Thread: Valves...

Valves...

:confused: how exactly do manual valves work, i understand electric valves but they are sooo expensive, how do the manuals compare to the electrics? any difference in speed of filling up or anything? cause i know manuals are alot cheaper, and since im on a tight budget i dont know if its worth the extra blingbling to get electrics? anyone know?

Manual valves have a ball inside that opens and closes when you move the switch. Think of it like a water hose nozzle. When you squeeze the handle, water comes out because the ball valve opens. One thing about manuals, you can control the speed of up or down by how much you move the switch. Just like the hose for example, if you squeeze a little, little water comes out, a lot, a lot of water. Electric is either open or closed. Manuals have been prone to leaking, and usually aren't as quick as electric. Both can be fast if you know how to set it up and maximize everything. I'd save some extra cash and get electric. They are worth it in my opinion. Electric valves aren't that much more. If you want speed, I'd go with some 1/2 Bad Boy valves. Just make sure you have the right size of line. Most people loose quickness with not runnning the right size line. You have to match your line size to your valve size. If your running 1/2 valves, then you need at least a 5/8 size line. Because 5/8 line has an inner diameter of 1/2. And if your running 3/8 valves, you'd need 1/2" line. You have to optimize you line with your valves. You can have the biggest valves, and not the right line and it will be slower than another truck with smaller valves and the right size of line. You have to have everything working together. The right size bag ports, line, valves, tank ports, etc. Do your homework and you'll have a reliable air ride system with great ride and crazy speed. If thats what your looking for. Anyways, sorry for the book. Go electric, you'll be happier in the long run when you don't have to replace your manuals
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

ok cool i just wanted to hear the pros and cons about it before i bought one or the other..