Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Quarter Mile Time?

Talking ok then

Originally posted by ZZ4Blazer
    Where'd the 700R4 come from?? I said it had an extra low 1st gear with my 5 speed. I don't see any difference in weight, between a 3300 blazer, or a 3200/3300 lbs camaro. My 3.42's are stock, as well as the rear end. I don't plan on keeping the L98 heads, or that rear end. I plan on doing a T56 swap here in the near future, and that 8.5 rear with 4.10's, or 3.90's. I will be probably running a set of Trick Flow 23 degree heads, and either that LT4 cam, or one matched from TF to match those heads. My bottom end is the same as the LT1/LT4 motors. Say what you will about those.

You would hand me your left one if what happened? And you'll spit my motor? Would that mean that you'd beat me?? I'd hope so. Your currently pushing more power, have better gears, and a standard cab truck is way ligher. Not to mention all the extra weight I've got from my stereo equipt, and heavy ass 18's. I also ran with all those too.
    now that combo is more like it, now were talking . you said when you ran at the strip thats when you had 700r4 and the tranny burned up. all iam stressing is all these guys saying they make all this power with L98 heads ani't going to happen sure if there "babybottle fed" sure they have there purpose but after much more than stock conditions they dont cut it ,and a 350 355hp crate motor sells for like $3500 in that area right,i can build a sb with a honest 440 hp probally more but the toque rateings would be
    threw the roof ,toque is where its at anyway in my opioin,toque moves mass. for right at the same price .you said you had a 383 right and i have never saw a 355 hp crate motor with L98 heads.shit they could'nt feed that stroker anything more than 4500rpm and it would'nt be able to pull any more air to rev any higher not mention trying to get it out thats another problem. a 383 pulls 20% more air than a 350 there hardly suited for a 283."PERFORMANCE APPLICATIONS".now your next idea with a 6 speed 3:90'sor 4:10;s "my self i would go "4.30's but thats me remember 6th gear is like .050or or some shit like that super overdrive"23degree heads 70-100 hp right there ,flat tops you can get any size cambers you want with those bad boys ,you get 11:1 out of it with 58cc trickflows as for lower ends when i talked shit about your 383 about vibrateing is because what ever you do they allways have a vibration its allways there something about a 383 i think i know why but i would make a lot of people confused ,a intreal balanced small or big block mallory weight were acceptable with a good job done on it is bullet proof. just thoses damn 383's is allways there very faint but its there . any ways your combo with a good cam and intake manifold, big carb would be a pavement pounder and some m/t street cheaters"tires" would be a rocketship. but shitty part you run over a pebble ties are going up in smoke ,one more thing lets not start on the stereo equipt thats the best part of my truck and the pipes more money in audio than in the whole truck too much to list reg cab. 4, 12' boston's and matched mids and tweets amps rockford 1 punch 250a ,1 punch 500a,1 punch 100a, 3xpunch crossover. rockfork head unit and eq also controllable with alarm remote along with windows and doors well thats enough .........

I am the one with the 383. He has a zz4 crate 350. Hence the name zz4. My truck is pretty well balanced. Not perfect but its kinda fun watching it as it warms up to chug around in my engine bay. Impresses the rice boys, and not much does that around here other than a 1200 horsepower Supra. Or that 8 second nova that did a 100 mile and hour burnout right down town.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Right on 8. Like he said, Iv'e only a got a 350. I never said I had a stroker. Second, I also never said I had a 700R4. I had a TCI TH350 that I broke. I've got 10.1 now with those L98's and the 58's. I'm planing on CNC TF 23's with 64 cc, which should bring my compression down to like 9.4:1, or so. I'm looking to hit about 450 hp on the motor alone, with daily drivealbe charateristics, and 92 octane. Im probably going with those heads, a roller cam to replace my current one,, roller rockers, RPM Air gap manifold, moddified holley 750, underdrive pulleys,and H or X pipe. Probably more, can't think of it right now. The 6 speed will be accompanied with a centerforce DF clutch, and lightweight flywheel. The tranny isn't exactly like the camaro one, its got a little different gears. 6th is .62. And with 4.10's, I'll acutally be running 200 rpm lower than with my 5 speed and 3.42's. I was just thinking of the 3.90's for better top end. Prolly just stick with the 4.10's
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

What do you have in your engine smokeshow?

Thumbs up lol thats the truth

Originally posted by 8mpg
    I am the one with the 383. He has a zz4 crate 350. Hence the name zz4. My truck is pretty well balanced. Not perfect but its kinda fun watching it as it warms up to chug around in my engine bay. Impresses the rice boys, and not much does that around here other than a 1200 horsepower Supra. Or that 8 second nova that did a 100 mile and hour burnout right down town.
    20,000 dollars later they have 1200 hp and last one run,also fed with like 600hp shot of nos or like 30pds of boost those things are a joke.when i pull up to those kinda guys they take one look and put there head down and pull away like a grandma when they do race i play with them let them think they got me. then slam down in to the q-jet and leave them chokeing on rubber as there beating the shit out of there steering wheels ,ilove that shit.

Smile it's really a joke

Originally posted by Rcv
    What do you have in your engine smokeshow?
    it's a dished 9:1 355 zero decked,gm recon rods, arp bolts, windage tray ,"2-bolt main" ,oil restricters,smoothed over lifter valley and painted,balanced on a hinez machine,flex plate also,041 heads ,screw in studs,comp valve train,and cam,xtream energy grind ,roller rockers,adjustable push rods ,because they heads have been milled like 0.050 to try and get some compression out of it,3 angle valve job,minor bowl work,intake runners roof raised alittle bit not much,exhaust ports cleaned up minor porting,matched headers,2.02-1.60 manley valves "tulip style" combusten cambers polished like chrome,and heads are studed,not really needed though,gm points dist converted to h.e.i.,for clearance,motor is 4 inches back, firewall cut back and dog house fabed for dist to sit in under cowl plate,msd cap,rotor,and coil blaster 2.bitch to adjust the timing ,performer rpm q-jet manifold,a worked q-jet with no choke pull off,with stock air cleaner i made a daul snorkel,plumed tubes under the air damn for fresh air,be cool raditor,with no fan ,electric fan,for traffic.2000 stall tb400,motor is all gloss black,no chrome,well thats about it ,12.90-13.00,1st gear is very inconsitant."taction" on 245/60/15.

Seems that you have even more than me. I have basic 350 with stock Vortec heads, Edelbrock Performer intake manifold, Q-Jet 800, 1.5 roller rockers, CompCam XE268 retarded 4 degrees, dual snorkel air cleaner with two 4 inch ducts running from the air dam to the air cleaner, 700r4 with shift kit and 3.73 gears. Best run of 12.6791 @ 107.29 mph with 1.9057 60 ft on 275/60R15 15x7 rims Radial T/As. Weight with driver and full tank of gas 3660 lbs.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Rcv
    Seems that you have even more than me. I have basic 350 with stock Vortec heads, Edelbrock Performer intake manifold, Q-Jet 800, 1.5 roller rockers, CompCam XE268 retarded 4 degrees, dual snorkel air cleaner with two 4 inch ducts running from the air dam to the air cleaner, 700r4 with shift kit and 3.73 gears. Best run of 12.6791 @ 107.29 mph with 1.9057 60 ft on 275/60R15 15x7 rims Radial T/As. Weight with driver and full tank of gas 3660 lbs.
    YOUR CAM IS -4 WOW AND IT RUNS LIKE THAT "THATS FIRST FOR ME" FLAT TOPS,POP UPS,OR DISHED? I BET THE VORTEC HEADS HAVE LOT TO DO WITH IT THEY MAKE AWSOME TOQUE #'S ,HAVE NOT BUILT A MOTOR WITH THEM BUT HEARD NOTHING BUT GREAT STUFF ABOUT THEM OUT OF THE BOX HAS GREAT SWRIL AND PORT DESIGN

Talking

Originally posted by smokeshow
    YOUR CAM IS -4 WOW AND IT RUNS LIKE THAT "THATS FIRST FOR ME" FLAT TOPS,POP UPS,OR DISHED? I BET THE VORTEC HEADS HAVE LOT TO DO WITH IT THEY MAKE AWSOME TOQUE #'S ,HAVE NOT BUILT A MOTOR WITH THEM BUT HEARD NOTHING BUT GREAT STUFF ABOUT THEM OUT OF THE BOX HAS GREAT SWRIL AND PORT DESIGN
    MINE WEIGHS 3150 WITH DRIVER 1/4 TANK BUT WHEN I GO TO THE STRIP I PUT 2 390 FORD BIG BLOCK HEADS IN BACK OF THE BED END TO END THEY HELP ALOT IF I COULD JUST FIND A WAY TO EJECT THEM ONCE I GET ROLLING.......... LOL

Thumbs up

I HAD TO TAKE A DOUBLE TAKE THATS DAMN GOOD 1/4 TIME FOR APPLICATION AND 3660 AND NO BABY BOTTLE ! LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING RIGHT !!!!!!!!IAM GOING TO ORDER SOME VORTEC HEADS FOR A 331 I GOT GOING TOGETHER 327 .060 OVER DOME TOP MOTOR

smokeshow you seem to know your shit...what do you think of my combo, any guesses what I should run?

355 4-bolt
    TRW forged pistons 10:1 domed (.125 I believe)
    Dart Iron Eagle Heads 2.02/1.60 200cc runners milled to 69cc
    Comp Cams Xtreme Energy XR288HR Cam Hydraulic Roller

Cam Specs:
    • Lift: .520/.540
    • Duration: 236/242 @ .050"
    • Advertised Duration: 288/294
    • Lobe Separation: 110

Eagle Rods
    Steel Crank
    Crane Energizer 1.5 Roller Rockers
    Edelbrock Air-Gap Intake
    Holley 4150 750cfm double pumper
    Every bolt is ARP

700R4 with B&M Shift Kit
    10" 3000 stall converter
    3.73 gears
    this is a test of the sig

KB Hypereutectic flat top pistons with a shim that takes compression to I THINK 10.1. Runs on 93 octane and no detonation even with vacuum advance which puts the timing around 42 degrees. Full length Hooker headers with dual 2 1/2 inch exhaust that goes into an X pipe and Dynomax 17749 mufflers. Extremely quiet. Oh I'm running points to.

"traction"

Originally posted by Blazin Low
    smokeshow you seem to know your shit...what do you think of my combo, any guesses what I should run?

355 4-bolt
    TRW forged pistons 10:1 domed (.125 I believe)
    Dart Iron Eagle Heads 2.02/1.60 200cc runners milled to 69cc
    Comp Cams Xtreme Energy XR288HR Cam Hydraulic Roller

Cam Specs:
    • Lift: .520/.540
    • Duration: 236/242 @ .050"
    • Advertised Duration: 288/294
    • Lobe Separation: 110

Eagle Rods
    Steel Crank
    Crane Energizer 1.5 Roller Rockers
    Edelbrock Air-Gap Intake
    Holley 4150 750cfm double pumper
    Every bolt is ARP

700R4 with B&M Shift Kit
    10" 3000 stall converter
    3.73 gears
    :bigthumb: thats nice combo i think that cam wont work to well with a automatic i would use a xe274 i think that is the grind or 272 it's one of those,bigger is not always better i would use a weiand team g intake they make better toque i think . i would also get a windage tray cause that motor will spin and it worth like 12hp at 5500 rpm it keeps the oil deflecting off the crank ,and bottom of pistons ,less friction.big lift cams need alot of gear in heavyer conditions .still go roller though . you know you will probally have no vacum .need a canister ,if you go 288hr .get a msd ign also with a 6al box ,you have already went that far whats another$1000 bucks you know!!!and a rev kit for the valve train comp cams sell them like 85 dollars , after all that i would say a honest 450-490hp give or take a little now about a e/t thats a hard one because that bad boy is going to come unguled i would say this a "guess or roundabout number" hard one 12.50 smokeing the tires all the way down "corrected # 11.90"s-11.80"s , provideing that beast hooks up . you will need to have slicks/maybe even tubed,probally spin 6800-7200 hyd wont go futher than that they lose there pump,roller alittle more tell me what you think ppl ,desk top dyno dont count, or drag racer time thing those are a joke

smokeshow you don't think 200 cc heads are kinda big for a 350?? What about a 3000 stall on a heavy vehicle like that?

ssssssssshhhhhhhhiiiiiiiitttttttttttt

Originally posted by Rcv
    KB Hypereutectic flat top pistons with a shim that takes compression to I THINK 10.1. Runs on 93 octane and no detonation even with vacuum advance which puts the timing around 42 degrees. Full length Hooker headers with dual 2 1/2 inch exhaust that goes into an X pipe and Dynomax 17749 mufflers. Extremely quiet. Oh I'm running points to.
    well rcv you have a super freak POINTS YUCK 1950 shit. that is unbeliveable voctec heads are the shit thats all i can say ..............