This was posted by AirNavy on SSF...

Okay as some of you have noticed, sometimes when you ask a question it can take a few days to get a good response that actually addresses the info you are looking for. There are a few things you can do to help speed up that response time and they are:

- If your question involves a specific piece of gear and you have a model number for it, post a link to some technical specs on it.

- If you are looking for suggestions on what would be compatable together like what kind of amp to get, tell us what kind of speakers/subs you plan on running off it.

- If you are just looking for some general guidance on a system, tell us approx. how much you want to spend and what final outcome you are looking for, i.e. sound quality, SPL or just an all around well-balanced system.

Basically the more info you give upfront, the quicker you will get feedback from all of us out here. The most important things you can give us are a budget, tech specs and outcome expectations.

All of the above also applies to alarm or other general sound/security type questions..... Help us help you...

This part was from Tempe...

If you have read my replies (how can you miss them? ), you will see that I tend to write a novel on each one. You might wonder why I write so much. If I were to reply to your post with minimal effort and you were to mess up on your install because of that, you would probably become upset with me. With that in mind, I try to be as complete as possible when relaying information to you. Now I ask that you do the same for me and everyone else here at S-SeriesForum.Com: (respectively changed from s10forum.com)

When you decide to post, you obviously need a question answered. I would assume you want it answered as quickly as possible. If your original post is missing information, then additional replies by you will be required until the person/people helping you can come up with a final answer.

When writing your post, please try to be as specific as possible, including:

-Please list brand/model number whenever possible.

-If you are asking about adding something to your system, please list your existing setup.

-If you are asking for subwoofer suggestions, please answer EACH of the following questions:

Is your truck standard or extended cab?

What are the exact measurements of the area you plan to use for the enclosure?

The Subwoofer's
Thiele/Small Parameters

-Would you prefer sealed, ported, or bandpass?

-What is your budget (if applicable)?

-What is the make/model number of the amplifier you have/plan to buy?

I will list other questions as I think of themů Thanks for your help!

Tempe