Thread: Engine problems, help!

Unhappy Engine problems, help!

So I get in my Bravada last night, start her up, and I get this weird whining noise coming from the engine compartment. I figured it was something not too important (it'd live for the next 12 hours at least) and kept driving. I noticed that as I was crusing down the road, if I went from 20% part throttle to light throttle, I would get a 'bucking', as if the motor is totally misfiring. Today, the bucking is worse. The sound is still there. Last time I drove the truck was a few days ago, and my girl has been driving it between then and now. Any ideas? I'm worried :( :( :(
    RX7: 1, Carjacker: 0

-I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns, that would necessitate an entire rack.

- Lowered Bravada, Custom Intake, 2.5" manifold-back exhaust featuring flowmastes 50 series muffler, Pioneer CG CD, Pioneer in the dash and doors, RF PunchZ 12's 600W Kenwood Amp, Green neon in and out, 5% tint. 3/3 drop, 96 Z28 rims, bridgestone rubber.
    -RX7 Twin Turbo, H&R springs, Apex Twin Intake, 3" Stainless Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Bomz FSTB, Custom RSTB w/3-point harness provisions, Sparco harnesses, Walbro 255lph in-tank pump, FEED Engine torque brace, FEED CF Sideskirts, R1 Lip spoiler, Apex Fully-Auto Turbo Timer, DEFI boost gauge with custom steering column gauge pod, Custom made 6061 aluminum pedals and passenger foot well plate, Shaved Bose stereo, Infinity Basslink sub, '03 Mazda 6-CD In-Dash changer, Mazda Reman motor, ACT Clutch, 99 Spec taillights, Mazdaspeed 15th anniversary wing, flawless Montego Blue Mica color-changing paint (and it still doesn't win awards!)

Oh no!!! Update: My girl dropped me off at work this morning, and headed toward her work.. then the truck died!!!! shit! She can start it if she keeps the pedal down, but as soon as it goes back down to idle it stalls.

HELP!!!!!!

-I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns, that would necessitate an entire rack.

- Lowered Bravada, Custom Intake, 2.5" manifold-back exhaust featuring flowmastes 50 series muffler, Pioneer CG CD, Pioneer in the dash and doors, RF PunchZ 12's 600W Kenwood Amp, Green neon in and out, 5% tint. 3/3 drop, 96 Z28 rims, bridgestone rubber.
    -RX7 Twin Turbo, H&R springs, Apex Twin Intake, 3" Stainless Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Bomz FSTB, Custom RSTB w/3-point harness provisions, Sparco harnesses, Walbro 255lph in-tank pump, FEED Engine torque brace, FEED CF Sideskirts, R1 Lip spoiler, Apex Fully-Auto Turbo Timer, DEFI boost gauge with custom steering column gauge pod, Custom made 6061 aluminum pedals and passenger foot well plate, Shaved Bose stereo, Infinity Basslink sub, '03 Mazda 6-CD In-Dash changer, Mazda Reman motor, ACT Clutch, 99 Spec taillights, Mazdaspeed 15th anniversary wing, flawless Montego Blue Mica color-changing paint (and it still doesn't win awards!)

No one knows??

Well, it's already been towed home, so i guess I'll figure it out tonight...

Maybe someone on S-Series has some idea. :rolleyes:

its hard to tell without seeing and driving the truck , but what you have said so far if i had to start somewhere i would check the Cat. Converter (if clouged up could do the same as you described).

good luck
    LOOK HERE~~~~~>>My Body Drop Pics<<~~~~~

***** " Imports are like PUSSY's Every BITCH has one " *****

Ah, thank you for the reply! The exhaust is relatively new (including the cat) but I will check that.
    So a bad cat could prevent idle, but allow it to run with the gas pressed?

Diagnosis - Fuel pump is bad, causing problems under load conditions. Whining noise caused by bad water pump bearing.