Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flowmaster 40

Flowmaster 40

Hey,
    I read alot in here about the Flowmaster 40s for blazers,
    About how much are they and everything needed to hook it up Including any needed tubes,exhast things, clips, tips, whatever (excluding any installation fees) i'm pretty sure i could install it.

Will this make my 4.3L sound deep and powerfull or sound like a stupid 4cyl ricer ? cause if it makes it sound liike a ricer i'm straight with it, lol (no offence anyone who likes them kind of cars, some of them are ill, just don't like how they sound, sound like a go-kart).

I Want it to sound like a real truck, deep powerfull and sounding strong and stuff....You know, make it sound more powerfull then it really is to intimidate people at redlights ;) :D lol

What else besides the flowmaster can i add to make a deeper meaner truck like sound ?

What is a 'turndown' u guys always mention ? what does it do and is it worth it or with the flowmaster make it sound good enuff ?

any info appreciated,

Mike
    -MiZZiE

'89 GMC s15 4.3L 2wd. Lowered.

'88 Camaro 305v8 5spd (For Sale/Trade)
    http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100029866.html

A flowmaster 40 series muffler will cost you about 70-80 dollars....and it will not sound like a ricer. a turndown is when your tailpipe exits down towards the ground, the exhaust hitting the pavement is supposed to make it sound louder but i dont see how...i never seen it done, just heard about it.

Thanks for your reply! $70-80 is a good price, how come there is some muffler systems that cost like $200 and stuff? is the flow a bad one or something ? will it make it sound alot more powerful and mean or just a tiny bit? will it be noticable ?? i heard one of the nice chevy pickup trucks with stock (i think?) duals on it and it sounded AWSOmE!! WISH I COULD HAVE THAT SOUND!!!our dodge ram sounds VERY mean, it has duels..it sounds nice, but that sound aint coming outta a 4.3, Yet...lol.

so for the 80$ its a real nice system ?

thanks again
    mIKe
    Last edited by SDimeBlazin; 07-22-2003 at 02:30 PM.
    -MiZZiE

The Bunny Club™ CEO Blaaaaaaaaaaaze's Avatar
    $80 is for just a muffler...I'm just installing the 40 Series with my stock exhaust system

Here is a sound clip of the Flowmaster 40 ORIGINAL Series on a '91 Blazer...4.3 TBI http://home.satx.rr.com/cbzed101/flowmaster.mp3
    It's a member on this boards Blazer...CBZED101

And also, a lot of guys will back me up on this, If you want a nice sounding Flowmaster make sure you go with the 40 Original Series...NOT THE DELTA!

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    yea i have heard not hing but bad things about the deltas. From them sounding odd and high pitched to being no louder than stock. But a 40 series on a blazer sounds pretty good IMO and imma v8 man but the 4.3 sound pretty good

Now That sounds nice, thanks for the clip, i was just about to ask if anyone had any sound clips, you beat me too it, thanks!

From hearing that, i'm definetly going w/ the flowmaster 40 original.

Heres my next question, besides the $80 muffler, what else do i need? obviously i need bigger/better exhast & pipes right? how much do they go for , to fit a 1st gen 2door ?

is that ALL i need, muffler and pipes or do i need alot more ? please fill me in cause i'm new to this but hope to learn alot more.

Any other advice wanted.

I like this place already.

mike
    -MiZZiE

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    you can go to a muffler shop and get them to put the flow master on your stock pipes just inplace of you old muffler and it shouldnt cost a wholelot. B/c getting a whole cat back exhuast might be a lil pricey

yeah just get the muffler and get that installed with your stock pipes(unless there rotted like mines were)
    here go to this website...
    www.truckperformance.com
    ....they got everything and their prices are cheap.

Thanks, you guys are great and i really do appreciate the great info, helped me alot.

With stock pipes it will still sound deep and stuff, will it sound like that MP3 clip, is that stock pipes? and just out of curiosity, about how much $$ would whole new pipes cost ? just wondering
    What is this i hear about chrome tips on the tail pipes, there like custom tips and supposably make it sound even better, is this true and is it worth it or is the flowmaster 40 on stock pipes enuff ?

I know i'm asking alot and you guys are big help.

Just excited that it's almost mine!!

thanks alot

Mike
    -MiZZiE

Also, instead of having a place install it, do you think it's simple enuff that my dad and me can install it, i mean all you have to do is release the old one, put on this one and tighten the clamps right? not sure but i'd like to save as much $$ as possible
    -MiZZiE

yeah your dad and you could install it, its just two clamps..just make sure the new muffler is level.

Okay i'm ordering mine ASAP, i'm going to go to AutoZone tomorrow and see what they have...Hopefully they have it and maybe i'll buy it then.

Thanks for the help guys.
    Any other comments wanted.

Mike
    -MiZZiE

i doubt u and ur dad can install it urself no offense or anything...but the flows are shorter than the stock muffler so u have to have a muffler shop extend the pipes or something to get them on .....DO NOT GET A 40 SERIES DELTA THEY SUCK I DONT EVEN NOTICE I HAVE A FLOWMASTER ON MY BLAZER!!!!

Hey thanks for the advice, no offence taken i understand, if u have to customize the pipes to accomodate it i will just have the shop do it, can't be too much to have them install it right?
    -MiZZiE

it cost me 60 bucks just for installing of my piece of shit 40 series