Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Quarter Mile Time?

Originally posted by Rcv
    smokeshow you don't think 200 cc heads are kinda big for a 350?? What about a 3000 stall on a heavy vehicle like that?
    i think they will work with GOOD GEARS,and not such a big cam really i dont think a automatic will work because of the weight it wont have good bottom end big cams most the time for the street they dont work now m21 4 speed ,that motor combo and 4.56's - 5.13's but no fisable on the street , with the weight problem that bigdog would eat ....... and slicks

smokeshow What size jets do you use and what kinda secondary rods?

Thumbs up

in the summer i use 78-84 winter 72-76 secondary metering rods in california they have to be like needles because the air is so desence, i lived in missouri for a couple of years and the air there is so thin and muggey it was alot different never could get it right,and the fuel has 10% ethnol so you could never get good gas it has fillers and shit like that in it,i had a s10 there also jetting is close to the same metering rods they have to be blunt tipped i could not beleive the difference in power damn i hated it ...i drove back and forth alot and it never failed as soon as i would pass the welcome to california sign i would pick up 40 horse power

Originally posted by smokeshow
    i think they will work with GOOD GEARS,and not such a big cam really i dont think a automatic will work because of the weight it wont have good bottom end big cams most the time for the street they dont work now m21 4 speed ,that motor combo and 4.56's - 5.13's but no fisable on the street , with the weight problem that bigdog would eat ....... and slicks
    stall would help his application give him a better holeshot but he would burn up trannys on the highway.still it would be over camed for his application

http://personal.clt.bellsouth.net/cl...chp/gm3506.htm

Ported Vortec heads performed almost as well as TFS 23 degree heads.

Originally posted by Rcv
    http://personal.clt.bellsouth.net/cl...chp/gm3506.htm

Ported Vortec heads performed almost as well as TFS 23 degree heads.
    really , i did not know that ,how much porting ??

Originally posted by smokeshow
    really , i did not know that ,how much porting ??
    wow i just read that link, that is nuts. iam ordering a set tonight and $800 dollars thats the best bang for the buck going to summit see ya

Originally posted by Rcv
    smokeshow What size jets do you use and what kinda secondary rods?
    i use in the summer depending on the weather anywhere from 78-84 in the winter 72-76 secondary metering rods in california we use them like needles very sharp point i know some guys in missouri and there like very blunt tiped california the air is very dense there is some nights i can be up at least 30hp it feels like at least.......