts out- no biggie but if you ever want to hike up the front a little bit on the fly you're SOL ~~ that is unless you keep them in the glovebox.

I'm definitely grounding my frame with this one and might even end up doing a body drop, gotta get the front wheels to clear the fenders first...

:rolleyes:
    at the end of a hard day, i just wanna kick back and smoke some crack.