Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: can't smoke my tires!

CLonInG IN ProgReSS (ha) JuStBlAzIN's Avatar

can't smoke my tires!

aight i been trying so hard to do burn outs, but i have goten no luck. i dunno what to do or what to check. can any of you blazinlow members help me out?
    "Fords are like tampons, every pussy has one!"

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

this may be a stupid question but did you try to power brake it? what kinda engine do you have? or if all else fails put a v8 in it.
    1990 S10 - Bagged - Shaved - SFBD'd

if the power brake thing is to hold the brake down and step on the gas. yes i have done it numerous amounts of time. and my boy has a truck like mine with the same engin( 10,000 miles more than min) just bigger tires sitting at stuck hight. and he can do some mad burn outs.

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

maybe ur pressin the brake down to hard?

i thought that but and as i eise of the brake, the truck starts to move forward.

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

Do you have a 2.8? You have a 4x4, so it is probally posi. I have one tire fire, and I can light them up like nothing. Try getting the rear tires wet, and if they don't start spinning, your rear brakes are probally set too strong. Your gears in the rearend may be too low of a ratio for burn outs. How do you compete in racing against trucks with the same engine? If you are much slower off the line, then your gears are probally really low.
    '87 Jimmy, Caddy Deville tail lights, frenched lic plate, smoothie steel rollpan, phantom grill, 425 HP V8 conversion in the process and all the goodies to go with it
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/ogg2001

i have a 4.3. i really need to check the codes to see the if i have a posi and to see what gears i have. i will go out and check right now. but i have noticed, i even raced my boys gts celica and i took off kew.

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

my blazer dose the sam thing on the road but on the rocks i cant stop it from spinning but i can burn when i power brake but when i come off a dirt road while im spinning it still wont burn my brothers camaro will burnout and he has a 2.8 and i have a 4.3 we both have posi
    1990 2Door blazer, dropped 2"up front 3"out back, pioneer DEH-P3600, two 15" kicker comp's, a gm-2000 200watt pioneer amp. SOON TO COME flowmasters, a lower drop, fresh paint, better subs and amps and some 17or18" rims
    :blazer:

okay i just found that i have 3:42 gears. i don't know if i have posi though. i have to open it and check.

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

i dont think thats what mine is
    1990 2Door blazer, dropped 2"up front 3"out back, pioneer DEH-P3600, two 15" kicker comp's, a gm-2000 200watt pioneer amp. SOON TO COME flowmasters, a lower drop, fresh paint, better subs and amps and some 17or18" rims
    :blazer:

Azer what G code do u have in your glove box. i can tell you what gears and and if you have posi.

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

Get nails and put them in the rear brake lines by the brake booster. Will stop pressure going to your rear brakes and leave it on the front. Common guys.. This has been done for years.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

okay explain that to me a little more. would that mean that i would have no rear brakes? would it mess up the abs?

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

Yes that would mean you would have no rear brakes, and I have no idea about the ABS....

You need me to go into futher detail about the actuall process?
    Find the steel metal break lines that go to your rear breakes. and take the nail, (you may have to cut it down to make it fit in some cases due to curveature in the line) and put it in and the nail head should block most if not all of the fluid, so there would be no pressure on the break lines going to your rear brakes.

I have done this to a couple buddies cars who went to smoke show compatitions, they were older cars and did not have ABS.... I have no experience dealing with ABS cant help ya there

Dont drive around like that thou, but I am saying if you just wanna smoke your tires...

Or you could go the expensive route and buy a line lock... But if you bought a line lock for a 2.8 blazer I would make fun of you, along with probably quite a few other people.