Thread: cylinder boring???

Question cylinder boring???

can anyone give me info on boring the cylinders? i have an 00 BLAZER. how many c.i. will it put me at? how many liters? how much horsepower increase? torque?.... any other info would be great. and also, how much will it cost? Thanks!!
    on my way to the cover of magazines

Slow Ride

?

First question is what kind of engine?

i have the 4.3L 262 c.i.

Slow Ride

Questions

I don't think boring is the right thing to do.

The price to horsepower is too high.

Add bolt on performance stuff like headers,exhaust, ignition, air/fuel delivery enhancers and a chip.

If big ponies is what you are after a V-8 is the way to go. The price involved is high but you never said what the budget is. Check out all of the sites in the V-8 s-series web ring and the last edition of HOTROD magazine.

If you need more help on deciding what speed parts you want to add just keep posting. We'll help you.

well, I have a list of what I am going to do --

JBA headers
    Gibson exhaust
    (I think Gibson) high flow Cat
    Hypertech Power programmer
    MSD ignition
    Flex-a-Lite electric fan
    Power-aide Throttle Body spacer
    still debating over Airaid, K&N, and SLP intake system

but of course I'm sparing no expenses when it comes to my car. Like I say, Im on my way to the cover of magazines.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    Go with AIRAID! I think it's the best for your engine, and if you really have a big buget and you want it fast I would sugest my best friend... THE BOTTLE! N.O.S.! I've seen a s10 with about the same setup your going for w/ NOS and he ran 'bout high 10's I SH*T YOU NOT and he has a biga$$ STEREO TOO. I think i saw it on TNN - "TRUCKS" is the show. I'll rewatch the vid. If i can find it and I will get back with you on the bits and piceses.
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

yeah, i'll get NOS as the last thing for my car (after supercharger). yeah, and i was going for airaid. but i heard the K&N box keeps the air cooler. then i saw the slp intake, and it says that it is cold air. but i checked it out and i doubt it is. it looks nice though -- with its double filters. then there is volant that says they have cool air, but i don't know. i want a true cold air (with the intercooler and stuff). anyways, yeah. i got 2 pioneer 12's pro series (800W each), and have the in dash dvd player sitting in my room for 3 months waiting for the master unit! :mad: :mad: