Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: removing t bar bolts?

also you can tighten the torsion bar adjustors on the low side, or take them out on the high side
    86 S10Blazer, Project truck
    Bagged, Bodydropped 4 3/4", Shaved Clean

bass is a addiction! addiction2bass's Avatar
    well ive got both sides the same but im realy not gonna worry about it. hopefully i can find out how to get the rear adjusted the same and then the front would be preaty easy! im gonna take it to my dads friends shop and see what he could do for me while he alignes it. but not until after i change the lower ball joints. right now im worken on my new overhead consol. tho i might have to use the one i had before and just switch some of the guts out of it. since my new one is loaded and longer, BUT aparently it was off either a 2door or they changed the roofs contor of the roof from a 96 to 97. im tryen some bondo right now to give it a good contor and refinish it. i got my fingers crossed!
    1997 C1500 extended cab, 4/6drop, helper bags almost to low.
    2 15mtx 8500s behind my head.

so hold on a second ur telling me that if i loosen 2 bolts under my truck i can get almost a 3" drop on the front of my truck for no amount of money spent on parts

NO........ 2nd generations are known to get a good drope but with 1st generations i havent heard that many successful stories, maybe only 1-2inches at most. and after you loosen or remove the torsion bar screws you realy need to get your front end aligned so your tires dont wear uneven.
    i think for the 1st generations you gotta notch the crossmember which will give you a greater drop

I just got almost 3 inches with taking the torsion bars out. I was very impressed. But i got this much because they were alllllll the way in
    86 S10Blazer, Project truck
    Bagged, Bodydropped 4 3/4", Shaved Clean

i guess you could always experiment....... just spray down the bolts with a good lubricant to loosen the rust. then measure how high your ride is right now before and take the bolts out. and if its not as much as you want just put the screws back in a raise it back to how high it was before. probably take about 1/2 give or take from start to finish.