Thread: Need Info on Stock Rears...

Banned

Need Info on Stock Rears...

I need to know about some gear ratio's.. Ive got a 82' S10 rear that was stock 2.0 or 2.2 motor with a 4spd trans, then a 86' S10 stock with 2.5 and 4spd trans, and also a S-Blazer rear with a stock 2.5 with 4spd trans, so say that these chunks have never been changed.... What will their gear ratio's be... 3.08 maybe?

Glove box. The codes are a sticky. If you don't have the vehicles anymore, only way to tell is to pull the cover off and check.

Theres usually numbers stamped on the ring gear.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    There is an identification code on the passenger side axle tube. Tell me what numbers you got and I'll see if I can find out for you.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    Forgot to add....

But a 1986 S-10 with a manual transmission... I'll be willing to bet it's a GM 10-bolt with a 7.5'' ring gear with 3.42 gears.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

Banned
    Everyone has been telling me if its a 4spd trans with a 4cyl factory it'll be 3.08, so i guess ill pull the covers off and check out the numbers stamped on the ring gear and pinion...
    3.08 - 40-13
    3.23 - 42-13
    3.42 - 41-12
    3.73 - 41-11