Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropping virgin...

Dropping virgin...

I have a 02' Blazer Xtreme, I have 20/8.5 KMC V2's. I am wanting to drop the truck prolly another 2 front/3 back and not sure how to go about it. I was told that they do not make spindles for the ride, I know a kid that dropped his with control arms in the front. I am pretty sure that I am going to just do 3" blocks in the back, please give me some suggestions and if they do make spindles, tell me where I can find them please, thanks in advance.

~ Ryno

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    yep belltech makes them, summit sells them.

Belltech makes spindles for a Blazer Xtreme?

well im really positive that the spindles on 98+ blazers is the same as 98+blazer extremes

I was told that the Blazer Xtreme has the Z-78 supsension or whatever and there is some special notch that the spindles don't have so they wont work? I guess I could always call belltech or something...

umm i thought the zq8 suspension was just a lowered coil in the front, different leaf springs, a bigger sway bar and that hop shock thing. but i could be wrong, im sure someone else knows for sure (im a first gen guy lol) but i think they are the same spindles

I just called belltech and he said spindles would work, part #2102, now I just have to find out how much that would cost somewhere. Thanks for your time.

no problem, glad i could help

Yes Bell tech makes the spindles for the 98+ blazers. They have been out for about a year now...still kinda pricey (around $220-$250) depending on where you get them. I have been running them up front on my X since they came out along with the BT 3" drop springs.

Originally posted by kanderson63
    Yes Bell tech makes the spindles for the 98+ blazers. They have been out for about a year now...still kinda pricey (around $220-$250) depending on where you get them. I have been running them up front on my X since they came out along with the BT 3" drop springs.

Thats not too bad, how much were the springs? How does it ride? How much did the whole project set you back?

...still kinda pricey (around $220-$250) depending on where you get them.
    ...at least the blocks are cheap.

I dont remember the exact price but it was around $450 I believe. $250 for the spindles, $100 for the springs, and $25 or so for the 4" angeled blocks and $75.00 for the 2.5" notch. $500 total at most... I have had this drop for about a year now with no probs what so ever. I am currently running 255 45 17s but that is all about to change....lol

Belltech drop spindles from Summit

BEL-2102 $269.39

Summits usually the cheapest around. If not, you'll probably still make out from them, or Jegs for that matter, cause they both have dirt cheap shipping.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

My local speed shop sells BellTech stuff as cheap or cheaper than Summit, there's no shipping charge and you don't have to wait for the UPS guy to arrive. Gen1 spindles were $145. I'd call around locally if you're near a big city
    Originally posted by Blazin Low:
    In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire Tony Low
    :D

I thought Gen II's were the same, Im not sure. But those spindles are for the 98+ s-10 blazers only (included extreme blazers).

I had to use them with my brake upgrade. If you wanna see the difference, I've got pictures of both of the spindles on my cardomain page. Links on the bottom of my post
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.