Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Big Images* Problems with the Drop on my 2000 Blazer

*Big Images* Problems with the Drop on my 2000 Blazer

Ok I dropped my 2000 Blazer using the following

Front: 3" Belltech Coils, 2" Spindles, Drop Shocks
    Rear: 3" Belltech Leafs, 2" Angled Blocks, Drop Shocks

I knew it was going to be close to bottoming out, but I had no Idea I was actually sitting on the Bumpstop.

Anyways, last night a friend and I didn't have anything to do so we decided to cut off the Bump stop brackets. We were figuring it would make it ride better. We could not have been more wrong

Now I can not drive over 15mph without the rear end bottoming metal to metal so hard it feels like its going to break a wheel or a shock mount or something .

I thought a lot of you just cut off the Bump stops and didn't have a C-notch....

So now my ride is pretty much undrivable till I find a shop that can trust to C-notch it...

Here is a few pics after the surgery....

Any suggestions on what I can do till I notch it..
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

drill a hole above the rear end an d screw in a rubber bumpstop?
    2009 ford fusion
    1997 bagged and body dropped suburban
    2003 yamaha road star warrior
    still got the 4 Door Love

Can you tell where it's hitting? Is it axel to frame? It could be the top of the differential hitting the floorboard. Mine was smacking something in front of the gas tank so I moved it back a little with a hammer. Also did you reroute the brake line on top of the diff?
    For Etched Glass Trophies And Gifts!
    visit www.VictoryGraphix.com

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    go get some big pump stops and drill put them on your frame directly over the axle, (like pack said) that will give the most travel possible and still keep from bottoming out

Originally posted by Victor Star
    Can you tell where it's hitting? Is it axel to frame? It could be the top of the differential hitting the floorboard. Mine was smacking something in front of the gas tank so I moved it back a little with a hammer. Also did you reroute the brake line on top of the diff?

Well I can't see it, but it sounds like it on each side... I guess, it could be in the middle.... I'll check more on that tonight...

As far as the Brake lines I'm pretty sure that was done back when we dropped it, months ago..

thaks for the responses I hope to work on it some more tonight.. I'll post updates

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT DO THAT if you have any more questions please ask me

1) now you will bottom out even more
    2) i bet your rear end came down more now may be lower than the front
    3) here is out notch
    Last edited by N20 NOMA; 07-17-2003 at 09:25 PM.
    01 BLAZER X 5.5/7 Drop 19x8 BC Blaster 5, 255/40/19 Falkens, and a few other things

02 SONOMA, Envoy front, Center console shifter, full power leather heated seats, 19X8, 19X10 BC Savages, 245 40 19 and 295 35 19 Michelins, and a fully built v6 going in.

OLD TRUCK
    98 S10 SS 75 Shot 13.3@102 1.84 60 foot time, Bagged, full leather, and lots of street races under the belt lol

SEE ALL MY TRUCKS AT
    WWW.N20NOMA.COM

What do you mean don't do that??? I already cut them, not like I can go back now.. :)

What year is that Blazer and where did you get the notch...

I know I need a Notch.. I just can't find one for a Blazer...

QUOTE]Originally posted by N20 NOMA
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT DO THAT if you have any more questions please ask me

1) now you will bottom out even more
    2) i bet your rear end came down more now may be lower than the front
    3) here is out notch
    [/QUOTE]

Just a though but why not install some air shocks (to keep from smacking anyway), they are fairly cheap ($55). Another thing your frame looks like you could use a reg truck notch (bolt or weld), unlike the first gen blazers which are angled a bit.
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

Originally posted by Rapid Ron
    Just a though but why not install some air shocks (to keep from smacking anyway), they are fairly cheap ($55). Another thing your frame looks like you could use a reg truck notch (bolt or weld), unlike the first gen blazers which are angled a bit.
    Air shocks might, work, but I don't want it higher, or I could just take out the drop blocks...

I'd love to use a regular S-10 Notch, there are atleast 3 or 4 good desings I have seen.. Its kinda hard to tell from my crappy pics, but If you look at the frame from like the top view, right above the axle where the Notch would go, the frame curves out some...

I think thats the problem, why no one want to make kits....

www.suicidedoors.com makes a c-notch for the blazer and it is pretty cheap
    www.nekustoms.com
    Canadian Distributor For
    ~Suicide Doors~Air-Zenith~CanDo Specialties~

info@nekustoms.com
    (403) 813-7825

Originally posted by eacyde
    www.suicidedoors.com makes a c-notch for the blazer and it is pretty cheap
    Yep, they do. It looks kick ass, and it has an affordable price, and I know Jason makes gtreat stuff, the only problem I can see is I have a 2nd gen and it fits 1st gen...

I'm thinking about ordering one anyway to see if I can bend it or something...

Just call Jason, He will tell you if it fits of not. He will probably make one for you that will fit. Its not like you are the only one in the world with a second gen blazer.:bigthumb:
    www.nekustoms.com
    Canadian Distributor For
    ~Suicide Doors~Air-Zenith~CanDo Specialties~

info@nekustoms.com
    (403) 813-7825

Originally posted by eacyde
    Just call Jason, He will tell you if it fits of not. He will probably make one for you that will fit. Its not like you are the only one in the world with a second gen blazer.:bigthumb:
    I hear ya.. I have talked to Jason.... he said he has not had a 2nd Gen Blazer to model off of...

I agree with you on the "Not the only one with a 2nd Gen Blazer"" thats why its frustrating, is becase they make everything for the S-10. There are tons of guys I see on here, other boards and shows with Blazers that want stuff... hehe I get tired of hearin myself whinin about it....

I may just call Jason and order one and see if it will fit....

The only problem is, I won't be able to tell till I try to cut it out and insert it, then if it don't fit right, or if the shape of the notch is not right for the axle and the frame, I'm screwed.

like on my blazer i lose brakes when i go up steepside ways. if you look at full tilt your rear cailiper hits the frame which makes u lose pressure. buttttttt i think for me its because of the c notch. the c notch is righy by the caliper and its thick so the back of the caliper hits it sooner. i just have to cut it and ill be fine
    01 BLAZER X 5.5/7 Drop 19x8 BC Blaster 5, 255/40/19 Falkens, and a few other things

02 SONOMA, Envoy front, Center console shifter, full power leather heated seats, 19X8, 19X10 BC Savages, 245 40 19 and 295 35 19 Michelins, and a fully built v6 going in.

OLD TRUCK
    98 S10 SS 75 Shot 13.3@102 1.84 60 foot time, Bagged, full leather, and lots of street races under the belt lol

SEE ALL MY TRUCKS AT
    WWW.N20NOMA.COM