Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: i dunno if i want bags??

The majority of Semi Trucks on the road (and other _heavy_ duty trucks) have air suspensions and put hundreds of thousands of miles on them a year...

ok kool what are the rules of having them like how do u use them the right way and do u set your ride hight like u want it or do u have to have the right psi in the bags???
    1990 2Door blazer, dropped 2"up front 3"out back, pioneer DEH-P3600, two 15" kicker comp's, a gm-2000 200watt pioneer amp. SOON TO COME flowmasters, a lower drop, fresh paint, better subs and amps and some 17or18" rims
    :blazer:

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    there bag, they inflate and deflate, you can do whatever you want with them.....as long as you dont throw sparks while driving, your fine lol.

so i can play with them and it wont hurt anything???
    1990 2Door blazer, dropped 2"up front 3"out back, pioneer DEH-P3600, two 15" kicker comp's, a gm-2000 200watt pioneer amp. SOON TO COME flowmasters, a lower drop, fresh paint, better subs and amps and some 17or18" rims

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    Originally posted by Azer
    so i can play with them and it wont hurt anything???
    :rofl: that is what they are there for, you can abuse the shit out of them and they will be fine. bag that shit and drag on the freeway.
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

don't give him any crazy ideas now clean. You lay it out on the highway but don't be surprised if you get pulled over and fined. Bag's aren't exactly legal on all vehicles...if you get the point. You may be better off buying a kit from AirRide or somebody who has full kits that are mostly bolt on if you want to try it yourself. Like the Roadgrater kit.

If you drag it, you'll break or bend stuff under the truck like the cross member, exhaust etc. So you do or may break things. The bags and gear, as long as it's the good stuff out there, not the cheap brands, then they'll last a long time.

Nate

its not legal on my truck so if they see i have them they will take my truck????oh yea i didint think u could put a roadgrater kit on a blazer

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    if you wanta really easy front kit, airride now makes a bolt on uper and lower control arm with bolt on shock mount, It will lay on 18s with no cutting. If i can get a hold of one of the 4 links and someone to weld ill be purchasing one.

im just going to have like 16s or 17s on mine i think i seen a bag that bolts right up to the controle arms i have ill have to go get the truckin mag back out

Yeah besides the Notches the roadgrater should work on an S10 Blazer I think..it's usually the notches that you have to make your own or buy from Brislands on Vancouver Island...and did another company just make them finally?? But the Roadgrater is a do DIY kit for the backyard mechanic with an S10....so it's a good kit to start out with.

But if you want it done good and right, may as well get the 4link from Larry when he gets it on the market.

If you're playing with the bags on a highway and a cop catches you, he may impound the vehicle if he's an ass. We have bag'd rides all over here, and I haven't heard of any being impounded...but it depends on the cop.

Nate

the roadgrater kit has 10 bolts no welds but it says its stronger than stock well thats what it says in truckin

but i would think u would have to cut and make the tank smaller if u go with the roadgrater right????cuz it looks like it sits real low

what i wanted

this is a pic of the bag i was going to get but it and the controle arm are $999.00
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a shortend Shockwave bag. Shockwaves are really expension but they replace the shocks as well, and are good riding bags, most people don't buy they due to them being so damn expensive.

Nate

Trying to fit a Roadgrater on a Blazer would be an exercise in futility... :nono:

Larry (IRSd_mini on here) makes a nice 4 Link for Blazers that should be available soon...low_blazer already installed one on his truck and is very happy with it.