Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Flowmaster 40

i posted a sound clip of mine on the previous page of this thread. however, i also have a *few* other things i've done to my exhaust, so that clip is deeper and louder than what yours will sound like with that muffler.

it's hard to discribe an exhaust sound. try out the flowy 40 when you get it, it's a nice mellow rumble, you'll like it.

wow this sucks, i started this thread for my 4.3 an now i don't got that no more an i got a whimpy 2.8, will a flow40 still make it sound OKAY or stupid.

man this sux
    -MiZZiE

'89 GMC s15 4.3L 2wd. Lowered.

'88 Camaro 305v8 5spd (For Sale/Trade)
    http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100029866.html

Titties and beer TWIZTID EXTREME's Avatar
    my buddy was telling me when im gettin it installed , on the exit side of the muffler to just have it face down from there....told me it would sound a lot nicer. what you think about that?
    2003 white xtreme blazer
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/twiztidxtreme

AIM: twiztidxxxtreme
    AOL: twiztidxxxtreme@aol.com

TWIZTED - that's called a turndown. you can do that, and it will be louder. remember, though - in some states it's illegal. in DE, for example, your exhaust has to exit behind the rear axle of the vehicle. the other thing to remember is that exhaust gasses are corrosive. you'd be dumping exhaust fumes underneath your truck, exposing your brake lines and such to exhaust gasses.

I let my friend drive my blazer around the block without me in it. It has a turndown right after the muffler on a Flowmaster 40 seires. It was awesom hearing in person fromt he outside. It has a nice low rumble to it and it was loud enough that i could hear him the entire way around the block.

yea CB your truck sounds good, heard the sound clip......didn't know it had a turn down tho.
    -MiZZiE

Thanx, thats an old soundclip from before when i didn't have a turndown. I guess I should get a new soundclip with the turndown.

alright well my muffler came in yesterday. if i get outta work i think im gonna go ahead and try gettin it installed wit a turndown. hopehully ill like it
    2003 white xtreme blazer

CB, if that's how nice it sounded w/o a turndown i can't wait to hear the new clip........sweet :D
    -MiZZiE

i got mine installed today. meinecke wouldnt do a turn down cuz they said its against EPA. they said exhuast has to come outtta the rear cuz when you go for emmissions. but overall it sounds pretty good not too loud just a mellow tone.
    2003 white xtreme blazer

I have a Flowmaster 40 Series center 3" in / dual 2.25" or 2.5" out, I'm not sure which, that I am not using, and it has only about 15 miles on it at the most. I had it installed and had dual turndowns on it (still on it now) and I found it to be too loud for my taste inside my Blazer, that was before I re-did my interior and added heaps of soundproofing though.

But my point is, I'll sell it, and Ill post the numbers off the mffler as far as model no. etc. if anyone is interested. I also have a 40 series center 2.5 in/ center 2.5 out that has no more than 1000 miles on it.

Also, Summit sells a universal tailpipe kit from flowmaster that has 4 pre-bent pieces of whatever diameter pipe you choose and the bends are all mandrel bent, so the diameter remains constant through the bend, and its a bit less than $100.00, like $70.00 or so if I remember correctly.

Anyway, $45.00 plus shipping for the 40 series dual out and $35.00 plus shipping for the 40 series single out.
    Shipping from 94117 Zip Code
    Last edited by dOcKtoRsKetCh; 09-14-2003 at 07:31 PM.
    dOcKtoR sKetCh

...and to SSX,

...it looks like you started this thread askin about a 4.3, but then you say somethin about not having anymore. What happened?
    dOcKtoR sKetCh

This is what happen.....

http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showt...5&pagenumber=1

Now i'm stuck with a 2.8 :( it's louder INSIDE of the truck then it is outside so it's anoying - I think i need an exhast/muffler. so should i get a regular muffler or a flow 40. will a 2.8 sound stupid with one ?
    -MiZZiE

Damn, THAT TRULY sucks, blows, and all the rest.

Well GODD LUCK with that 2.8L, I would not put too much money into it, just enough to get by for a year or so, 'till you can save some $$ (not even too much) and find a '88 or up with a 4.3L and a rust/salt/corrosion free body and frame.

I see them on eBay all the time for under 1K.

I am looking for a 1st Gen 2dr 2wd that came with a 5spd from the factory, no matter what motor for a V8 conversion as a second vehicle.

I even lost out on a 92 4.3L 5spd 2wd 2dr with a perfect body and interior, only needed clutch replaced. It went for $510.00, and it was in CA where I am, too. /?I fell asleep that afternoon, and I NEVER do that, I usually can't sleep at all, let alone during the middle of the day.
    dOcKtoR sKetCh

Yea it does suck, and u know what's even worse?
    My parents bought that brand new off the showroom floor in 92 they were the only owners and knew every part that went in that truck, this new truck probably had about 10 owners and i have no idea how it was treated so i just gotta start over again.

In time I think i'm going to buy some panels, get a paint job & then after thats all done i'll save up some $$$ and when the 2.8 gives me the least problem i'm going to drop a 350 in there.
    I don't want to waste a 'perfectly good 2.8' so maybe i'll buy a blown motored s10 pickup for a few hundred an put that in there an sell it. but this is in a while so i got time to beat on the 2.8 :D

Besides the rust, heres some positve stuff about it that makes me wanna keep it to make nicer...
    The interior of the truck is perfect, power windows, power locks- has alot of options for an 87. It will be sitting for 6 months anyways cause i got some issues w/ my licence they want me to wait 6 more months untill i can get my full time...not cause of any fines or tickets just cause they feel like it i guess :mad:

surprisingly the underside of the truck is average 4 New england, unless your truck is kept inside all winter around here it's going to look like this under it.-, salt eats cars up here.

body isn't really that bad- just the rear 1/4 an rocker panels are really bad- there is some rust areas on the front fenders and stuff but fenders are only appx $25.

The 2.8 with 131,594 Miles (or somethin like that,lol) it has alot of new parts, the parts alone are what i paid for the truck, the dude was just hurtin for money i guess.

It runs good (don't hear that often,lol) 4x4 works perfect- theres a place not to far from me called 'the dunes' were dirt bikes and ATVs 4 wheel, i tested the 4x4 out there an it worked fine.
    So over all i guess i'll keep it and give it a whole new look and in the future some 350 power!!

mike
    -MiZZiE