Thread: "Tech Clean"

"Tech Clean"

Some one posted about this. I am going to paint my car Super Jet Black. And i was just goint to do it the ezway but..... some of the paint was chipping so i got a razor blade and pealed it off. Well it wound up making all the paint on the car peal and come off. Is this how the blazers are? or did i buy a blazer with a maco paint job ?

Back to the original topic "Tech Clean". How can this be used when painting a car? to clean What coat after wet sand?

blazinlow.com's honda guy Bangin' Blazer's Avatar
    has your car ever been resprayed? i am asking because my dad told me a while ago that he took the blazer to the dealer in like 95 (he bought it new in 90). he said some guy came up to the car with a roll of some tape, put a long strip on the top, and when he yanked it, almost all the paint came off. then he said, "well, you got yourself a free paint job" turns out there was a defect in the paint on the blaze and the dealers had to respray the trucks. it was a recall for my truck. not too sure whether it applied to other years as well.
    wrecked the Blazer,
    guess my name changed from "Bangin' Blazer" to "Bang into 18-wheeler Blazer"

is super jet black darker than regular jet black............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ............................................... just wonderin
    wicked to the bone i am
    you can meet me in the dark if you think im playin 4 DOOR LOVE

I dont know but i will sure let your know when i paint my car :)!

it's the 2-stage equivalent of "final wash" It's made by Martin Senior paints, and is great for cleaning up between coats after it's tacked up. I think final is actually spelled finyl or something similar... Back to the topic at hand, it's a great solvent that won't hurt the coat you're cleaning off; I use it to remove body dust between coats of base or before the clear for touch-ups. Using it is a breeze, wet a shop towel that's lint free, rub with no pressure, and follow IMMEDIATELY with a dry cloth and no pressure to avoid leaving residue. If done right, you're ready for another coat. It gives the same effect as using a tack cloth, but is less expensive and time consuming. It also strips wax and some adhesives (like unleaded gas) but without removing clears or topcoats. Read the literature which is freely available, and remember to add some squirtz (77) to your cup to avoid fisheye/lifting and reduce orange peel. That'll cut down on your color sanding a little although it will yellow the color slightly...

Lurker_bob, sorry about double posting, make sure you buy the best hardener you can afford! If doing 2-stage, make sure you clean it up and sand it out really good before the clear and watch out for insects... Good luck and take some pictures!!!!