Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Quarter Mile Time?

200r4 "what a joke "

Originally posted by Blazin Low
    200R4s are JUNK!!! My friend has one in his Grand National, pushing prolly a bit over 400hp, (ran 12.70 in the 1/4) He is on his 5th one, and that one just blew...he's getting the Turbo 400. And it's not the tranny guy fucking it up... this dude is good. Over 400HP and they start breaking.
    you right 200r4 are junk the problem with them are the clutch drums not fit for "c4 ford tranny ":nono:

Thumbs down dont do that

Originally posted by 8mpg

My truck dynoed at 380 at the flywheel. I don't know what I run quarter. I ran like a 13.1 or something on a g-tech but I dont beleive that hunk of junk. I am not really concerned with what I run quarter mile to tell you the truth. I figure If its close to 14 seconds it will be 90% of the cars around where I live. I am contemplateing about going with 3.08 gears and going top end.
    :nono: dont put 3.08's in your truck you will change it it will move the power more to the top and give you bog on the bottom best gear for a mild blazer 3.42/3.73/ if you want both 3or4 speed trannys what gear do you have now and is it a locker /if you do change i'll buy the rearend from you .note 4.11 would make feel like you picked up 2 pistons but at highway speed the tach would a little on the high side, but still ok go about 105,110 mph but get there like a rocketship . p.s if you 3.08 you have to have a stall converter tomake up such a tall gear. keep me posted

Re: get some head work

Originally posted by smokeshow
    the only way you would make #'s like that is with $$$$ in head work L98 heads are a thing of the past .grant it they are a cheaper way to make OK POWER
    My motors already got 355 hp. That cams is dyno test in my motor. No other work needed. 400 hp with just the HOT cam kit.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

What MPH did you have in the 1/4?

I only hit like 98 and 103 on my only 2 runs. That was also with my bad tranny. I was having some problems with it when it hit 3rd. After my second run, I lost 3rd gear on the eway on the way home. That was with my TH350. Now I've got the 5 speed back in.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

Re: Re: get some head work

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer

My motors already got 355 hp. That cams is dyno test in my motor. No other work needed. 400 hp with just the HOT cam kit.
    [/QUOTE your motor with those heads is NOT GOING TO PICK UP 45 hp WITH A CAM CHANGE, they really cant move enough air for a stock cam !! and thats a fact the only thing they have going for them is small combustion cambers gain compression but LOSE intake flow and exhaust flow and valve size . have you drove or had a ride in a L98 corvette THEY ARE PIGS "SMOGDOGS" SURE THEY PULL OK TO 50MPH AND REV 5000 IF YOUR LUCKY SURE THEY MIGHT REV HIGHER ON THE TACH BUT THERE NOT PULLING FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD, 4500 AND THERE DONE PULLING. ANYWAYS RESEARCH THAT

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/buildup/cam/

No doubt that ZZ4 has the power. Although he's not getting it all to the ground with only a 14.0 @ 103 mph. My point is that a Comp Cam XE 262 will make closer to the 355 hp than the 390+ the LT4 Hot Cam is capable of making.

Question

Originally posted by Rcv
    http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~davis/z28/buildup/cam/

No doubt that ZZ4 has the power. Although he's not getting it all to the ground with only a 14.0 @ 103 mph. My point is that a Comp Cam XE 262 will make closer to the 355 hp than the 390+ the LT4 Hot Cam is capable of making.
    maybe he should learn to have some throttle control,back pedal,roll in to it,and LT4 hot cam is a thing of the past "also that cam is not designed for a heavy car/truck,needs good gears stall speed or manual trans" comp cams has past that dinosour of a cam a long time a go."LT hot cam" that 262 grind would make tons more power with a DECENT set of heads and a 268xe/ex grind would wake it the fuck up period ........

Re: Re: Re: get some head work

[QUOTE]Originally posted by smokeshow
    Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer

[/QUOTE your motor with those heads is NOT GOING TO PICK UP 45 hp WITH A CAM CHANGE, they really cant move enough air for a stock cam !! and thats a fact the only thing they have going for them is small combustion cambers gain compression but LOSE intake flow and exhaust flow and valve size . have you drove or had a ride in a L98 corvette THEY ARE PIGS "SMOGDOGS" SURE THEY PULL OK TO 50MPH AND REV 5000 IF YOUR LUCKY SURE THEY MIGHT REV HIGHER ON THE TACH BUT THERE NOT PULLING FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN AND HEARD, 4500 AND THERE DONE PULLING. ANYWAYS RESEARCH THAT
    Im glad your more knowledgeable than the hundreds of GM techs that have built and designed the ZZ series motors. He's more proof. Option 6 is the cam/rr's only.
    http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Chev...V8s/PUZZ4.html
    And my truck pulls hard to the redline of 5800. Also has good all around performance. If I had any type of traction, I could beat almost anything off the line with such a low 1st gear. And with the 3.42's, she'll roll out on the eway. Way way past 50 mph. It'll defintily pull to the redline in each of the gears. Less 5th, I haven't wanted to push it that fast yet. I've had it to 4700 in 5th, which is about 125-130. We shut it down after that cause of traffic. You know, its one thing to know your shit, ITS ANOTHER TO KNOW MINE.
    Last edited by ZZ4Blazer; 04-13-2002 at 10:12 AM.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

Re: dont do that

Originally posted by smokeshow
    :nono: dont put 3.08's in your truck you will change it it will move the power more to the top and give you bog on the bottom best gear for a mild blazer 3.42/3.73/ if you want both 3or4 speed trannys what gear do you have now and is it a locker /if you do change i'll buy the rearend from you .note 4.11 would make feel like you picked up 2 pistons but at highway speed the tach would a little on the high side, but still ok go about 105,110 mph but get there like a rocketship . p.s if you 3.08 you have to have a stall converter tomake up such a tall gear. keep me posted
    Yeah I dont even know what exactly I am going to do. First comes rims. Then a bigger drop. THEN rearend. This wont happen for a good 5 months. If your still around, Ill let you know
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

103 mph is still kinda weak in the quarter mile for a 400 hp vehicle. At best that's like a 13.1.

I never said mine was 400 hp. I only said that cam was a 45 hp increase over stock. Now I've got 355. And Ive only made those 2 runs, and were my first ever.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

"The 397 @ 5800 is with my ZZ4, and the LT4 HOT CAM kit."

You can understand why I misinterpreted.

Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: Re: get some head work

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer

Im glad your more knowledgeable than the hundreds of GM techs that have built and designed the ZZ series motors. He's more proof. Option 6 is the cam/rr's only.
    http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Chev...V8s/PUZZ4.html
    And my truck pulls hard to the redline of 5800. Also has good all around performance. If I had any type of traction, I could beat almost anything off the line with such a low 1st gear. And with the 3.42's, she'll roll out on the eway. Way way past 50 mph. It'll defintily pull to the redline in each of the gears. Less 5th, I haven't wanted to push it that fast yet. I've had it to 4700 in 5th, which is about 125-130. We shut it down after that cause of traffic. You know, its one thing to know your shit, ITS ANOTHER TO KNOW MINE.
    ok i wont fuck you anymore but that is some funny shit i would hand you my left nut if i saw that and pull all the way there and not just be makeing a bunch of nosie and actaul going some where.i would you say you have a "SUPER FREAK" but i know positively with out a dout after 1st gear if you rev it that high i feel so sorry for your connecting rods and bearings cause all the motor is doing is hovering there, beining"freewheeled"STRECHING THE RODS.yep it happens.a 700r4 and 3:42's and heavy ass blazer3300pds and up is HEAVY with 3:42's.with your extra low 1st gear i'll give you, but you went to far with that other shit,its your dream you tell it any way you want !! one last thing and i wont fuck with you anymore ,if iam ever in OH we will meet up ok, and i will spit that zz4 L98 headed thing back to your local gm dealer or where ever you over paid for it .with a 9:1 dished 355 NOTHING engine.a good set heads and some chrome and a power eater tb400........ so write me when hear that nosie no one wants to hear on fire up.p.s hey go to the strip with your 5 speed and you might be able to run a respectable # try rolling in to it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where'd the 700R4 come from?? I said it had an extra low 1st gear with my 5 speed. I don't see any difference in weight, between a 3300 blazer, or a 3200/3300 lbs camaro. My 3.42's are stock, as well as the rear end. I don't plan on keeping the L98 heads, or that rear end. I plan on doing a T56 swap here in the near future, and that 8.5 rear with 4.10's, or 3.90's. I will be probably running a set of Trick Flow 23 degree heads, and either that LT4 cam, or one matched from TF to match those heads. My bottom end is the same as the LT1/LT4 motors. Say what you will about those.

You would hand me your left one if what happened? And you'll spit my motor? Would that mean that you'd beat me?? I'd hope so. Your currently pushing more power, have better gears, and a standard cab truck is way ligher. Not to mention all the extra weight I've got from my stereo equipt, and heavy ass 18's. I also ran with all those too.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear