Thread: Hatch Jammed NOOO!

The Baby Seal Says: drewdaddyblazin's Avatar

Hatch Jammed NOOO!

I got a 96 blazer and somehow my rear hatch window got jammed. The motor still works, i can hear it everytime i press the open button. It makes the same noise as it does when it is locked. So what im thinking is the lock isnt disengageing from the hatch... How should i go about fixing this? I got back there once and tried to take off the gate cover, but at the ends i couldnt get it to disconnect, and i didnt want to force it cause i didnt want to break it... Any help would be nice!

-Drew

87blazer
    take it to the dealership. They should be able to fix it for u

i dont know about your blazer, because i have a 1st-gen blazer, but mine used to make a buzzing sound when i pressed it, and not work. I replaced the fuse and it worked fine after that.:bigthumb:

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    Maybe it dosn't have enough push to open it. Have somone pull on the window while you push the button...
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

Ok ill check the fuse, and see if its goofing up or something... Does anyone know how in the hell to get that gate cover off? I can get it off half way, but something towards the end wont pop off and i dont want to force it cause it will break...

Thanks for the ideas guys!

Beer,Its whats for dinner Paraquat's Avatar
    Use a BFS
    Big Fucking Screwdriver
    Mine did something similar, it was an internal short and it started getting voltage, so it buzzed for like a second, but grounded off at the same time so it didn't do much.
    It was under warrenty, so I didn't fuck with it.

--Steve
    I hate my truck.

hey guys, sorry to bring back such an old thread, but my neighbor has a 2nd gen 4-door that is having the same problem. the rear hatch is jammed shut. the popper works (you can hear it click and release when you push the button) so i don't think it's a fuse/ground/electrical problem, and the window and tailgate don't look off track or anything.

drewdaddyblazin - how did you ever get yours fixed? what did it turn out to be?

any advice greatly appreciated!

oh i got mine fixed my self! OK its kinda hard but get inside the truck and bring a long screw driver, then when you are in the back, take off the handle that releases the tail gate. Now since you done this, you should be able to pull the plastic tail gate back about 3 inches, be very careful you dont break it... Now here comes the hard part, take the long screw driver and you will have to play around with that latch assembly, if it wasnt rainning id go out in take pics, so that will have to wait till tomorrow. If you play around back there enough, you will notice an arm pulls the latch sideways, there is someting you will have to push down on back there. If you dont understand what im saying, its ok, wait till i get some pics and ill show you what im talking about. This whole thing will take like 30 secs to pop open, you just gotta find the right thing to push on. The reason why its not opening is because the arm has a little bitty plastic finger the pulls the latch back... im like, i guess chevy wanted this to break so you would have to come in to the dealership to get it fixed... you wont be able to find another plastic finger real easy, so i just used a paper clip... lol... it hasnt came off in like 5 months so i would say the clip works... lol Ill get pics asap

drew:smoker:
    (08:25:41 PM) AndySeals355: shes one of those jesus loves everyone types lol
    (08:25:42 PM) Zachary188: when she's ontop you'll have the cross necklace hitting you in the face!
    (08:25:49 PM) AndySeals355: LMFAO

interesting... thx!

mine jammed before and BlazinBue has the right idea..it just had to be pulled on while someone is pushing the button