Thread: More of my dropped 4x4 pics

CLonInG IN ProgReSS (ha) JuStBlAzIN's Avatar
    mr 28 what part of cali are u from? i can help you out with your drop
    "Fords are like tampons, every pussy has one!"

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

Mr. Motor
    In between Santa Cruz and San Francisco so basically San Jose

do u know where burlingame is? i am right next to the SF air port.

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

Mr 2.8: 4x4's don't have spindles and the camber and alignment, well I don't know how that works with them.

Moo have you had your's aligned or what?? That was the other question I forgot to ask. You don't use camber kits on S-series vehicles (blazers/S10s) Those are usually for cars more than our trucks at least from what I've seen.

I took the T-bolts out of both Jimmy's today to see the difference and I got about 2" from both of the Jimmy's, but the '98 is still lower than the '91, don't know what, the tires are about the same height, just different suspension setups yet similar...??

So how long does it take to do the T-bar trick? I'm hoping to do it maybe this weekend, but I need to go get some 3" blocks, but I already have airbags out back, so I'm going to see how I can make it work that I have the bag's lifting the rear or dropping it. They are helper bags but still real Firestone 2500s I believe.

Nate

what kit are u using in the back audiodogg???

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

The Jimmy came with Riderite Airbags out back so it's give it 2" of lift to compensate for towing heavy trailers. But I want to put 3" blocks out back with a couple inches down on the leafs, but the leafs are already flat and the bags block me from using blocks, at least it looks that way. So I'm going to draw it out on paper and then start thinking about how I can use those airbags to actually get some lift and drop from them. Just means when I get a complete airbag system I may only need 2 front bag's...lol

No compressor though, it just has air hose run and hooked up to the bumper where I can put air in, but I let it all out today cuz the ride was pretty stiff, and with the T-bars out my ass was in the air.

Nate

current title:
    Originally posted by Mr. 2.8
    If you drop a first generation 4x4 Blaze 3 inches do you need different spindles or can those cam adjustments compensate for all that negative camber?
    spin... dles...?? what are these spin... dles... that you speak of?
    - j/k ;)

Audiodogg- I know different years and models come with different adjusters, might be why your trucks sit different. If they have different adjusters they should end up at different heights when they're bottomed out on the blocks. (?)maybe
    IIFF you wanted a big project to try just out of curiousity, you could pull the adjusters out of both trucks & swap them then see which one sits where...

:ugh:
    at the end of a hard day, i just wanna kick back and smoke some crack.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    2nd gens sit lower, even on 2wd trucks

Mr. Motor
    Yea I know were Burlingame is I use to work in South San Francisco.
    Spindles / knuckles for all you Master Tecs out there. The part that connects the upper control arm to th lower control arm. That the hub connects too.
    If any of you know about how an alignment is done you would know on your truck (and all S-10) came with cams that adjust Caster/Camber. The same thing goes with 4x4 and 2wd its the same adjustment no different. Now if you lower the truck to far you can't compensate for the slam because your adjustments are maxed out.
    So therefore my question is can you drop a 4x4 Blazer 3 inches and not have a tire wear issues?
    Do I need some offset bushings or some kind of "knuckle" to help the alignment issue?

current title:
    true about the adjustments being maxed out, I don't think 3" from stock should be an issue tho. I've heard of special cams with extended eccentrics that the real high lifted 4x4 guys use- same adjustment max-out issue with extreme lifting too (I guess- I wouldn't know ;) ). Maybe ask around some of the liifted boards...? Or you could do what I'm in the process of attempting and narrow your lower arms...
    at the end of a hard day, i just wanna kick back and smoke some crack.

I thought you were talking about camber kits that shops sell...but yeah I know what your talking about now...lol

Mines now dropped almost 3" up front, just needed to drive it some, and came out of work and it's lowered again by itself up front. I thought about switch the stuff around on the 2 trucks, but they are both daily drivers so I wont bother. I'd like to do the T-bar trick this coming weekend though, even though I'm on stock rims with over sized tires..lol

But then comes the block issue out back with my bag's..good thing I just remember, better go figure that out.

Nate

So Mooman, you just enlarged the hole that holds the key? You didn't flip them around, or what did you do? I'm stuck on it right now cuz I don't have the tools. I have the rear done but now I need my front lowered about 4" to make it right on my big 245/70/15 tires..lol

Nate

yeah Moo did you just drill out the Key Holes farther down to make a better ride?? Plus have you taken your Blaze into getting Aligned? heard tire wear is huge from T-Bar Trick.

massive i wil need tires in bout a month. i have had my drop for bout a month now.

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

Yea I just drilled the holes to enlarge it
    Didn't flip the keys
    it rides like ass right now cause all 4 of my shocks are blown, but I have some nitro's to put in it (just a pain in the ass to do it myself so I'm still looking for someone to do it for me, I couldn't get at the top nuts in the rear, so I just gave up)
    and no I havent gotten an alignment yet since I dropped it (lazy)