Thread: Summer Checklist

Summer Checklist

Lets see if I can actually get off my ass and do shit to my car this summer. Just throwing out some ideas that I hope to get done, some sooner than others. I defently want to try and get this done before I leave for school.

1. Fix my electrical problem. Figure out where the hell it wrong
    2. Fix my starting problem. I checked that thing under the vortec cover and there was no fuel or oil sitting in the bottom (been sitting for a day or 2)
    3. Get rid of all the squeaks in my car
    4. Dynamat or the Peal and seal shit from home depot.
    5. Wire my truck up for an amp for the highs.
    6. Upgrade to high quality RCA's or get the symbollink system.
    7. Rewire all my switched in my dash.
    8. Make insers for my dash.
    9. Fix the teares corner in my leather seat (driver)
    10. take off the tailgate, shave all the stuff using the welder at my dads shop, flush mounting my amp in there to safe space and look better, prime it in the painting section of the shop.
    11. shave the antenna. Maybe the door handles. Figure out a way attach my rack that I can shave the holes but still use it. Figure out a way to shave the pissers and mount of of the sqirters on the wiper arm thing
    12. Maybe add a port to my box
    13. Either strip my truck down to the metal or al least jsut to he old primer, primer the entire thing using a gravity fed gun and paint it there. Its jsut gonna take longer to do it because i will to color sand the entire truck over again. My btohers firend painted his car at my dad shop and he had to sand his car down beacue of all the dust.
    14. maybe get now rims
    15. fix all the little problems
    16. Maybe mold the front end together
    17 maybe take off the stripes on theback window
    18. Maybe come up with a new design for vinyl
    19. Come up wiht a paint scheme that I cna do myself. Thinking either a pearl black with some kind of graphics or stipes like they are now, maybe thicker.
    Viper blue or the extreme blue/indigo with the same choice in graphic or stripes
    two tone with some sort or easy free flowing graphic (tribal or gothic) design separating them

your gonna be a busy guy if you try to do all that lol
    93 sdime
    *factory hunter green 4.3 v6
    FOR SALE!!!!!
    Suspension: 3/4 drop soon to be 5/6
    Interior: Custom carpteing and blowthru to cap custom blue leather seats.
    System: Sony MX610 cd player, infinity kappa 60.5cs components, custom fiberglassed kick panels.

Originally posted by 17+new2the_game
    your gonna be a busy guy if you try to do all that lol
    um ya what he said, hope it works out good:bigthumb:
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    :rolleyes:

Ba - bup - pa pa da dang ga dang dang yi dip ti ta dip - blue moon

shoo be do wop!

Just picture your grandparents "bumping uglies" in the back seat of a 57 chevy

good luck viper blue is a nice color! maybe do some metallic silver stripes or maybe no stripes. i think it would look good one solid color... thats just my opionion and my 2 cents,
    1997 Blazer LS 4x4, 18 In. Boss Motorsport 303 Wheels, Toyo Proxie S/T Tires, Dual Exhaust, No Cat, Descreened MAF, Underglow, Future Mods: Goomark Hood, CAI, Hypertech, and alot of other goodies...

bass is a addiction! addiction2bass's Avatar
    o ya thats ALOT OF WORK..... good luck tho. just take it one day at a time. maybe in acouple years youll be done.
    tho some of your ideas i just dont get? remove the roof rack but still use it?????
    also j/w what are those hinges on your front bumper for????????

and i think that solid viper blue pearl would look tight as hell. i painted my old 66impala viper blue pearl and it turned out GREAT! definatly turned heads. to bad most the time it was a cops head.....LOL i want to give my truck alot beter paint job but think im gonna stick with about the same color so i dont have to do a full strip down job. so ill probably get a high metalic pearl
    1997 C1500 extended cab, 4/6drop, helper bags almost to low.
    2 15mtx 8500s behind my head.

Right now I took off my roof rack but left the holes. I go skiing alot during the winter so I need the roof rack on. I tried it once witht he skiis in the car but it's too much of a hassle trying to dry it completly before I put them inside.

THe hidges were for my license plate. I didnt want to mount it anywhere else so I put hinges and hung the license plater there for a while. It was like and inch off the ground so it always got fucked up so i moved it.

Most of the shit is jsut stupid little stuff thats been pissing me off.

I was fucked up last night and I dont have the best memory so I was just writing down the ideas before I forgot them. The big thing I really want to do is paint my truck. I was gonna do all the body work my self or witht he help of some friends. My dad has a ghetto paint shop in the back of his work (a 2 gun setup but jsut a tarp dividing it form the rest of the shop) My brother and his freidn did his car in the back there. It came out decent, just alot of dust. I'm trying to figure out if I want to do all that work or maybe I can find someone to do it cheap. plus if I do it my self, I'm not sure with the color change, having to do all those extra areas.

bass is a addiction! addiction2bass's Avatar
    ya thats why im not changing my full color just maybe adding alot of metalic and pearl.
    my dads got the full paint shop, we got the full blower on the floor, filters in the ceiling and a massive folding door. but hes gotta get some new filters. and everytime you paint it helps if you spray the whole area down with water. walls/floor. it helps keep down alot of the dust. but we gotta find something beter as filters for the shop ceiling part since fiberglass filters do work ok but you still got that dust and fibers coming down.. its not to bad but you know how painting imperfection are.... that little hair gets realy big when finished.LOL
    1997 C1500 extended cab, 4/6drop, helper bags almost to low.
    2 15mtx 8500s behind my head.

Just got 4x6s and man do they make a difference. I got rid of those damn harsh tweeters. Right now I'm all about saving for rims. I'm desing to say screw the paint job, I can live with it I guess. I have a new idea though. Fiberglassing doesn't seem hard to do, so I might try to do some interior stuff.

I want to try to make new door pannels, fiberglass and paint on the bottom and leather or suede lining with some sort or 3d image in it (flames, or tribal stuff) Make a wooden ennclose for the 4 x6s. Smoothen up the dash. Make a fiberglass box and maybe those plastic piecse in the back with fiber glass.

Firber glassing is just basically getinng th rough shape, stretching an old t-shirt over it, "painting: in the fibberglass or laying it in like it was bondo or what ever. And sand sand sandsand ans more sanding right? Mostly just labor intensive?

Defently gonna add some sort of sound deading stuff. Whats the stuff at Home depot called? "Peal and seal"?

I wanna try and get side skirt to ditch the running boards.