Thread: Removing Lettering Helllppp

Removing Lettering Helllppp

Hey Guys, My G/f got a good deal on a 92 with everything damn near being rebuilt or replaced because it was a factory work truck. The bad thing is its got the company lettering painted on the doors but the rest of the paint is fine cept for needing some was and buffing. Earl Schieb wants $300 to do just the doors. Any of u guys know or any chemicals that would remove the lettering or should I just sand it down and maybe attempt to repaint just the doors but might be hard to match the 92 maroon/burgundy/deep red paint. Thinking of trying my hand at the painting part. Any Suggestions for something from Eastwood or someplace would be helpful

Gil 91s10 Blazer 18x9.5 Limited 705 all around

you should just sand off the letters, shave the handles, repaint just the doors..

:)
    i had a little monkey
    i sent him to the country and i fed him on gingerbread
    along came a choo choo, knocked my monkey coo-coo
    and now my monkey's dead
    at least he looks that way, but then again don't we all?

Also regarding repainting the doors anyone knew where I can get info on the paint codes for the 92 Blazer I believe the color is Maroon but it could be Burgundy or considered Deep Red also

Depending onthe paing, a mild buffing compound might get the lettering off, just dont burn the maroon, and even at tha, you would wnat ot buff the rest of it, to avoid as much as possible having the paint under the lettering be a little different then the rest.
    2004 Xtreme

THanks Goindiffent I will try that today

1991 4x4 Blazer 18x9.5 Limited 705's

3M adhesive remover...it works magic
    Life isn't a game....but it has a playground!

Thanks Guys for the responses and ended up using a scotchbrite scuff pad wet of course like wet sanding to remove the lettering on both doors. Then followed that with some polishing compound to remover the surface scratchs left by the pad. Then followed that with a couple of Meguiars products. There cleaner and polish from there line and the doors look like they have been freshly painted. Did all this by hand but a buffer/polisher would have made the job alot quicker. Again thanks guys

Gil 91 4x4 Blazer 18x9.5 Limited 705s