Thread: Lowering help!!!!!!

X Blazin

Lowering help!!!!!!

I was wondering if this would be a good setup to drop a 2001 Blazer X. I just want it to sit alot lower than stock without investing too much into my work truck if you know what i mean.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33586
    No Fat Chicks Truck will Scrape!!!

Yeah can just go buy 3" springs, but you'll only go 1.5" more in the front, whereas you'll go down another 4" in the rear. Your Blazer is lowered via springs up front and leaf springs out back. So you need to buy drop spindles to get another 2" ON TOP of your current drop, along with 2-3" blocks out back.

GM already lowered the vehicles the cheap way, so saving a ton of money, well you're at a loss.

Nate

X Blazin
    Shit....ok that's the way i'll have to do it then....Thanks man.

X Blazin
    How would 2" spindles look with 4 inch blocks?

That'd be a 3.5" drop up front, and 5.5" out back..you'd want to stick with a 3" block unless your going to replace the stock springs with 3" drop coil to get that extra 1.5" drop, then you'd still be better off going with 3" drop leafs (or having yours de-arched) and going with a 3" blocks.

I don't really like 4" blocks, they just always seem the cheap way out, and just don't seem that safe. 3" is the highest I'd go.

If you want LOW, then you need 2" drop spindles/3" drop coils (front) 3" drop leafs and 2-3" drop block for out back and a small notch for the frame.

That's run you around $400-550 I think, just depends on where you buy it.

Nate

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    yep i just paid 500 shipped for my drop 2 inch spring, spindles, leaf springs and blocks.

IVE DROpped over 25 blazer xs to date so here we go

98 UP BLAZERS USE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SPINDLE THAN A S10!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need bel-2102 from summit racing and the block bel-6202 is what i use.

NOW with a 2 inch spindle and 4 inch block back will be lower than front. i used a 4 inch block 2 ears no now probs.

also on some blazer xs ive pulled 3rd leaf out and put in a 2 inch block and the ride is smoother id say.

im at a 5.5/7 drop on our blazer x with a notch.
    REMEM

01 BLAZER X 5.5/7 Drop 19x8 BC Blaster 5, 255/40/19 Falkens, and a few other things

02 SONOMA, Envoy front, Center console shifter, full power leather heated seats, 19X8, 19X10 BC Savages, 245 40 19 and 295 35 19 Michelins, and a fully built v6 going in.

OLD TRUCK
    98 S10 SS 75 Shot 13.3@102 1.84 60 foot time, Bagged, full leather, and lots of street races under the belt lol

SEE ALL MY TRUCKS AT
    WWW.N20NOMA.COM

For all your part numbers needed for belltech equipment, check out the sticky thread at the top of the Metal Drops Forum...
    LT1/4L60E/Shaved handles, emblems, antenna/5-4 Drop/16" Xtreme Wheels.

In 1095, Pope Urban II commanded the beginning of the most heinous period ever documented: The Crusades. While killing over 100,000 Turks in 1098, the Christians "did no other harm to the women found in [the enemy's] tents - save that they ran their lances through their bellies," according to Christian chronicler Fulcher of Chartres.