Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: removing t bar bolts?

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    not to long but it dosent miss the allinment up to bad, but get it alllined before to long
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

bass is a addiction! addiction2bass's Avatar
    im just wondering how long it would take for the tbar to settle and everything. before i get it aligned.... i sure dont want to get it aligned and then it settle more and have it messed up again. j/w how many miles until it would realy start wearing bad. the tires already need replaced within the next couple of months. ill most likely just get two replaced and then the other two replaced. maybe if i replace the worst tires and put the two beter ones in the front and drive about a month with it with the alignment off and then have the tires replaced and then get the front end aligned....... sound maybe like a plan??????\

also do i have to get the rear tires aligned also?

ill be geting the other bolts tomorow after work. and then its go time......
    also with the truck being a 96 wouldnt it use metric screws? forget who said 3/4 socket. but i thought newer cars went to metric. but if its the same thing like some are that would be fine.
    i cannt wait to do this. kinda tempted to drop the front end now.... actualy i need to go spray it down so it gets that rust off it if thiers any
    1997 C1500 extended cab, 4/6drop, helper bags almost to low.
    2 15mtx 8500s behind my head.

the t- bar bolts hold the hole front end suspension together dont they?

I mean, sure they are there for "fine tuning" alignment, but dont you think they are kind of nessisary...

I was contemplating the idea of throwin out the bolts in my truck, but after I shot the idea to my dad (mechanic of 27 years) he told me I was nuts...haha (whats new) anyhow, hes tellin me all how they are there for a reason, and how it holds together the front end suspension, but I'm like so what, at least it looks cool...!

addiction2bass --> Take your bolts out, then go in for an alignment and tell me how it looks after, I dont wanna drive around with mad camber

Question: Is there a way you can get longer bolts? So you have the same drop, but bolts still in place? This seems more logical to me.... : /
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N
    Rollpan - Smooth chrome bumper
    Elemental Designs - Avionixx- CDT

i only let mine settle for like two days

and has it changed any? after that 2days? maybe if i did alot of driving it would help settle it but i realy dont do to much driving. i only like like maybe a mile from my job and realy dont drive that much besides on the weekends when im just joy riding.

Banned
    why the hell would it matter if the adjuster bolts are out? mine have been out for a long time. it doesnt hold any thing together. It holds somthing UP, not together, and if you take it out, the KEY holds it up. Take it all the way out. Alignment isnt mandatory either, mines not bad at all.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

you know what im gonna sound like a complete retard here. but i just poped off the front skid plates and everything and im just maken sure its the u shapped piece with the bolts that are straight up? this is with me just kinda reaching under the car
    just maken sure i do the right thing before i go mess something else up with the suspension. does anyone have a picture they could show to illistrate the torsion bar? and what bolts to remove on a second generation jimmy 4x4?

they are at the back of you front door toward the middle on a cross member, u will see two beefy bars coming from the front then two bolt the are on the cross member

coool
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N

well im gonna go get the other bolts i need for the back made now. when i get back ill work on droping it. hopefully i wont have any problems......

Banned
    OK, here is what it looks like. Its rough so just study it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

ok thanks. that should give me a good idea of what to look for. i got thinking and im preaty sure i was looken at the sway bar. but tomorow im gonna check it all out after i get the rear done. it should go preaty quick once i get the proper tools tonight. and i got looken at my tires and dang they are worn preaty bad.......LOL i guess i gotta replace them sooner than i thought. no wonder my dad complained about the rear end comen around on ya when it rained...... i just poped it in 4x4 when it was slick out for driving around town

I dont think your looking at the sway bar, its way in the front, between your tires. The bolts are right under the doors, just get under the truck, follow the only 2 round parallel rods back until you see a x member type thing with a bolt on each side, just start taken em out...It should take about 10 min if your bolts are not rusted, or your really strong..haha
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N

not goin anywhere fast bigbad2.8's Avatar
    heres da torsion bar for 1st gens. same as pic in chiltons...imagine that lol
    yours is prolly a bit different, but not too much

http://www.s-series.org/modules.php?...view_photo.php

a bit confusing unless you know what your looking at. remember, the crossmember is quite a ways (bout 4ft) behind the controll arms. good luck!
    My rides:
    85 s10 blazer 4x4 (sold :( )
    74 f100 4x4 shortbox w/ 390 and 35" mudders
    96 polaris indy 440

ok i know exactly what you guys are talking about now...... i wasnt quite sure what those where.LOL i thought the torsion bar was one peice.... but its realy two? and just checken but the part number 184 is what i take out? or 186?