Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2/3 drop on 4x4

2/3 drop on 4x4

i want to do a 2/3 drop on my 4x4.. i was wondering what i would need to buy and how much would it be.. also how hard is it to do this drop on a 4x4? thanks.

Take the adjuster bolts out of the front of the vehilce, get 3 inch drop blocks for the rear. 2/3.. Not very difficult to do at all...
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

what adjuster bolts?can u lower the front 2 inches using just some bolt????
    NEW RIDE 89 s10 std cab shortbed 2.5 5 speed 2WD slammed 6/5
    90 4x4 2dr, primer, 18's, 4.3, rollpan, 6/6 slam, SOLD
    The only ford i would drive is a courier!

BMXR - I mean no disrespect in this reply, but you need to go out and get yourself a Haynes manual from Autozone or Pep Boys or somewhere and read up on the suspension and other aspects of your vehicle. I've read a number of your posts, and while I commend you wanting to drop your vehicle and improve its looks, its obviously that you're relatively new to the sport truck scene.. But hey, we were all new at one time, you have to start somewhere, so go out and get yourself a Haynes or Chilton manual, read thru it, crawl under your truck and learn the parts.. The more parts of the truck you know, the easier it will be for us to describe how and what to do to improve the looks and/or appearance of your truck.. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.. Good luck! :bigthumb:

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.

ok i will do that, since it will save everyone some time, and ya i'm kinda new to the truck scene, i knew stuff i coudl do, but i never really got in depth till a few weeks ago. About how much are those manuals?

The manuals I believe are like 15 to 20 bucks, but worth every cent because they have step by step instructions on everything from brake changes to engine removal.. I use mine still to this day, theres always more to learn!

CLonInG IN ProgReSS (ha) JuStBlAzIN's Avatar
    chiltons on ebay run for 7bux. they are the ones that the deals sell. also droping a 4x4 is very simple. first of all what size tires are u running, or plan on running?
    "Fords are like tampons, every pussy has one!"

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

i'm getting new ones, i believe they are 205 70 r15's or they might be 205 65 r 15's i don't remember which one

what kind of rims? u should be okay droping it 2 inches. i was thinking that u were gonna keep the stock 235/75r15's.

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

the rims are stock, right now i have 235/70r15's, but like i said i'm going smaller to a 205/65r15

yea u will be able to pull it off. i mean try to un screw the bolt if it dosen't work then u can either cut the x-member or do the t-bar trick.

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

do u have a pics of where this screw is located, and how low can it go by just unscrewing this screw???????

Originally posted by bmxr4life87
    do u have a pics of where this screw is located, and how low can it go by just unscrewing this screw???????
    Dud u got to look and observe your ride. take a 3 hrs and just go around and look. the bolt that holds that adjusts the t-bar keys is held on by a block. look under your truck(by the the end of your door) and u will see a cross member, and the bolts will be there. use a 18mm(i don't remember) socket, and unscrew it, see how low you go. then after that let us know ho wlow it went. so we can help you out better.

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

hey, saw this thread as i was reading around on the site...

i too am new to trucks. now, i get where this bolt is (just follow the x-member & its behind the wheel?) but, am i just supposed to un-bolt it & leave it unattached? sounds un safe to me. what will happen if its not bolted in? i'm sure GM put a bolt there for a reason....

and will i need an alignment after i do this?

thanks
    the newbie....
    91 s10 blazer 4x4. need to drop it!!!

no, they don't mean drop them out all the way, those screws are a good 3inches long, they mean loosen them up where they are almost all the way out, so they are sticking out!!!!!