Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FINALY i got pictures of the t-bar trick.........soon to have pics of it bagged

current title:
    Originally posted by jimmy_86
    Does your 4 wheel drive still work ?
    Mine did before I pulled all my front stuff out to rebuild the front diff, get new axles and shorten the arms... but then again, my truck is AWD not 4wd :D
    at the end of a hard day, i just wanna kick back and smoke some crack.

CLonInG IN ProgReSS (ha) JuStBlAzIN's Avatar
    i wouldn't recomend u using the 4x4 stuff. because u will do some mad damnage to the front diff, or xmember. but yea i should rise it up with my sutup this weekend or so. then i will take out all the 4x4 shit or fix the boots and rebuild the shafts. and make it an awd.
    "Fords are like tampons, every pussy has one!"

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

looks bitchin :bigthumb: , ive seen 2wd rims tuck with the tbar trick done or bagged or really low, as long as the tire doesnt hit the fender under full travel you can use whatever fits, the negative camber is fun....i loved tearing threw corners and high speed lane changes when mine was like that....i got used to the ride only thing is tires are expensive but the truck looks awesome emery!

my truck is AWD not 4wd

how the hell did u do that?

You put in a Astro AWD transfer case in place of the 4x4 trasnfer case but I'm not too sure if there's any thing else to it. I forget.

Nate

current title:
    actually mine's a safari van case. Same case, just different rear output spline count and front output flange. You need a different trans xmember and trans to t-case adapter to do the awd swap. And you need the 1pc front pass. side inner axle instead of the stock 4wd setup with all the shifter dealies in there. Also the awd cases are all VSS not cable drive speedo so if you have an older 1st gen you're SOL for a speedo. I was trying to come up with some sort of adapter for awhile but couldn't come up with a good enuff design...
    The nice thing about the awd van cases is you can use your stock rear driveshaft if you have the 27-spline setup like most older 1st gens do. The Sys/Tys/Bravadas and early 2nd gen awd trucks all have 32-spline rear output shafts off the t-case. So otherwise you have to get a Typhoon rear driveshaft which runs about $2,700 from the dealer. No, that's not a typo.
    :huh: :nod:

Astro..Safari..we just have to be sooo technical don't you.. lol j/k I thought they were the same case but I guess not.

My rear bumpstops are bags cut in half, how funny is that. I couldn't get my brackets off to just take the bags out so I said what the hell, where's the damn knife..oh well only a few hundred dollars wasted, but they were in my way.

Nate

current title:
    Originally posted by Audiodogg
    Astro..Safari..we just have to be sooo technical don't you.. lol j/k I thought they were the same case but I guess not.
    ??- no no, the van cases are all the same. They're different from the Sy/Ty/Bravada cases. I have no idea why I specified 'Safari' instead of Astro...
    but yeah, mine's pretty much an astro case. I actually have a spare t-case thats out of a '93 Astro and it's the same as the one from the '91 Safari thats in my truck now. Either way, they're all Borg-Warner 4472s so all same internals
    :bigthumb:

OK, so I thought right..lol Yeah I thought they were cuz I know a guy who put a Astro T-case along with a 4.3 into a classic PU and I was sure they were the same.

The Tys are built stronger aren't they..

Nate

just wondered what kinda rims you got and what tires to tuck on that beast man ?

Originally posted by JuStBlAzIN
    my boy is making his ty into a sleeper, and took the kit off and i got it off him for dirt cheap.
    Just curious, can't you get the measurements off of your buddies truck for the mounting brackets? I've been following your posts about the kit and I can't wait to see it when you're all done. Should look sweet!!

see the body shop that he had it in, took it off for him and shaved all the holes down. be4 he got a look at it.

subsystem, rims i got the 90 gold iroc-Z 15's and with 205/60 in the fornt and 225/60 out back

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

current title:
    Originally posted by JuStBlAzIN

subsystem, rims i got the 90 gold iroc-Z 15's and with 205/60 in the fornt and 225/60 out back
    jeeez- wish i had tires that skeeny, must be real easy tuckin' those... :bird:
    Last edited by stmotorsports; 05-23-2003 at 11:25 PM.

tell u the truth the rim is an 8.5". and it streteched out the tire look and feel like a 235 out front and a 245 or 55 out back. if i had a skinier rim the tire would be taller. so that y i chose ot keep mine, i mean i hardly rub. but i wouldn't recomend to use anything wider than a 7.5 our front. if u are planning to slamm a 4x4.

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

thought this pics shows a be4 drop with the tires, you can compare it to the very first pic on the forum.
    Last edited by JuStBlAzIN; 05-24-2003 at 07:54 PM.

RIP..... 89 s10blazer