Thread: How to remove the Rear and Door factory chevy labels??

Shlurgen!

How to remove the Rear and Door factory chevy labels??

I want to take off the factory labels on my car, but i dont wanna scratch the paint doing it, is there a right way to do it??
    - also how do i get the adhesive off after the label comes off??
    The Yetti

- "What a tangled web we weave..."

I recently took the long chevrolet one off the back and it looks alot better without that crap on it. All I did was just take floss and strung it through the back of it to remove it. Then when you take it off there is alot of dried up adhesive left over.. to get that crap off I went to autozone and bought 3M Tar, Wax, and Adhesive remover. It will remove the wax off the area..but you might be better off by taking a hair dryer and heating the emblem thing first then taking it off to loosen up the adhesive to make it come off easier. Then take the 3M stuff and just rub it over the dried up goo and it should come out after some scrubbin. I cannot tell there are scratches from doing it ..Just put some good wax back over where you used the 3M stuff to protect the clear coat and paint. Instead of taking the ones off the sides I just made the little gold bowtie chrome with stuff I got at autozone and it matches nice.

Shlurgen!
    Well the only reason i wanna get rid of the side emblems is because i was in an accident in december, and the new drivers side door i got didnt come with the emblem, and it looks very nice without it. So just to make things even i figured i could do the same to the side and back ones.
    The Yetti

- "What a tangled web we weave..."