Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alberta Laws??

Alberta Laws??

Well im probobly taking a local policemen to court in a little while, but I would just like some clarification on some laws

First ive been told that you are not allowed any window film at all (front windows) even if it is crystal clear...something about the window shattering into large pieces or something

So technically tho, I could spraypaint my front windows black and it would be legal....also is there any otehr way besides film that i could get my front windows tinted?

Secondly what about these blue lights...ive been told various things...Are blue turn signals illegal? How about blue license plate lights and what about underglow? And lasly what about interior blue neons...

Thanks alot to whoever can answer some of my questions

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    I cant say for alberta but i know most places any color outside of your car besides red (for your tail lights) and amber (for blinkers) is illegal, and as for underbody kits , some say if they are amber purple or white you can get away with it but it is a distraction and most likely you will get stopped . But if you are in a parking lot or private property and arent on the street you can do whatever you want. Oh and inside neons, if they will be dicks over that too

Here in Miami, they've gotten pretty lenient with most things probably because everyone and their mother has something after-market done to the car, so i guess they've just given up. But the things that they dont tolerate at all are red or blue lights anywhere on or in your vehicle. And if they really want to be dicks about it, they can arrest you for impersonating an officer. I had one cop try to pull that shit on me for my blue alarm scanner that is only on when the truck is off and the alarm is armed!!! But it just depends on the cop and what mood they're in.......

From what I know of BC Laws, which will probably be the same' as Alberta's, neons, whether inside or outside, are all illegal, front lights of any kind other than stock are illegal, unless you've got clears with amber bulbs, etc.

As for the window tint up front, that's something I've never heard of, nor does it make much sense to me, so can't help you out there.

from ontario, front tint hear can be down 4" and up 4" (cat eye effect) and thats legal... shit about the windshield breaking into big pieces cause of tint is BS, i've kicked out my fare share of windshields ...lol..

Re: Alberta Laws??

Originally posted by SlimJimmy
    [B]First ive been told that you are not allowed any window film at all (front windows) even if it is crystal clear...something about the window shattering into large pieces or something
    So technically tho, I could spraypaint my front windows black and it would be legal....also is there any otehr way besides film that i could get my front windows tinted?
    Secondly what about these blue lights...ive been told various things...Are blue turn signals illegal? How about blue license plate lights and what about underglow? And lasly what about interior blue neons...
    you can NOT have any film on the front windows.
    dont think so man about the painting....I dont think you can do anything to the front windows.just take your chances like everyone else and get it tinted lightly. If it is at all dark they will rape you.

I know that blue license plate lights ARE illegal. I am pretty sure that blue front signals are too but I am not 100%. you cannot have any color coming off the back of your car in motion besides amber or red. I would assume that underglow is too....but why would you want it anyways?

Last edited by TOOLMAN; 05-03-2003 at 11:39 AM.
    Originally posted by Catching Second
    I'm making it a new rule that I am going to suck the dick

as far as i know for tinit i thought you could only have a certain percentage but for the neons i think as long as they can't see the light bulb then its all good but im not sure cuz i have blue back up lights blue signals up front and inside neons . and i know you can't have any blue lights in the back or red up front
    rollin on stock 15's yay

why isnt the number 11 pronouced onety one?

yea i thought u were allowed to have up to 35%, but according to the police u cant have any film even if it is crystal clear.

mabye i dunno there some days in edmonton when they have a "tint day" where if you ahve tint they pull you over and tell you to tear it off it really sux i dunno i got 35% on my front windows and i have been pulled over twice since and they said nothing about it mabye thats cuz i get my window down before they get there :D
    rollin on stock 15's yay

Originally posted by SlimJimmy
    yea i thought u were allowed to have up to 35%, but according to the police u cant have any film even if it is crystal clear.
    i think this is the law in Alberta. I have had many cops (a few too many in the family) tell me this.
    Originally posted by Catching Second
    I'm making it a new rule that I am going to suck the dick

I think through out Canada we are just allowed the 4" down or up on the front windows and that's it. As far as neons and ground x/f lights, we are allowed to have them but not have them on while driving. You are allowed to have blue back up light, but the turn signal have to be orange up front, you can't change though. My friend had green in his blazer and the cops told him he wasn't allowed so we took them out. You can have any colour interior lights you want though. So as long as you don't have the outside or inside neons turned on while driving, they wont know and they wont care.

At least that's how it seems to work over here and what I've been told.

Nate

well the secret is now out on me but im just about to be come a cop here in calgary and i know fo a fact that you cant have any tint on the front driver and passengers windows know neon lights inside or out side of the truck only red and amber turn and brake lights and your brake lights must have a reflector in them if you have tint and the cop is nice he will only make you rip it off in front of him and the lights are a ticket no matter what hope that helps
    85 S-10 blazer pearl caddy Red
    2wd 3"/3"
    billit grill, smothie bumper, front air dam with fog lights, roll pan, euro tail lights,clear coners and bumper lenses, shaved roof rack, 18" chrome rims, JL system, little interior work
    383 stroker 500hp.

damnit willy mac ruin my illegal dreams why dont you :(

can the lights have a reflector on them??? not in
    rollin on stock 15's yay

Creative Genius
    Originally posted by TOOLMAN
    i think this is the law in Alberta. I have had many cops (a few too many in the family) tell me this.
    I'm in that boat.

You are not legally allowed to do ANYTHING to your front windows. It is for public safety so people can always see who is driving the vehicle. I'm not saying you're a murderer or anything, but if you hit someones dog, or shoot someone, and your windows aren't tinted, then they can still see who was driving. It just makes things easier for the police, not a really big deal. I have those rainguards over my front windows and they are 100% legal and they cast a shadow over your window to make it look tinted, you could try that... just a thought!
    Last edited by Canadeion; 05-04-2003 at 05:26 PM.

Creative Genius
    Originally posted by willymac
    well the secret is now out on me but im just about to be come a cop here in calgary and i know fo a fact that you cant have any tint on the front driver and passengers windows know neon lights inside or out side of the truck only red and amber turn and brake lights and your brake lights must have a reflector in them if you have tint and the cop is nice he will only make you rip it off in front of him and the lights are a ticket no matter what hope that helps
    The person with the tint does not LEGALLY have to remove it right away. If the cop is being a dick, he will MAKE them do it on the spot, but the person driving it has a legal right to have it removed proffesionally within a certain amount of days... (I think it's 3) and then report back to the police to show them it has been done.