Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-link is in...

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    i just dont understand how he can be 2 inchs off the ground when I'm 2.25 off the ground no notch and have the same tires and i know their is more then an inch left before i bottom out on the floor...I dunno
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

Alright dragginblazer, as the builder of the kit, I will answer your questions...
    1) it gets 8" of lift.
    2) the mounts are set up for the bags to be fully collapsed when the rear end hit the body floor. I realize you don't know much about this stuff , so I will try to explain as I go. If the bag is fully collapsed when the truck is all the way down, it allows the truck to lift higher by using all the bags available stroke.
    3) no they are not adjustable. If the buyer feels the need to run bag mounts other than what I supply, he will be able to purchase the four link with out the bag mounts. The hows and whys of using this four link with a step notch is kinda lengthy. And since it can get technical, and therefore above your comprehension level, I will refrain from going into it for now.
    4) Doug can make the assumption his truck would lay by using different tires if he knows the height of his tires, the height of the new tires, and the distance the truck is off the ground. It is really a simple math equation. Maybe when you get a little more experience, you will understand.

Now my turn to ask questions...
    1) why do you bother to ask questions about this kit ?
    I mean we all know you aren't going to buy it. And we all know my work is better than your's. And the guy's that is building your truck. So seriously can't be trying to question my abilities.
    2) you never answered my question from a month ago about the rear lift. So here it is again... with the rear giving 8" of lift, and the typical front set up giving 7-8" of lift. How much is really necessary ?
    3) I went over to your ssm profile and looked at your trucks. Kinda weak if you ask me, but what do I know... With suck weak examples to show, what is it exactly that makes you think you know something, or that your opinions should even be taken seriously ?

Answer these three questions for me, and we can then progress on.
    Larry
    www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    AirRide, KP, MIC, SMC, Parker, Viair... I sell all the good stuff.

uh oh... round 1, fight! my money is on draggin :D
    03 s10 (stock) / 90 blazer (layin body)

Originally posted by BLAZIN90
    lol.
    For you, go to this link http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...5&pagenumber=1
    I think pages 2 & 3 will really interest you.
    Larry

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    I dont give a damn about any of this bitching. I personally am very interested in this 4 link, and would like to hear more about it and not people bitching, and is your plan for production and pricing them still as it was before. thanks

oh.. he actually talked to me! wow, I'm not believing this.. and yeah, that interests me.. looks like you got owned by half of blazinlow about your kit, lol.

Originally posted by supernova
    I dont give a damn about any of this bitching. I personally am very interested in this 4 link, and would like to hear more about it and not people bitching, and is your plan for production and pricing them still as it was before. thanks
    I am going to try to have them available in late june or early july. I am trying all I can to keep the cost down, and make it easy to install. What other questions do you have ?
    Larry

I know some of it is weld on. how much besides the the 2 links. I know prices wont be dirt cheap for it but its cool it will keep my truck out of a shop for a long time (and we have few custom shops around here that deal with bags, or one i think in B.R.). And is low_blazer running the full kit, with your bags, mounts and everything you provide in the complete kit

Originally posted by BLAZIN90
    oh.. he actually talked to me! wow, I'm not believing this.. and yeah, that interests me.. looks like you got owned by half of blazinlow about your kit, lol.
    Umm lets see... There was you... doesn't know anything, and sent me, what 5-6 PM's apologizing and trying to get a kit. Oh and a phone call. Seems like a lot of effort for a kit that sucks.
    Let's see who else... dragginblazer. Watch, he will fail to answer my questions, and no doubt make a personal attack on me, maybe some name calling. That's always nice from a moderator.

I just went back and reread the entire post. And it was pretty much just you two. And you both had the idea that behind the axle mounts don't give any lift. Go look at doug's picture. Looks like good lift to me. So... I think I won round one.
    Larry

Originally posted by supernova
    I know some of it is weld on. how much besides the the 2 links. I know prices wont be dirt cheap for it but its cool it will keep my truck out of a shop for a long time (and we have few custom shops around here that deal with bags, or one i think in B.R.). And is low_blazer running the full kit, with your bags, mounts and everything you provide in the complete kit
    It is only the lower bars that bolt on. All the rest welds in. Doug has the whole kit, bags, brackets, shock, mounts, everything. I do have weld on axle mounts for the lower bars, but not with mounts. From the email responses I have been getting, I think I am going to get this first part going before I think of doing any other changes.
    Unfortunately it won't be dirt cheap. But I am trying to keep it as low as possible. It just doesn't do any one any good if the cost is high. Getting this kit ready for production is my number one priority in june.
    Larry

Thanks

Originally posted by IRSd_mini
    Umm lets see... There was you... doesn't know anything, and sent me, what 5-6 PM's apologizing and trying to get a kit. Oh and a phone call. Seems like a lot of effort for a kit that sucks.
    Let's see who else... dragginblazer. Watch, he will fail to answer my questions, and no doubt make a personal attack on me, maybe some name calling. That's always nice from a moderator.

I just went back and reread the entire post. And it was pretty much just you two. And you both had the idea that behind the axle mounts don't give any lift. Go look at doug's picture. Looks like good lift to me. So... I think I won round one.
    You won what? I'm not fighting with you. You challenged Draggin, not me. You brought up that old thread, yes. I'm not badmouthing your kit now, and I havent did so since that thread. But whatever. You dont have to be a jerk to me about this, just because you're pissed at Draggin. I'm not trying to get a kit, I dont even want your kit. I'm doing my own, and saving money. If you wanna start an attack on me, then just let me know. Otherwise, I'll just watch you vs. Draggin.

if i went through all the trouble to bag it id want to lay but i have a 4 door so i wont lose my back seat so i can understand him not wanting to lay to save the seat
    i think larrys kit is nice lot of of research and development im sure
    im sure it would work for people looking for a mainly bolt on kit for there trucks since blazers are a pain in the ass to get kits for
    2009 ford fusion
    1997 bagged and body dropped suburban
    2003 yamaha road star warrior
    still got the 4 Door Love

I'm picking at your "kit" because it is just another "kit" that dosen't layout but this time for a blazer. Why don't you call it the Xtreme 4-link. That name fits it well.

Ohh boo hoo I pointed out that your kit dosen't lay out and it won't unless you modify it. Big deal. Aww damn now everyone won't buy it.

As for your ? to me I never saw it and I really don't feel like going back and reading old posts. I do have better things to do. Something you nor tony could ever come up with was proof. Go get out the tape measure & take some pics of the lift.

Bash on my ride all you want there won't be another blazer like it when it's done. Ohh yeah it will lay out...
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

I dont see what the problem is. There are people out there who would want their blazer to lay out with an airride setup. (myself included) But Larry is developing this kit for people who want to get up and down...not cut into the floor....not do any HEAVY modifications, keep it user-friendly, and keep it as cost-friendly as possible. I like the work that Draggin does, I like the work that Larry and Jason do....But CANT WE JUST GET ALONG!!!???? There are more than just 1 classification of custom rides...not just 1.Stock or 2.Highly modified. why cant there be something in between?
    Originally posted by Catching Second
    I'm making it a new rule that I am going to suck the dick