Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Build Quite Possibly The Best Enclosure Out There...

Dark Side Master LayinBodyBlazer's Avatar

Talking How To Build Quite Possibly The Best Enclosure Out There...

The following link is to a post on www.termpro.com that was started back in '99 concerning the building of quite possibly the best enclosure out there. The Aperiodic-Bi-Chamber enclosure, or ABC box.

ABC BOXES!! COME AND GET IT!!

Be warned, this post has over 700 replies and is over 30 pages long!

But, it contains a wealth of information and specs as well as reviews on how well the box did.

I can vouch for it. I did one in 2001 for a Rockford Fosgate Power DVC 15" powered by a bd1000.

I messed it up though a little, (it is not very forgiving, it has to be EXACT), but even still...it absolutely amazed me and everyone who got to witness it.

Enjoy!

Any questions just ask, again I did build one of these

Team Rockford Fosgate Member
    My Street Source Mag Page
    My MySpace Page

thats something ive been wondering about but dont feel like reading all that could you give a quick run down

whats an abc box

bastard - I was thinking th other day about posting a link to that topic but I was not sure how well it would be received to have a link to another forum here.

Good call

Have fun reading everyone. I remeber when this topic first got started ( and I am sure SLIH does also) I never thought it would get so popular!!

Im thinking of making one of these after work for this show I'm going to on Sunday. Think you can come up with a diagram for 2 Image Dynamics IDQ12 V.2 D4 ran off a Zapco Studio 500.

I plan on doing then Cat-5 rcas and Peal and seal (or what ever the name of that roofing stuff that is just like dynomat.)

Originally posted by wizeguy4
    bastard - I was thinking th other day about posting a link to that topic but I was not sure how well it would be received to have a link to another forum here.

Good call

Have fun reading everyone. I remeber when this topic first got started ( and I am sure SLIH does also) I never thought it would get so popular!!
    I notice this forum is not as touchy about that as some of the other ones I'm on.. Its like they all make a big deal out of it...

I guess BL has so many people that they know won't leave tehy aren't worried about it..

To me everyone on all the S-series type forums should be like family.. Its all good, I read'em all almost daily..
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

Ok...My current box is 36.5" wide and it just fits inbetween the fenderwells. And the trunk is about 32" deep. If I do it 16" high it should give roughly 10.8 cubic feet....18" will give roughly 12.16 cubic feet.

I should go with the 18" right? That will give each of the 12's 6 cubic feet each. Would I separate the two ( so I'd have a 1.5 cubic foot and 4.5 cubic foot chamber for each sub, total of 4 chambers)
    Or would I have one chamber 3 cubic feet and the other 9 cubic feet and mount the subs in the same chamber.

What I got out of reading a few of the links is that I should have 3" diameter PVC or steel piping. Each of the tubes either 8 inches long or 12 inches long. Does that sound right or am I just a moron?

thats WAY too big for that sub :) I was thinking more on the lines of 3.0-3.75 cubes each

I ran a model of a vented enclosure for the IDQ 12 D4/VC2, looks pretty good at 3 cubes with 4" PVC vents, 22.25" long each tuned to just under 30Hz.

Now, here comes a problem, you're going to have to have a 90* elbow on the vents to get them to fit, then that begins to take up more room and it becomes tricky to fit them all in there.

So, rather than using 4" PVC, I may be able to design you up a model that uses hand made rectangular slot ports...give me a bit of time to work out a couple of designs on graph paper. Im off work tomorrow so I can devote some time to this.

Believe me with my ABC I built for that 1 15", it wasn't fun trying to use the 90* elbows because you have to measure how much port length they add, and that is a whole new trick in itself, believe me.

My MySpace Page

So think I can get this done by Saturday night. I wanna do good in this show on Sunday. I was planning on using this box for shows and maybe some other times. I jsut dont want to use it every day and give up my back seat. I got work and therapy to 7:30 at night Wed and Thurs so building this would have to be Friday night and Saturday (along with other shit I gotta do for the show.

Would the bigger box get more DB's cause this really wont be for everyday use so I want to use all the space I have. :bigthumb:

THe links on the page dont work for me, I get some type of security error.

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? Audiobahn18s's Avatar
    Same here, Some firewall thing.:rolleyes:

Ok, it works now:bigthumb:
    Last edited by Audiobahn18s; 06-03-2003 at 10:33 PM.

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    not working(the links on the page)
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

some of the links are so old they don't work anymore, you might want to read the whole post...somewhere they have a redirect for the links

My MySpace Page

Search Button Mod BlazerINtheWork's Avatar
    Originally posted by SoLoudItHtz
    some of the links are so old they don't work anymore, you might want to read the whole post...somewhere they have a redirect for the links
    found some of the redirects on page 23, but those don't work either. so no links work............:(
    Originally posted by Baggd2DaXtreeme
    anyone who posts regularly and doesnt donate is a freeloader.
    Quote Originally Posted by banginjimmy(in reference to BlazinLow) View Post
    There are those times where its simply better than real life
    4 Door Love

hmmm try asking the guys who have archived that for what you need

My MySpace Page