Thread: Jimmy to Blazer front end swap __

Jimmy to Blazer front end swap __

Okay, i just got a 00 Jimmy 2 weeks ago, i was looking at getting an xtreme blazer, but i was having a hard enough time finding a 2 door blazer at all, so I just got this. I really like the chevy front end, with the seperate headlight and turn signal, compared to just one piece. Can I switch to the chevy front end easily? I searched but couldnt find much on it, has it been covered elsewhere? Thanks

Here's a pic of my Jimmy, completely stock, but that will soon be changed

Is that a 4x4 Jimmy? Kinda funny...most people want the Jimmy look cuz it's better than the Chevy look..lol

Do you live in Canada or the US..cuz in Canada we don't have the Blaz Xs, but there's lots in the states.

Nate
    Last edited by Audiodogg; 06-02-2003 at 10:17 PM.

Beer,Its whats for dinner Paraquat's Avatar
    yea I kinda like the way that looks. But its not custom that way, hehe. I also like the older jimmy front end with the narrow headlights, but I'm a lazy bum.
    Why 2 door? Wheres the 4 door love?
    is that moonroof? I'm jealous.

--Steve
    I hate my truck.

Its a 2 door Jimmy. I really like the chevy look, dont know why, i just dont like the GMC style. I live in the US. When I was looking for a blazer x, a couple of weeks ago, i could not find 1 on ebay or on autotrader, and i wanted one that was fairly cheap, so i could have more money for mods.
    I like the way the 2 doors looked over the 4 doors, i am planning on lowering mine(bags, MAYBE) and i think 2 doors look better bagged on 20s than 4 doors
    yes it is a sunroof, but my dumbass friend broke it(long story) but it is getting fixed, and he is paying for it

00 GMC Jimmy

ok to answer his questions. you just need a s10 bumper, lower valance, grill parking lights and headlights. you should be set with the s10 front end. :) :bigthumb:
    Im2Drunk2C: well bro i gotta run, work time
    Im2Drunk2C: later
    B o I k 2 0: alright
    B o I k 2 0: before you go tho
    B o I k 2 0: I love you
    Im2Drunk2C: awwww
    Im2Drunk2C: <3

bass is a addiction! addiction2bass's Avatar
    ya i personaly like the jimmy looks beter. i hate those lights one the newer jimmies! its just that lower yellow part i HATE.
    i was thinking about a sunroof BUT i heard that with a sub roof you get lower SPL numbers. and im going more stereo than anything!!!!!! so im keepen out the sunroof. but i can still do ALOT of more mods. im not sure what to do next. either shave doors handles, or maybe start buying the ground effect kit piece by piece starting off with the front bumper and moving my way back.
    1997 C1500 extended cab, 4/6drop, helper bags almost to low.
    2 15mtx 8500s behind my head.

So is it a 2wheel drive or 4 wheel drive? It looks really high for a 2wd Jimmy. My '98 4x4 4dr sits WAY lower stock.

Nate

Originally posted by Boink
    ok to answer his questions. you just need a s10 bumper, lower valance, grill parking lights and headlights. you should be set with the s10 front end. :) :bigthumb:
    thanks, thats what i thought but just wanted to make sure

Yeah, sunroof will lower your SPL scores a bit, but I dont plan on being a huge competitor, but i do plan on having a huge system.

Its a 2 wheel drive. I thought it sat kind of high too, but im not sure, but i should be grateful, last weekend i was over a girls house and i left around 4 and had my lights off, and i was driving across a yard to get to a street cause its easier to get out of her neighborhood that way, and i didnt really look where i was going, and fucking climbed a big ass rock, i backed up off of it and checked out the car, perfectly fine, any lower and i wouldve ripped that plastic valence clean off

00 GMC Jimmy

Big Swole
    when u do the swap i will buy ur front end from you man. just gimme a price
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?ProfileID=26463

We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks. . . we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall victim to 'the norm'. Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done. --Wyatt Strange

Big Swole
    when u do the swap i will buy ur front end from you man. just gimme a price

We have become part of something much more complicated than you or I will ever fully comprehend. We build more than just trucks. . . we build friendships, we build futures, we build our dreams. We drive our trucks low and hold our heads high because we have an unwritten and unspoken agreement that we will live life to the fullest and never fall victim to 'the norm'. Others laugh at us when we spend hours on end working on our trucks, yet shake our hands when we are done. --Wyatt Strange

Beer,Its whats for dinner Paraquat's Avatar
    When you do the swap, ill buy that grill 96blazin
    mchewey was supposed to get me one but I havn't heard from him in a while?
    That is, if it doesn't have the fade marks at the edge of the hood and fender.
    and if thats composite, because im blind as hell

--Steve
    I hate my truck.

Big Swole
    its composite. but the chrome has faded. so thats why im either doin the front end swap or just buying a new grill for mine. i will give u the grill if u pay shipping if i do the swap but im sure u r looking for one thats not faded

i'll buy the jimmy front end from you jus give me a price