Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flowmaster 40

Thanks for the info, that's on my list now!!

any other mods ?
    -MiZZiE

'89 GMC s15 4.3L 2wd. Lowered.

'88 Camaro 305v8 5spd (For Sale/Trade)
    http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100029866.html

yo just puttin this question in here cause it was on the subject a while back, if i get a 40 series, single in, duel out, put turndowns on will i lose alot of back pressure and power???..ima do an electric fan swap here in about a month...yay fun fun fun..lol

hey ssx chevyblazer, is yur engine a vortec or tbi??

Kilo
    -98 Chevy S10 ZR2 - Stock
    -92 Chevy Blaze - Gone but Not Forgotten
    -97 Chevy Suburban - 6.5 TurboDiesel - New Project

Originally posted by 92KiloBlaze
    yo just puttin this question in here cause it was on the subject a while back, if i get a 40 series, single in, duel out, put turndowns on will i lose alot of back pressure and power???..ima do an electric fan swap here in about a month...yay fun fun fun..lol

hey ssx chevyblazer, is yur engine a vortec or tbi??

Kilo
    why waste bread on duals out with dumps? just dump a single out, unless you're going to run pipes all the way back...
    I've got a single-in, single-out 40 with 2 1/2" all the way back and it sounds sweet, and flows real well...
    '02 X Blazer 5 spd
    pics

i was just thinkin of doin that cause i heard it soudns good..i guiess ill do single in, single out since it sounds the same

ohhe yea..look over the typos..im 'kinda' drunk

Kilo

Banned
    Want to get a simple solution to that kiloblaze? Let me tell you this, flowmaster doesnt make a 40 with dual outs anymore.

Thats what i was going to use to get duals out the sides, now im stuck with stupid single.:gunfire::gunfire::gunfire:

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

if done right, a single exhaust can sound REAL sweet.

Hey 92Kilo,
    I'm pretty sure it's a Vortec. It's in auto- storage now, the last time i seen it was about a month ago, I wasn't as 'blazer smart' as i am now from this site so i didn't even look, but now that i think i think it has Vortec.......Sorry if i sound stupid, Just haven't see the truck in a while and like i said, last time i seen it i wasn't a member of this site, had no idea what a vortec was then.......LOL........

I'm asking my dad to take me over there this weekend so i can pull it out, drive it around a bit cause it's been sittin awhile, wash/wax it and take some pictures of it for you all.

BTW: Guys, if i can find a single in, dual out Flow40 somewere would that be better to grab or would i get just as good of a sound out of single ?(even tho they don't make them no more i'm sure i could find one, maybe on ebay ???)

Would dual out take away any HP or tourqe or anything? cuz if so i'll go w/ the single.............singles sound good on stock pipes and stuff still right ? that sound clip was a single on stocks right ? i 4got that was a while back in this thread.

BTW: Thanks for helping me so much and look at the size of this thread!! all this help. i greatly appreciate it guys please keep it coming :D with all this help U guys are going to help me make my blazer look/sound sweet :D

Thanks,
    Mike
    -MiZZiE

here's what a single 40-series flowy can sound like with a little work...

grrrrr

wat kinda work ?
    -MiZZiE

go spintech!
    hear it on spintech.com

Hey, Wat do u mean by 'a little work' tho, it wont sound that good w/ the flow40 and stock pipes ? damn now i'm all confused here (lol). Someone take a sound clip of there blazer with a flow 40 & stock pipes and someone take a sound clip of it with stock sound, i just wanna hear the differance online cause it sounds differant in person i bet.

Thanks,
    Mike
    -MiZZiE

Originally posted by lowcalcustoms
    go spintech!
    hear it on spintech.com
    yeah, a lot of people say that spintech is much better sounding than flowmaster. BUT, i've never heard one on a 4.3. their website only has clips of their mufflers on mustangs, corvetters, el caminos, etc. i want to hear it for my application.

i've also heard a lot of people say that the spintechs aren't as deep or throaty as flowmasters; that they're a little higher pitched. i'd love to hear one on a 4.3 to decide for myself.

the sound clip i posted is of my truck (4.3L) with some engine bolt-ons (including CAI), SLP Y-pipe, no cats (there are 2 on late model trucks), single out flowmaster 40-series (non-delta), all 3" pipe from the Y out the back.

they flow a lot better than any on the market, be original and go for it

yo guess what i found..a single in, duel out 40..hehehehehe..i love my life..this guy i know just took it off his truck and got a different one..he sold it to another guy and it wont work on his truck cause his is duel in, duel out..so hes sellin it to me fo 20 bucks, its only like 2 months old..im getttin it tomorrow after i pick up my paycheck..hell yea..this guy im gettin ir from used to have an extreme and he said it was 3" in 2.5" out..and he said pretty much all chevys are like that..he said more than likey mine is too..so if it is then ill just need to stop by autozone and pick up some turndowns..if not then ill stop by and get an adapeter and turndowns..man i love my luck..sorry this is a pretty worthless post but im just happy

Kilo

Hey el,
    Your on 3" pipes and stuff right? will a stock pipe, stock engine (no mods) with the flowmaster 40 sound KIND OF like yers ? (i know it wont sound as nice cause that has fatter pipes right???)

hey el if you are bored sometime and don't mind, could you take another sound clip of your truck reving/staying at Higher RPMs for a while to stimulate how it would sound when i punch the gas, u know- i like hearing that stuff, lol.

The spintech.com website isn't working everytime i try to go there it says it doesn't exist.....wrong URL maybe ?

Mike
    -MiZZiE