Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've got KMC Tramps

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    In the pics above the rear is at stock height and the front simply has the adjustment bolts removed.

Infrared to ya head

sorry to barge in but....

hey would i be able to put those rims on my 2wd? or do they make em for 2wd? just wondering.....

you can put them on a 2wd with a 1.5in adapter.

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    Today the guy at the shop called me and said that i had to put some adapters because they are FWD rims. Is this true? My truck is a 4x4, so why do I still need adapters?
    Good Bye Blazer

Well that makes 3 of us with 17" Tramps. That's because they are the fuckin shit for a 4x4 blaze. I'll have mine in 2 weeks, and I can't wait.
    Trigga- Can't wait to see your blaze in person!!!
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

I'll try to get some extra cash so that I can go up there for my rollpan as soon as I can. It's gonna take me a while, these rims weren't cheap. The just about cost more than an arm and a leg!! NAh...Not really. More like 3 months worth of paychecks. Fuck it.....Im not complaining. Anything for the Blaze. I'll post pics as soon as those idiots at the shop call me. Laterz
    Good Bye Blazer

Infrared to ya head

KMC....

Hey does KMC have a webpage? could someone post a link to it? thanx...

Infrared to ya head

duuuuhh....

nevermind i found it...ahaha www.kmcwheels.com

Infrared to ya head

hey does anyone know how much a set of those tramps would cost at 18x8? they don't list prices on the site....

BIG PROBLEM!!

I finally got my rims put on today, ans DAMN I had a BIG problem!!! For some reason the bolt pattern didn't match and they had to use the adapters after all. Now my fucken wheels stick out like 1 1/2". FUCK IM PISSED!!!! The guy also said that he cant change them. He said all sales are FINAL! HE said that if the rims wouldn't have had the tires mounted on them, that it would be no problem, but once you mount tires on them....YOU OWN THEM!! He also said that, that is not his policy, but it's KMC's policy. What the fuck am I gonna do now?! Im stuck with expensive rims that wont let me lay frame when I decide to bag my truck!!! FUCK!! He said something about customizing the rim so that it fits, he said he'll charge $100 extra. Does anybody know how this would work?
    Good Bye Blazer

No, you're screwed unless you get a 2wd and use the adapter you have. You should of test fit the rim before you mounted the tire. That was just bad judgement on whoever mounted the tire's part. Also whoever ordered the rim should take responsibility and admit the wrong rim was ordered/sent. But if you're driving on them, no company I have ever seen will swap em now. Even if you mount a tire on a brand new rim, 99.9% of the time you can take it off without it being noticed. SHhhhh, don't tell Enkei, but I've done it multiple times.

Here is a polaroid that I took today. I'll have more pics up next week.

Good Bye Blazer

:bigthumb:

Got my approval!!

Looks great!!

Thanxs. I'm meeting with the guy from the rim shop tomorrow. We are gonna try and work something out. I'm gonna tell him that if I dont get the rims with the correct bolt pattern, that I'm gonna make a stop payment on the credit card and I'm gonna take them to court. We'll see how it goes. Everybody please wish me luck. Either way I'll have more pics up sometime next week.
    Tomorrow I'll let you guys know what happened.
    Good Bye Blazer

Talking GOOD DAY!

Man...after 2 hours of arguing I finally got my rims the way they should be. At first I argued the it wasn't my fault for their fuck up, and I didn't make much progress with that. Then I finally told them that if I didn't get the rims, I was gonna make a stop payment and I was going to see them in court. After I said that, the guy went to speak with the owner of the company. He came back about 40 min. later and said that they would exchange the rims but that I had to pay a 20% restocking fee. I said fuck that!! I got im my truck and said I'll just go speak with my lawyer right now ( I dont even have a lawyer :p:) and right when I was about to drive away the manager came out and said that the owner wanted to speak to me. He said that he was sorry for the inconveniance and that he was gonna make sure that I got what I needed without paying another penny. But, he said I had to wait 2 weeks for the rims to be delivered and I would have to leave the ones I already had. Once again I said fuck that, I told the guy that I was keeping these rims on and was making a stop payment until my rims arrived. He then went to call somebody and asked me if I could wait about 3 hours for them to recieve the rims and have me all set. And that was that! I came home with 17x7 KMC Tramp's with a 5x4.75 bolt pattern. :D
    I hope I didn't bore you guys. I'll have pics as soon as I get them developed.
    Good Bye Blazer