Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy needin some questions answered.

X Blazin

New guy needin some questions answered.

Hey guys....i was wonering what all i would need to do airbags on a 2001 X Blaze.....i've got one X already bagged but it was already done when i bought it.....i've never done this before.....i know i've got to have the kit (i want f,b,s,s) and the brackets but what else do i need? such as do you have to have drop spindles or can you do it without them? and do you have to do a 4 link or can you just do a C-notch? I'm using stock 16" X wheels for now maybe a set of 17's later but i don't think i'll go bigger than that.
    No Fat Chicks Truck will Scrape!!!

So you want a complete kit which'll have all hardware, tank(s), compressor(s), probably have 2 batteries for your trucks, if you also have a stereo it's a good idea anyways. With drop spindles you'll sit lower up front, so you may as well do it right the first time around.

When it comes to a 4 link vs. just a leaf/block/bag setup..you can't compare. Do it right with the 4link and be able to lay out completely. You'll need a bit more than just a c-notch also, but it'll depend on if you want to cut your truck (rear cargo area) or not..

Why the hell so many X's? You get them cheap or something?

Nate

X Blazin
    the first X was the stock one (which i'm just usin for a daily driver), the second was the bagged one cuz i liked my first one and i found this one pretty cheap, and the last one i bought the other day at an auction. it was a rollover and i gave $300 for it, interior was perfect and it had low low miles so i thought what the hell why not get it

what would it do if i didn't use spindles or a 4 link? i just want a smooth ride with a big drop
    No Fat Chicks Truck will Scrape!!!

If you don't use spindles then your frontend wont lay down as good..it's a 2" difference from laying out sometimes..just depends on wheel/tires size etc.

With a 4link the ride will be better than a block/leaf combo and you'll be able to lay the frame out in the back. With a block/leaf setup, you most likely wont lay even though I've seen it come VERY close before..and partially laying out before.

A 4link is just the right way, and when spindles are only a couple hundred more..well with what you spend on bags and stuff it's not much more to add on.

Nate

Ur Neighborhood Rockstar XtremelySlammed's Avatar
    If you dont 4 link the rear end, your going to also have to run sleeve bags in the rear from what im told... I would suggest getting drop spindals up front for sure.. you could live with a 3 inch notch in the rear but deffintly wont lay out.. thats going to require some serious modifications to the entire rear end of the truck ...
    Belive The Hype.... It's Coming...

02 Blazer X, Draggin on 22's (LEASNIT) .... 94 Blazer 4x4, Shaved beater (PAIDFOR) .... 95 Sunfire, Dropped on 18's.... 04 CRF Fiddy, Joker Big Bar kit, 12 bar, stunt pegs .... Santa Cruz Powerlyte, Independent Trucks, 54mm sidecuts .... Specialized 415, 3 peice crank, front n rear pegs ....

No..you can use any type of bag you want in the rear. Sleeves are just a bit easier I believe...but I've seen both used.

Nate

No the sleeve bags used on light duty trucks are rated less than a 2500 or 2600 # bag. That makes them ride smoother because they are designed to support a lighter load. I personally like real bags myself but it's your truck...
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

Originally posted by Dragginblazer
    I personally like real bags myself but it's your truck...
    I guess all the semi trucks on the road running sleeve bags are running imaginary bags then...:confused:

Popularity of an item does not override function.

Ever used regular sleeve bags on a lever setup? They don't work too well.
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dragginblazer
    Ever used regular sleeve bags on a lever setup? They don't work too well. [/QUOTE

Ever do anything correctly ?
    If you learn to read and understand the bag's specs, you will then understand what bag to use where.
    They don't work well in a lever system because the spring rate is not high enough.
    Last edited by IRSd_mini; 07-01-2003 at 09:15 PM.
    Larry
    www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    AirRide, KP, MIC, SMC, Parker, Viair... I sell all the good stuff.

I'm talking about the bag flexing.

What are the differances in spring rates at 50 psi between a 2600 and the sleeve bag your talking about?
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

Originally posted by Dragginblazer
    I'm talking about the bag flexing.

What are the differances in spring rates at 50 psi between a 2600 and the sleeve bag your talking about?
    It's about 50% at 100 psi. So a 2600 mounted on a lever at around 2:1 ratio would be equal to a F9000 at 1:1.
    Larry
    www.innovativeairsuspension.com
    AirRide, KP, MIC, SMC, Parker, Viair... I sell all the good stuff.

Whats the differance at 50 psi? Who drives at 100 psi in the rear anyways?
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

Semi's use both types of bag just to clear that up..lol Take it up in PM if you 2 are just going to argue over Airbagin' a ride.

Nate

Yes but mainly sleeve bags.
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer