Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: removing t bar bolts?

Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N
    Rollpan - Smooth chrome bumper
    Elemental Designs - Avionixx- CDT

not goin anywhere fast bigbad2.8's Avatar
    yank out #184. where #185 fits into is where you would notch DOWN for more drop.
    My rides:
    85 s10 blazer 4x4 (sold :( )
    74 f100 4x4 shortbox w/ 390 and 35" mudders
    96 polaris indy 440

bass is a addiction! addiction2bass's Avatar
    ok thanks again no problem. only problem is couldnt get the tools. my moms stupid dog aparently heard me comen.LOL and instead of just going out to the shop and unlocking it my dad only locked the freaken small door knob lock instead of the deadbolt.... AWWWWWWWWW...LOL so looks like ill have to go out thier after all. unless my work has a good cuter and torch wrench but i highly doubt it. maybe ill just say i got plans and cannt stay. or maybe i wont and just try again tomorow and hope he locks it like he usualy does. but next time im definatly taken the other spare key for the botom lock and geting a copy made.
    the back end definatly jumps around more and feels diferent. not sure until i do both sides.LOL then ill just loosen the bolts and see how much of a drop i get. but with just the 3inch drop in back its realy not that much diferent but if you know how high it sits stock.LOL i took a picture with it before with a piece of tape over the fender whell where the top of the tire is. ill take the new pictures tomorow and post them.

tho im simply gonna drop the tbar screws right now and see how much i like it. and if i want more ill notch it. how much more will it drop with the notch?
    1997 C1500 extended cab, 4/6drop, helper bags almost to low.
    2 15mtx 8500s behind my head.

A lot more, you can get like 5+ inches
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N

so with taken out one leaf it will drop another 5inches???? ill have to measure that before i try.LOL this is what the rear looks like so far with the 3inch drop blocks. no realy impressive but alot beter than stock!!!!!!! which is all good
    http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pa...=332057&page=9

oh man my bad, I was talking about flipping the keys and the hole in the xmember. I have no experiance with a notch. sorry about that
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N

dang i thought people said i would only get like a inch with the Tbar screws.LOL now its actualy a inch lower than the rear. tho it looks good. i like it. tho i might just put the screws back in alittle bit to make it even. MAYBE. we'll see.LOL rides alittle ruffer but its a good sacrifice for lowered.LOL mainly i think its the rear bump stops hiting. and im kinda skeard of cuting it and it hiting realy hard.......

Originally posted by addiction2bass
    dang i thought people said i would only get like a inch with the Tbar screws.LOL now its actualy a inch lower than the rear. tho it looks good. i like it. tho i might just put the screws back in alittle bit to make it even. MAYBE. we'll see.LOL rides alittle ruffer but its a good sacrifice for lowered.LOL mainly i think its the rear bump stops hiting. and im kinda skeard of cuting it and it hiting realy hard.......
    I know what you mean, when I took mine all the way out my tire was about an inch away from the fender.

It lookd damn cool, but my camber was WAY off and I didnt feel like paying for an alignment, so I screwed em back in half way...haha

I'll have to take some pix after I do some body work, my truck is embarassing

Jesses truck has negitive camber hah
    Last edited by blux; 06-26-2003 at 09:55 PM.
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N

LOL main thing i hate is my trucks got hail damage.... not noticable from a distance. but it gets on my nerves realy bad since well you know how if you know something is thier it just bothers ya.LOL but i should be starting to fix that soon enough.... tho moneys kinda tight right now and i owe my dad 120bucks for a new alternator since mine just burned out........ it may not be that great of a alternator and i know ill burn it out often.LOL but when time counts you gotta buy something.... eventualy ill get a ahigh power alt. but for now "THANK GOD FOR LIFETIME WARENTES"LOL i burned out my alt on my old car about 4times and everytime i just took it back and got the new one.LOL

that does look dam good!!!!!!! but that truck doesnt seem to shine. looks like it needs some clear coat to make it realy SHINE....... but i love the rims. i wish i could buy some killer rims BUT i cannt........LOL maybe one day. but i just started giving blood and im gonna be puting that cash into a savings acount for the big toys for my truck. not bad for about 200 bucks a month....... definatly i can do something good to it.LOL

You have hail damage too? My truck is about totaled because of it. We got a killer tornado about 2 years ago and my truck was left outside...So I guess that speaks for itself.

I'm putting on new fenders soon
    hopefully 4 new doors
    a hood
    and some rockerpannel bondo work

Thats funny, because my alternator just burnt out 2. 3rd one this year...haha
    Dynomax Exhaust 3" - K&N

well mines not that bad not sure what it went thru before i got it.LOL but some realy good sized hail took it out..... but im gonna just bondo it all up and paint the thing. most of the hood im gonna cover up with a hood scoop and bondo in the joints to make it look made on thier. that will hide ALOT of damage. but the hood/roof is gonna probably take the longest the doors are just minor with stupid people hiting the doors like always and acouple hard impacts from the hail that even cracked the paint on the top rail of the back doors! its just gonna take time.....
    and now that ive droped the truck i feel so big!!!!!LOL i can see the roof fully. i measured 29inches to the fender well in front and 30 in the rear. my dad hates it and keeps saying its ruining the trucks 4x4. but in the winter if i realy want a high ride ill simply swap the block and put the Tbar screws in all the way.

and next thing im gonna do thats realy cheap is paint the vent guards to match close enough. im so short on cash right now its realy not funny. im gonna go take a shower and go give some blood for somemore cash. my paycheck was only 253 and my half of rent is 280.....LOL this time i get 33 bucks which should help me out ALOT. plus im trying to sell some old stereo equipment that im not usen right now. you interested in a cheap good amp? works perfect selling realy low thru ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=18796&rd=1 ive also got a 0.5 farad capacitor ill sell for 20bucks shiped in the usa.

ok got my picture taken.... and uploaded onto my SD site.
    http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pa...=332057&page=9

i think this would also make my neons seem brighter since they should be consentrated closer to the ground.LOL i love it!!!

well ive got another question. quite odd for me.
    the rear drivers side sits at 29, passenger back sits at 29.5
    the front drivers side site at about 28.5 with the torsion bar screw still in quite a bit. and the passenger side sits at 29.5 with the torsion bar screw completly out...... im frustrated........ id like to get it to match.
    what could be the problem? could my shocks be worn out on the lower side? springs be weak? what would you recomend doing so i can level it up all the way around? or should i leave the front end down another inch since ive got a huge stereo in the back weighing it down......

Banned
    check your tire pressure. that will make a little difference in ride hight

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4