Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: i dunno if i want bags??

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    as soon as i can get the moeny and a place to weld it on, i will have one too. Anyway they also make a uper and lower control arm setup with a regular bag, and it comes with a bolt on shock with shock plate, its pretty nice, especially with no cutting

Soon 2 B Draggin' By You! slammin minis's Avatar
    BAG IT BAG IT BAG IT

Sparkin it up yo.
    I garanty if u buy bags u'll love em

lol see the bad thing is there is no place to buy or anybody that installs bags around here there are like 2 trucks in my town with bags and he got his from a guy in MS both of them. if u have seen the July 2003 issue of truckin on page 88 "Dualie Noted" thats 1 of the only baged trucks in my town but 1 of the nicest to
    1990 2Door blazer, dropped 2"up front 3"out back, pioneer DEH-P3600, two 15" kicker comp's, a gm-2000 200watt pioneer amp. SOON TO COME flowmasters, a lower drop, fresh paint, better subs and amps and some 17or18" rims
    :blazer:

Rage Against The Machine Underground87's Avatar
    just make sure you get some good shocks and an alignment. i tell you this from experience.
    "all i have in this world is my balls and my word, and i dont break em for no one"-Al Pacino

haha...alignment..I guess i lucked out because my alignment was fine..i've been keeping an eye on tire wear and its all good. I took it on a road trip too...I just got my bags about a month ago. Once you get all the little glitches out, you'll be kicking yourself for even doubting bags in the first place..Oh, and I did my install myself and I'd never even had the front suspension apart previously. There are many 100% bolt on kits available, and this site has a good how-to for the front install in the tech forum. I went with the air lift Gen 1 kit...no cutting and 100% bolt on. If you don't want to lay, you're in luck with this kit. I want to lay frame so now I gotta hack the shit out of my cups hahaha.
    iLLconformity truck club
    House of Kohler...Winnipegs Minitruck Headquarters

where did u get that kit???
    1990 2Door blazer, dropped 2"up front 3"out back, pioneer DEH-P3600, two 15" kicker comp's, a gm-2000 200watt pioneer amp. SOON TO COME flowmasters, a lower drop, fresh paint, better subs and amps and some 17or18" rims

oh yea i think i can do a bolt on kit u say no cutting what about drilling???

I got it through a local shop here in Canada. Since you live in the US, I would talk to Larry at Innovative Air Suspension.com He actually told me about this kit and gave me a really good price, but after paying fees at the border, it wasn't worth it. Since you're in the US, talk to him. I think his username on here/s10forum.com is irsd_mini. If I was in the states, I wouldn't deal with anyone but larry for air ride...
    iLLconformity truck club

You will have to drill a hole in each spring cup to feed the lines through, and if you choose to run shocks, i think you'll be looking at 4 holes per side for that. You'll also have to drill through your floor to run lines from the tank and to mount the tank and compressor. I used air over leaf brackets in the back...3 holes per side. I used a standard 3/8" corded drill. I bought really good 5/16" and 1/2" drill bits for drilling stainless steel. I drilled nearly every hole in less than 30 seconds. The kit comes with great instructions and measurements too.
    iLLconformity truck club

My front bags...I know the lower roll plate is missing..its in now.
    iLLconformity truck club

so u think a 15 year old like myself could do it????

This is the shock relocator...sorry, I didn't take pics of the rear.
    iLLconformity truck club

Yeah, for sure...its nice to have an extra hand or 2 to help out, even if they don't know jack about trucks, its always good to have someone else to help out, because there are a few tricky things like pulling the coil springs out and taking off the old spindle and brake caliper that you might need a hand with.
    iLLconformity truck club

u didint cut the frame i thought u had to cut it so that the bag wouldint hit???

Air Lift Gen 1 requires no cutting. If you're really paranoid, you might want to trim the inner lip, but its not necessary.
    iLLconformity truck club