Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarter Mile Time?

Read up bud. He just answered that. I belive that they also came in some older buicks and regals. Not positive about that though. Its just got a little different gear ratio from the 700R4, but its not as strong.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

I'd choose the Vortec heads. They make more power than the Corvette heads.

http://personal.clt.bellsouth.net/cl.../chp/dyno4.htm

Also try an X pipe instead of the H.

What kinda carb do you plan on using Blaz'd8717? I use a Q-Jet 800 and get 14 city 18 highway.
    Last edited by Rcv; 04-05-2002 at 05:30 AM.

Fresh paint, smooth body SmallBlocBlazer's Avatar
    My truck has a TPI motor from an 88 vette. Also installed a new cam and all the necessary parts to pull hard. Running low 14s. Truck weighs a piggish 3750 with me and quarter tank of petrol. Stock rear end, 215/60/15 tyre/rim combo, and no traction.
    As a side note to 8 mpg: if your truck is only in high 13s, low 14s with a 383, you would not even be close to your stated 375 hp. Sorry - you're either much faster or your engine is much weaker.

I looked up to see where the 200r4's actually came out of. I knew they came from like a 1986 monte carlo SS but you might be more familiar if i told you they mostly come from a buick grand national. It's a good tranny. Thats for sure. The reason I went with the 200 was because of the different gear ratio from first to second. It keeps the R's up when it shifts instead of doggen out when it hits second. The cam that I am running is a Comp cam but the lift with 1.5 Rocker arm is like .462 on the intake and .469 on the exhaust. But also keep in mind that it is a hydraulic cam. But I am going to be running 1.6 roller rockers so that might bring it up too but i don't know how high it will bring me up too???

The 200r4 is weeker that the 700r4 but with some patience and a little bit of rebuilding they can withstand about 500hp max. I know I won't have anyproblems with hp. That is what I have my dad for. He guides me on what to do. I'm in the process of learning.lol

Is that the CompCam XE 262H?? With 1.6 rockers the lift would go up to .493/.500. I have the 268H and have run a best to date of 12.6791 @ 107.29 mph.

Lightbulb lear the right engine combos

zz4, i have a dished 355 in my truck and i run 12:90's 1/4 mile with 041 gm casting 160 exh/202int , mild bowl work, 3 angle valve job. "note cast pistons, cast crank, and rods, q-jet, rpm performer q-jet manifold. A NOTHING ENGINE .I ALSO SPIN THIS MOTOR EVERYDAY 6200, COMP 262 EXTREAM GRIND , also key part of engine balanced ON A HINEZ MACHINE , not a strobe, your, LT4 383 i know vibrates your teeth out .and does not make 400 horse power "maybe desktop dyno power",my nothing engine makes on very low side 380HP .. i know you heads flow nothing like mine . one more thing i have read alot of your replys and 90% of them sound like they came out of a manual, manual readers will never have fast stuff , i'll put $1,000$ i can put a super tune on your 383 and you will be up 40 horsepower easy .... well anyway i put my two cents in !!!!!!!!!!! remember know what your talking about befor you TYPE!!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH 9:1:1 COMP RATIO ON MY 355 $1200 RUNNING ENGINE SHORT BED S10 3:73gr/locker "sometimes" 12:90"S ON BFg 245/60/R15" "OPPS AND A POWER EATER "TB400, 2000 B@M HOLESHOT

P.S. REMEMBER PPL IF YOUR HEADS DONT FLOW YOU ARE GOING BACKWARDS YOU COULD HAVE ALL THE COMPRESSION in the world,if you cant get any air to it , it will allways be a lazy pig .......... thankz

Originally posted by SmallBlocBlazer
    to 8 mpg: if your truck is only in high 13s, low 14s with a 383, you would not even be close to your stated 375 hp. Sorry - you're either much faster or your engine is much weaker.
    My truck dynoed at 380 at the flywheel. I don't know what I run quarter. I ran like a 13.1 or something on a g-tech but I dont beleive that hunk of junk. I am not really concerned with what I run quarter mile to tell you the truth. I figure If its close to 14 seconds it will be 90% of the cars around where I live. I am contemplateing about going with 3.08 gears and going top end.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Re: lear the right engine combos

Originally posted by smokeshow
    zz4, i have a dished 355 in my truck and i run 12:90's 1/4 mile with 041 gm casting 160 exh/202int , mild bowl work, 3 angle valve job. "note cast pistons, cast crank, and rods, q-jet, rpm performer q-jet manifold. A NOTHING ENGINE .I ALSO SPIN THIS MOTOR EVERYDAY 6200, COMP 262 EXTREAM GRIND , also key part of engine balanced ON A HINEZ MACHINE , not a strobe, your, LT4 383 i know vibrates your teeth out .and does not make 400 horse power "maybe desktop dyno power",my nothing engine makes on very low side 380HP .. i know you heads flow nothing like mine . one more thing i have read alot of your replys and 90% of them sound like they came out of a manual, manual readers will never have fast stuff , i'll put $1,000$ i can put a super tune on your 383 and you will be up 40 horsepower easy .... well anyway i put my two cents in !!!!!!!!!!! remember know what your talking about befor you TYPE!!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH 9:1:1 COMP RATIO ON MY 355 $1200 RUNNING ENGINE SHORT BED S10 3:73gr/locker "sometimes" 12:90"S ON BFg 245/60/R15" "OPPS AND A POWER EATER "TB400, 2000 B@M HOLESHOT

P.S. REMEMBER PPL IF YOUR HEADS DONT FLOW YOU ARE GOING BACKWARDS YOU COULD HAVE ALL THE COMPRESSION in the world,if you cant get any air to it , it will allways be a lazy pig .......... thankz
    What the hell are you talking about. I never said that I had an LT4. Or that I ever had a 383. I never said that it had 400 hp either. I've got a ZZ4 crate motor. And the specs are just about the same as what Blaz'd posted. Except, the cam he had had a little more duration. It has the same duration as the LT4 hot cam, and if it has the same lift with 1.6 RR, then it is 397 dynoed hp at the flywheel. GM has dynoed this, as well as many magazines, like Super chevy and Chevy High performance. AND as for my posts, I try to post only facts. I don't need someone posting BULLSHIT opinions leading me in the wrong direction, so why would I do it?
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

I don't know where you get 397 hp from. Did you not go to the link I posted? That engine has more and it dynoed at 355 hp.

200R4s are JUNK!!! My friend has one in his Grand National, pushing prolly a bit over 400hp, (ran 12.70 in the 1/4) He is on his 5th one, and that one just blew...he's getting the Turbo 400. And it's not the tranny guy fucking it up... this dude is good. Over 400HP and they start breaking.
    this is a test of the sig

Originally posted by Rcv
    I don't know where you get 397 hp from. Did you not go to the link I posted? That engine has more and it dynoed at 355 hp.
    The engine has more what? Its got a more duration than my cam, but I've got just a slight bit more lift of the exhuast. .480 to .510 And I"m still pushing the same amount of hp, and a few more lbs of tq.(thats with the stock L98 heads) All I simply said was that the description of his motor was similar to mine. And should yeild around 400 hp. The 397 @ 5800 is with my ZZ4, and the LT4 HOT CAM kit. Which includes cam, springs, and 1.6 roller rockers.
    Last edited by ZZ4Blazer; 04-11-2002 at 03:56 PM.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

"The baseline Test 1 in this series uses the best overall power numbers from last month's exercise. This configuration employed pocket-ported stock iron heads, a Comp Cams 268 Xtreme Energy camshaft (224/230 degrees at 0.050 with 0.477-/0.480-inch lift and a 110-degree lobe separation angle) along with an Edelbrock Performer intake, a Q-jet, stock HEI, and a set of Hooker 1-5/8-inch headers plumbed into a pair of 2-1/4-inch Hooker turbo mufflers. This established the baseline for Test 2 which tested a set of stock Corvette L98 aluminum heads from GM Performance Parts along with a set of Comp Cams 1.5:1 Magnum roller rockers. Test 3 added a taller Edelbrock Performer RPM intake along with a Holley 750-cfm carburetor. Finally, Test 4 used the same components except for pocket-porting work performed by Todd McKenzie at McKenzie's Cylinder Heads.
    The "increase" column to the far right is the difference in poeer between Test 1 and Test 3. This is the power gained from the addition of the stock aluminum heads, the Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, and the Holley 750 carburetor. The dashes in Test 1 are data tha wasn't gathered."

355 hp @ 5400 RPM 402 torque @ 3500 RPM
    Last edited by Rcv; 04-11-2002 at 10:50 PM.

zz4 "lol"

ok zz4 there you go again that crate motor only made 397hp with bowtie heads "dork " not with the smogdog heads he had . the casting #"s that probally has are 0882 "junk ". anyways go find another mag,or manual . " maybe 305 heads 58cc what a joke"

Question get some head work

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer

The engine has more what? Its got a more duration than my cam, but I've got just a slight bit more lift of the exhuast. .480 to .510 And I"m still pushing the same amount of hp, and a few more lbs of tq.(thats with the stock L98 heads) All I simply said was that the description of his motor was similar to mine. And should yeild around 400 hp. The 397 @ 5800 is with my ZZ4, and the LT4 HOT CAM kit. Which includes cam, springs, and 1.6 roller rockers.
    the only way you would make #'s like that is with $$$$ in head work L98 heads are a thing of the past .grant it they are a cheaper way to make OK POWER