Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BOLT IN NOTCH!!!!! its here! finally!!

shit looks nice with the notch how big of a drop could i get at ride height?
    drag it fucker!!

Originally posted by Blazin Low
    Since its not hard to make these step notches do you think thats something that you will start to make for us?

If so, count me in for an immediate purchase. :bigthumb:
    Yeah count me in too. Btw the c-notch looks nice as hell :bowdown:
    A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.

'94 Bravada
    '67 Chevelle
    '73 Chevelle

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    how big of a notch is that? more then 2.5? If its not 2.5 or more you should pop out a few step notchs like mike suggested:D
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

the shock x member dosnt need to be trashed. i have a step notch and still have mine. all you have to do is grind or cut out the rivets that hold it in and remove it .then do your step notch then trim the ends of the x member that went into the frame rail and then weld the x member to the inside of the notch. i spoke to jason a couple of weeks ago and explained how to do this. i dont know why he said you need to lose the xmember. plus you also wont have to fab new gas tank mounts.
    wicked to the bone i am
    you can meet me in the dark if you think im playin 4 DOOR LOVE

Originally posted by groundscr8pr
    the shock x member dosnt need to be trashed. i have a step notch and still have mine. all you have to do is grind or cut out the rivets that hold it in and remove it .then do your step notch then trim the ends of the x member that went into the frame rail and then weld the x member to the inside of the notch. i spoke to jason a couple of weeks ago and explained how to do this. i dont know why he said you need to lose the xmember. plus you also wont have to fab new gas tank mounts.
    well, i guess i was speaking for myself when i said you need to trash it. i dont deal with stock x-members. i create new ones. get rid of the stock. building a new tank mount would be cake.

to each his own.
    i wish i had time to work on my own damn truck!

LONG LIVE WAYLON! R.I.P.

i have probably missed it but how big is that notch?

I will order one real soon jason
    Bagged 89 Jimmy

Hi Jason just wondering if my notch has been sent out yet or when it will be if not.
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

nope. there is another 3-day delay man. the drivers side notch needed to be altered. the frame on that side differs from the passenger. so now i am going through minor design changes. it will ship friday at the very earliest.

i'll keep you updated. i cant believe its been a friggin week already. geesh.

the notch is a 2.25"er

LONG LIVE WAYLON! R.I.P.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    Hmm i might order one just incase i need it......

how much diferent is the blazer rear frame from the pick-up frame?im running a ekstensive metal works c-notch and 17''s with a 235/45 tire and im only 1/2" from topping out on the c-notch.how in the hell can you put in a c-notch thats 2-2.5" and lay out on 18"s
    minitruckin is not a phase ........its a lifestyle

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/ViewOwnerProfile.aspx?Home=true&ProfileID=18589

http://members.cardomain.com/pagsjohn

Originally posted by pa gs john
    how much diferent is the blazer rear frame from the pick-up frame?im running a ekstensive metal works c-notch and 17''s with a 235/45 tire and im only 1/2" from topping out on the c-notch.how in the hell can you put in a c-notch thats 2-2.5" and lay out on 18"s
    18" was a guestimation. i can lay frame with a 2.25 notch and a 4link with 18's. ive done the math on that one. a blazer frame is quite a bit different though, the shape that is. until i can actually set everything up on a blazer and get measurements i will still guestimate an 18" rim. thats just a guess. you will gain some "lowness" if you were to run a 35 tire of course.

maybe somebody here who's blazer is 4linked and bagged with somekind of notch can give us some numbers.

LONG LIVE WAYLON! R.I.P.

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    I'm just under 2.25" from laying in back with no notch with 215/45r17's...so i dont think i would be able to lay with the notch cause the u-bolts would bottom out on the notch before i got the full 2.25 inchs I need. You should make the notch 2.5" while your redoing the drivers side:D

how much would a 2.5" inch notch cost me or would you not want to have to fab one?
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

Originally posted by clean n low 84
    I'm just under 2.25" from laying in back with no notch with 215/45r17's...so i dont think i would be able to lay with the notch cause the u-bolts would bottom out on the notch before i got the full 2.25 inchs I need. You should make the notch 2.5" while your redoing the drivers side:D

how much would a 2.5" inch notch cost me or would you not want to have to fab one?
    i dont want you to have to remove any more frame. i take it your running a monoleaf???

LONG LIVE WAYLON! R.I.P.

CLonInG IN ProgReSS (ha) JuStBlAzIN's Avatar
    i am waiting for u to get more canti. 4links. when will u have more in stock?
    "Fords are like tampons, every pussy has one!"

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

Originally posted by JuStBlAzIN
    i am waiting for u to get more canti. 4links. when will u have more in stock?
    i have all the materials to build them. just no time to "build" them.

call me tomorrow and we can discuss.
    812-782-3581

LONG LIVE WAYLON! R.I.P.