Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 link Q

2 link Q

ok I have all my stuff but i am trying to build a two link that is going to work well and ride nice...... I was wondering how would I make the pan hard bar.... and can I make a two link that wont need a pan hard.....

you will need a pan hard of some sort. You can do something like what SSC did with this 2 link.

Im in the same boat. Im getting ready to do the same thing, but there is no real good spot for a pan hard bar.

If you are fully notched and have the floor board cut out i would say run it on top of the axle to the side of the notch. but if your not...well good luck. cuz im still searching around on mine looking for that perfect spot.
    KAPOW!

And im also suprised no one has posted trying to get you to do a 4 link instead....

there are some nasty 2 link hater's around...
    KAPOW!

well I am planning on building it my self and I really dont want the trouble of a four link ... I like the Idea of a two link cause its for the most part bolt in ..... and if I want I can still put my leafs back on...... and i dont plan on doing side to side...... now I did look at the SSC 2 link and was wondering about that cause he said it doesnt need a pan hard is that cause the two bars are linked with the bridge show in the pic..... and I was also wondering about the notch .....I have a 94 4 door and the body mount is almost dirrectly over the axel.... so I am leary about doing a full notch..

and a nother thing would the ssc 2 link fit the blazer cuase when I spoke to him he said he didnt know

yes you def should use a panhard rod.i would put it in front of the axle from the inside of the pass side notch to as far over on the driver side axle tube as possible. i also like to put a bend in the bar for clearanc over the front of the pumpkin and curve it toward the axle tube after the pumkin. as far as the notch i did my 93 4 door and removed those two body mounts and have had no probs.
    wicked to the bone i am
    you can meet me in the dark if you think im playin 4 DOOR LOVE

sounds good to me .... i dont know about removing those body mounts ... cause i am not one to start cutting things that hold other in place..... but the pan hard bar seems like it would be no problem to put in

CLonInG IN ProgReSS (ha) JuStBlAzIN's Avatar
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by xtremer-pxl
    [B]you will need a pan hard of some sort. You can do something like what SSC did with this 2 link.
    http://cart.shoppingtechnology.com/s.../s-102-linkim.[/IMG] [QUOTE]

who sells this one?[IMG]
    "Fords are like tampons, every pussy has one!"

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

the ssc 2 link does not fit the blazer, however they are in the process of building one for the blazer.

It does not need a pan hard because the bridge is welded to the bars. it works just like a diagonal link bar. Being that the bridge is weld to BOTH links it prevents horizontal movement of the axle.

the ssc page it explains how the 2link works with out the pan hard bar. It also explains that this how this 2 link works great with larger rims sizes.

Either way you decide to go, Im sure you'll be happy with it.
    Last edited by Dragginblazer; 05-01-2003 at 12:19 AM.
    KAPOW!

Originally posted by JuStBlAzIN
    who sells this one?
    www.silverstarcustoms.com
    KAPOW!

the only thing that would not work on the ssc kit is the notch. tha bars should be the same for pup or blazer. tha bag mount would probably work on a 2 door with a little modification. thay will not work on a 4 door though.
    wicked to the bone i am
    you can meet me in the dark if you think im playin 4 DOOR LOVE

you can build a 2 link for next to nothing...

order the same end bushings that they use for $20 from them.

and then go get some 2x2" sq tubing and build one.

Probably cost you $50 atmost.

hell you could buy couple more of those bushing and build a pan hard bar if you really wanted one
    KAPOW!

you know all in all .... I would have to say that a pan hard bar is a better way to go ..... I get what SSC is trying to do .... but it just doesnt seem stable enough to be .... I want some that I am not going to have to touch after i put it in .... not some thing that is going to brake

Originally posted by 94blazin
    you know all in all .... I would have to say that a pan hard bar is a better way to go ..... I get what SSC is trying to do .... but it just doesnt seem stable enough to be .... I want some that I am not going to have to touch after i put it in .... not some thing that is going to brake
    well i said what i said. Its only good advice if you use it.

Good luck on your quest.
    KAPOW!

Have U Had Your V8 Today LOW PSI's Avatar
    A leaf spring will have more lateral support because it is mounted in both front and rear of the axle, not allowing it to "Sway" from side to side. On a 2 link you only have the front mounted to the frame. Now I did notice something, There is much less lateral movement with a 2 link if yo leave your rear sway bar attached. But that will only last until the rubber insulators that mount to the axle wear out. Remove the sway bar and see what happens. You can put it up on jack stands and kick one wheel and watch it move back and forth. I was able to mount a panhard bar from the passanger side 2 link(right in front of the axle) to the driver side frame (right behind the sway bar mount) It clears my axle only because I have opted to go with a 4" angled block. I will try and post pics tomorrow.

Also the panhard bar will not cause much side movement when airing up and down if it is mounted correctly. I think my axle moves from completely centered at ride height to fully aired out about .125" . SO that isn't too bad. Bye....
    Last edited by Dragginblazer; 05-01-2003 at 12:28 AM.