Thread: Sunroof

Shlurgen!

Sunroof

I was thinkin about installing a manual sunroof in my blazer. My dad did it on his 92 chevy pickup, no leaks or anything, but he didnt have the over head light to worry about. I know i could easily move the light to somewhere else, but i dont know how much room i would have to play with between the headliner and the roof.
    How hard could this project be and id appreciate any tips on this, thanks
    The Yetti

- "What a tangled web we weave..."

There is a kit that you can get for S10s. It comes w/everything you need and instructions. I can't remember the web site right now but when I remember it I will type it in. If nothin else just get creative and make sure it is sealed right.
    Drive fast, Live good, Die happy!
    :blazer:
    Hot Rod

Hey I got a 96 blazer too. I got my sunroof from JC Whitney it costed about 140.00 including shipping. I've hade it for a year now and there are no leaks. Everything comes with the kit, but you'll need to get a air shear or a air nibbler to cut the roof. As far as the inside you'll have to cut your overhead console between the two lights then get some fiberglass to patch it up. Or do like me and leave like it is, Im lazy. I wouldn't recommend it on a nice paint job. You'll have to climb on the roof the cut it and might scratch or ding something. But it's nice to have open air, but you might fade out your favorite hat!

Same here.. Except I went and had someone else do it. I tryed to get him to save the console but apparently he couldnt.

Shlurgen!
    so if i was to do this myself, having never done it before, is it more or less do-able without too much trouble?
    The Yetti

- "What a tangled web we weave..."

Not really, I used a air shear and that was a little strange but I got the hang of it. You just need to plan ahead like maybe put a cover or something on top of the roof so you don't scratch anything or drop your tool. You will have fine metal shavings so its not a good idea to just wipe them off you know?