Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4.3L V6 turbo?

CLonInG IN ProgReSS (ha) JuStBlAzIN's Avatar
    stock blazer or jimmys come with a 700r4 prior to 94 when they started to use the 4l60. the difference in the blazer tranny is that is lacks the corvette setup that syty's have. i give the guy bout 1000 miles be4 he blows the tranny. they aren't ment to with hold that much torque
    "Fords are like tampons, every pussy has one!"

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

Originally posted by JuStBlAzIN
    stock blazer or jimmys come with a 700r4 prior to 94 when they started to use the 4l60
    I got a 92 blaze wit a vortec and its got a 4L60 in it..the tranny place said a 700r wont work wit the vortec and that its always been a 4L60..i wonder???:confused:

Kilo
    -98 Chevy S10 ZR2 - Stock
    -92 Chevy Blaze - Gone but Not Forgotten
    -97 Chevy Suburban - 6.5 TurboDiesel - New Project

The 700R4 will work with the Vortec Justblazin is right.
    1993 GMC Typhoon
    1988 Blazer Bagged and Draggin SOLD
    2005 STi
    "No mods required, nuff said."

I have the original Typhoon tranny sitting in my garage. Unfortunately because I had it converted to two wheel drive application for an Astro van an I sold the transfer case. I will convert the trans back to the original 4 wheel drive set-up and pick up another TY transfer case. I left the stock blazer set-up in the truck so I could try it out in both two wheel drive and four wheel drive.............something I wouldn't be able to do with an all-wheel-drive set-up.

that's cool. Like selectable 4 wheeldrive. I would be interested to see how that holds up with all that torque. Keep us posted on that.
    1993 GMC Typhoon
    1988 Blazer Bagged and Draggin SOLD
    2005 STi
    "No mods required, nuff said."

as for a transfer case cant you use one of of a bravada or are they different?

Banned
    Im not even gonna worry on doing any such as far as turbo on the 4.3 im gonna build for my Blazer, its just a carb'd 4.3, so im gonna have my heads worked, blocked bored .030 over with new forged flats, under drives, 4-barrell intake with a Quad sittin on top, headers with Flows, with a good ignition. 350 turbo behind it with around a 2000-2500 stall...